Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default That 70's Show -Here's to a new year and a new us

Hi everyone! I know I've been MIA with the holidays, I read as much as I could on our Christmas thread to catch up.
Sounds like everyone is doing so well.
I'm pertty much the "same",
But I am doing okay, not horrible, but okay.
My husband wants to take a vacation in 08 which is wonderful news if it actually happens, and all the more reason to stay on a path.

I need to focus on mini-goals, and come heck or high water I need I need to set a work out schedule for myself and stick to it, with NO excuses right??

Happy New Year 70's Club !

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 12-29-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I haven't been around much lately either. And the holidays have had an effect on my weight LOL. But I am ready to kick it into high gear now for the New Year!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies - haven't seen y'all in forever!!! Hope you had great holidays. Eny, Flower, & I have been holding down the fort and missing everyone who has been crazy busy. I don't blame you for being absent...some days I wish I was....I still haven't gotten more than 5 hours sleep any night this month. Can't wait for it to be over.

I have been hitting the gym hard. I am enjoying it and seeing great results. Still not fit and fabulous, but I've got time for that. I even went out and bought a new pair of running shoes...nike shox...i think they are ugly and I avoided trying them on in about 5 different stores..then I gave in and found they felt perfect for my running. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill in intervals yesterday. Today I took off but did plenty of walking around the mall looking for new sneakers. Tomorrow I am hiking through a nature preserve with my mother...hope that goes well!

2Bthin...schedule your gym time!!! Didn't we discuss this last month??? I'm just playing with you...but you know, I'd never get it done if I didn't plan my life around those 2 hours a day.

I think I am going to try and fit in a beach run tomorrow (on the sidewalk that runs next to the beach here...not running in sand!!!)...of course that will be after the hiking....anywho..we'll see...

Keep it up ladies!!! Let's make it a great & goal oriented 2008!!! Check in more often!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #4  
I can do it !!!!

Gator - - "a beach run" Oh man !!! So not fair. I'm all bundled up here freezing cold in OHIO.
That is awesome that you are doing so well ! I need to hear stories like yours, even though I'm slacking, I'm still inspired and will always have good intentions!
We cancelled our gym membership, so it's just what I have at home, which does include a weight bench, video tapes, and a recumbent bike heck we even have a leg press. I just can't get on the bike, I think I'm afraid.
I'm afraid I will only do 5 minutes and want to quit. I know the more I do it, the longer I can handle it.
My DH has been home on vacation over a week now and is going back to work on the 2nd. The kids go back to school on the 7th, and hopefully that week things will go back to normal around here.
Anyone feel free to smack me anytime, I know I need it !
Old 12-29-2007, 11:11 PM   #5  
is baaaad to the bone!

Smackity Smack Smack Smack!!!! I know the beach run thing is awful to write about seeing as the rest of the country is cold...or frozen...I was born & raised in South Florida....and I just don't get why everyone doesn't live here...I actually live in a small town..nothing big like Miami...that place drives me crazy...but we do have beautiful beaches here in my small town...don't get me wrong, sometimes I hate it here...but honestly....I can't give it up at this point in my life.

For your bike...this is what I do...I compete with myself...that is the way that one day I only do 2.5 miles, then the next 3 miles...I tell myself that I am better and stronger than I think I am....sounds a little corny...but it has always worked for me. Before I met my dbf...I was a gym rat...and about 70lbs lighter...it worked for me then and it is working again for me now. When I started out at the gym about 6 months ago...I could only do about 10 minutes on the elliptical and was huffing and puffing the entire time...I can do more than an hour now and then do another 30-40 minutes on the treadmill...I know...ridiculous...but all I did was tell myself each day that I was better than that...that I won't be a fatty...and that all those skinny muscular girls were just me in the future...even though they look good...I can do it too..jiggling all the way...but doing it. You can do it too!!!!!

Guess what I'm taking a break from????? Cleaning out my closet...it's like shopping again...basically because I managed to keep a good selection of my size 14 pants...although I have about 30 pairs of pants in a bag ready for Goodwill in the morning...still working on shirts...arduous task, but fabulous at the same time. Mom says...dont' say you won't ever fit into those pants again..thinks I should keep them...but she is so far from wrong....although she is greatly supportive of my new lifestyle...she has always been heavy and struggled with weight....I didn't...until I met DBF and got his bad habits shoved down my throat!!!

Anywho...enough yapping....
Old 12-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #6  
I can do it !!!!

Gator - thanks for the slap!! I love how you talk yourself into your great workouts. Do you have kids ??? I don't know how people with kids find all the time they need for themselves. We have a 3 and 5 yr old and they are always with me. They go to bed at 8pm and by then I'm always ready to collapse!
When DH is working he wakes up at 5:30 and is out the door at 6:30. I don't know how the man does it. He wants to beat the AM traffic on the way into the city. I know I need to wake up when he does to get my work out in. Once the kids are up, usually no later than 7....my day just revolves around them and their schedules.
I am also always tired, and don't know if it's from the weight, my thyroid, my snoring, or getting up a dozen times at night to pee.
I bought a bottle of B12 several months ago and have not taken one yet, do you ,or anyone else take that?
And Gator - by all means - enjoy that sunshine! I'd live there if we could, but due to my husbands occupation -- we are limited to where we can live. Mostly up north, yuck !

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 12-30-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Amanda... I used to do that with my walking. On Monday I would walk. The next day I would beat my distance. And so on and so on. Then on my day "off" I would reset my time back to zero. It worked wonderfully. During my most fit times I would do 2 walks, sometimes totaling 8-9 miles a day. More laters, gotta take son to work. I still sick, diet is still on, excersice is way off.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #8  
I can do it !!!!

