South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Thrilling Thursday Chick Chat

Rise and shine chickies!
DD had a bad dream and woke me. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to get the day started. How is your Thursday shaping up? I think I deserve a medal, since I have not had even one of those Lindt chocolates! I was hungry last night and had a few too many peanuts and a little NSA ice cream, which is probably not okay for Ph1, but all in all, I consider it a successful day. Tonight I'm making Taco Bake, which is always something to look forward to! I'll go get the coffee on, stop in and visit for a while!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Schmoo! What was the poor baby's dream about? I had a weird one last night about having a knife stuck in my side that I could take out because I'd bleed all over the place. Probably just too much CSI on my part, though...

I'm not feeling so hot today. I'm achy all over and feeling just blah. I believe in the power of positive thought, however, so I am going to say I feel better and then maybe it'll happen. Here's hoping!

Have a great Thursday everyone! Can you believe it's almost the weekend already?!

Kara
Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

She was mumbling something about a box of wasps and one really big wasp that was stinging her through her jeans. Dreams are so crazy sometimes.
Is it the SB flu? Are you still doing Ph1, or are you done with that? I remember you were doing it before Christmas. Day 3 for me, and so far I feel okay.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:18 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Thursday morning and pass the coffee.

I am off to the city this morning for pre-op stuff and need to hit a grocery store. My company sure could eat! My dear Cousin Cathy will be here for lunch and I really don't have anything to feed her except shrimp and she's allergic to that! My sister and BIL have invited themselves for dinner while Cathy is here. I'm planning Shepherd's Pie and cole slaw - WASP soul food as my BIL calls it. We have all declared a moritorium on dessert but I may put out a bowl of walnuts and clementines.

Have as thrilling a Thursday as possible. I'm off to do some updating of stickies.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, no, I finished Phase 1 before Christmas. I think I started the first of December. The whole rest of the family (but Connor) has been sick for the past week so I think I just caught it from throwing away all the snot rags and washing all the throw-up clothes. Tried to keep my hands clean, but you know how it is being Mom. Honestly, though, I feel a ton better now than I did this afternoon so that's good. Especially because Tom has to work tomorrow through Sunday so he won't be around to help with the wee ones. I'll take it easy tomorrow and then hope for full form on Saturday.

My sister Jill (the one who just found out she's pregnant) once had a dream about a witch eating off her toes. She sleeps with her feet covered to this day!

Ruth, good luck with your appointment! Clementines are big around here nowadays. In fact, I may go grab one right now...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-03-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: simulposting with Ruth
Old 01-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I really need that coffee this morning! Thanks Schmoodle. One of the kitties decided she just had to have some love at 4 am. I need to find a cat therapist!

Kara - I'm sending lots of Vitamin C filled positive thoughts your way! Love the new pic

Ruth - Hope it's all smooth sailing with the pre-op. Is it Thursday? I'm so confused this week!

Well it's below zero out there, so I'm just not thinking about it. Have to get out early for PT then off to work for a staff meeting. Can this day be any more exciting?! Must not spend the day researching vacation things. Really, really must not

Stay warm out there!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning girls,
I was wide awake at 4 when Jake got up. But I snuggled deeper into the covers when he was telling me how cold it was, and fell back to sleep. Our trusty weather station says it's 18*, which I guess is nothing to you Canadian friends!
Day 1 on Phase 1 was a breeze yesterday, thanks to my planning every detail. I wasn't the least bit hungry in between, and didn't feel deprived at all. Of course, that was only day one, too. I always start off gung-ho. A friend wants to go out for lunch today, but I think I'm going to decline all lunch invites for the next two weeks, just to be on the safe side!
The girls are back in school today and since I helped Cindy take down her tree and decorations yesterday, she said to take this morning off. We don't have anything planned for the afternoon, maybe a trip to the library. Right now, though, it's time to refill my mug!

Schmoodle, how's your DD? Did she go back to sleep? That's always so disturbing to wake up with a bad dream! I hope you both have a pleasant day.

Kara, to you, too! It sounds like you've caught that bug that the rest of your family had. Feel better soon!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:37 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, I went to the gym on Tuesday and picked up the monthly calendar and they had used 2007 instead of 2008, so it said that the first was Wednesday. I was SO confused! I *thought* it was Tuesday but then wondered if I had just missed a day somewhere in the craziness of life. I was so glad to find out they had the calendar wrong.

Thanks for the compliments on the picture. We were by the East Sea (They do NOT call it the Sea of Japan here - "No one owns the sea!" - as they are VERY bitter about the Japanese trying to take over Korea!), up in the northeast of South Korea. It was a gorgeous trip!

Good luck finding a cat therapist!

Thanks for the hug, Linda! I must have had the twelve hour version because I'm feeling better by the minute! Way to go on your first day. Keep up the great work!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-03-2008 at 06:38 AM. Reason: simulposting again!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth. I guess you're counting down the days til your surgery, it won't be long now! Have a nice visit with your company, and drive safely.

Cyndi, a nice morning snuggle with a kitty sounds lovely! It's too bad you have to get up and ready for work, though. Dress warmly!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:32 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Happy

It is sooooo cold here this morning..... I feel bad the the kids we have so much snow outside to play in and there is no way they can go out, they will be frozen in no time. And I am going to be in no time, they are wound up already and it is only 8:20. They have not been together for weeks now and they get so excited when they get back together. But I feel bad for my dd's cause they don't get to sleep in.

Schmoodle- thanks for starting us up. Hope DD got to go back to sleep. I hate bad dreams. I think I am going to make the taco bake on the week end. I have not made it yet. Can't wait to try it. Have a wonderful day.

Kara- Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You rocked on the exercising this month, you inspire me.

Ruth- Is it cold in your neck of the woods as well. Good luck with the pre op stuff. Enjoy your company. Hope you get to take a minute for yourself. Like a nice bubble bath or something.

Cindy- Hope you enjoy your exciting day.

Cottage- It is so cold here, I wish I could have snuggled back