Oh Flower I remember when I did 2 walks a day, usually with a baby carriage! You have FOUR kids....how do you find the time? I only have TWO and I find it so hard to schedule ME time. One is in half day kindergarten (afternoon), the other is in preschool 2 mornings a week..., so I always have one with me. And we always are going going running here, running there.
Please please please share the secret !!!!!

OMG, I just checked out the success stories ---
Have you guys seen this girl? These are her stats - I LOVE reading stories like hers.
June 05 - 216 lbs -- Size 20
Nov 05 - 200 lbs -- Size 18
March 06 - 172 lbs -- Size 14/16
August 06 - 150 lbs Size 8
Oct 06 - 141 lbs -- Size 6
Dec 06 - 131 lbs -- Size 5
Jan 07 -- 129 lbs -- Size 4
Feb 07 --127 lbs -- Size 3
April 07 - 124 lbs
June 07 - 120 lbs
August 07 - 119 lbs
November 07 -- 116 lbs -- ONE HUNDRED POUNDS LOST

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 12-30-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #9  
you can call me flower

If I can not get hubby to watch the kids so I can have an hour to myself I walk my 7 year old to school with my 1 year old in the stroller. That is a 1/2 hour walk each way x 4. I have a park near by that my 7 year will play at while I push the stroller around the 1/4 mile path that encircles the play ground structure. It is made just for that. But normally I will go do my walking with the stroller at the fitness path at the park after driving son to school. No cars to worry about, the pond is pretty to look at and the ducks entertain my little one. I strive for alone walks 2-3 times a week, but if I don't get it, it is okay. My 2 older ones are 14 and 17, they don't need me all that much anymores. Well, not to baby sit them while I work out anyways.

I am hoping this is the last day of my yuck. I have a slight fever today. Scale is refusing to visit a smaller number. I know it is cause I haven't worked out all week. Dieting alone doesn't do it for me. Fine for maintaining. I don't want to maintain 190!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:42 PM   #10  
I can do it !!!!

Flower - we have a park just like that with a walking path around the play gym, I love that place! But it is freezing temps here now...until late spring so that is not an option. I didn't know that park existed until late fall, it was next to a field where the kids played soccer. We'd lived here a year by that point and I never knew it was there!

Side note today:
My oldest (5) just made a random comment -- out of the blue ---- he says "I'm glad I'm a boy, 'cause if I was girl I'd grow up to have a fat tummy".

Nice huh? FYI - my DH has a 32" waist, very thin.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hope you'r feeling better Flower!

2Bthinagain...Kids are so funny! I guess he hasn't been around alot of larger fellas LOL.

I stayed on plan yesterday, and worked out! I am hoping I can keep it up

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #12  
you can call me flower

I am starting to feel human today. I think I will do a yoga DVD this afternoon once hubby goes to work. I don't want an audience. Not ready for that!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #13  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone started their new year off right! I didn't. I hate to admit it but went out to eat for all 3 of my meals on the 31st!!! This is nowhere near something I have done in the past 3 months...I tried to eat light..but I was nowhere near light at the end of the day. I have tried to correct myself by having 10 servings of water today and only ate some fruit for breakfast, slimfast shake a little later, and then a salad late afternoon. What a bummer this was as it is my first slip up. I'm disappointed and it doesn't feel good...seriously...my belly still hurts. I'm avoiding the scale for a couple of days until I can see if the water is going to help me out. Still on schedule with gym and what not...but I can't believe I just had my first binge. Argh!

Flower - glad to hear you are feeling better...that cold has been going around down here and I had it for 10 days...it was awful!

2BThin - the success stories are what keep us all motivated...I love to read them...even multiple times...they are one of the reasons I keep coming back...especially when someone posts new photos...love it!

Speaking of new photos...I posted one in my profile...it's not good quality as I had my dbf use my camera phone considering my real camera took a dump this week...sooo..that's me...in all my Gator Glory...good news is those are thick sweat pants...but I'm down to a size 14 and was able to get to the Gap Outlet and get 3 pairs of pants to tide me over until I'm a 12...at which point I have a fairly good stash of those in my closet.

Well..off to bed...hope my tummy feels better...yuck!

~Amanda
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  
you can call me flower

Guess what??? The scale finally says 189!!!! This is with shorts, undies, t-shirt on. woohoo! I am so excited. I am going to get a walk in as soon as one of my family memeebers wakes up to watch baby. I think it is a tad windy for him outside. I am looking forward to the chill.

Amanda, we all got days like those. Just gotta make sur eit doesn't happen again for awhile.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #15  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm here! I'm here! I'm so sorry for being MIA...things have just been NUTS! DH and I had our one-year anniversary in December... and we bought a house!!! Way sooner than we planned, but we are just in love with our new home. Hopefully we'll be closing by the end of this week. So between inspections, getting our loan, traveling/vacation for the holidays, I feel like I've hardly been home, let alone staying on my diet.

I don't know what I weigh, but I do know that my eating has just gone totally in the crapper alongside the exercise. It's back on track today. I have a new motivation... DH and I are going to Moab, UT in mid-April for his birthday (he loves to mountain bike and do outdoorsy things), and I said I'd go on a hike with him in one of the parks. So I need to get myself in shape!

Things are going to be difference since we moved. First, our old house is 5 minutes away from the college campus and we get to use their new rec center for free since we're students. So it has been great (and a money saver) for us to be so close to the gym. Now that we are moving, we won't be as close, and it will take extra motivation to get up and go.

BUT, our new house has an unfinished basement, and DH already has plans to bring down his weight machine (still stored at his parent's house from high school!) and set it up. I bought a pilates mat and plan on doing pilates along with something like WATP or Couch 2 5K on the days I can't make it to the gym, along with weights.

Anway, I'm so glad to see everyone still here!!! This year is the year!!!
Closed Thread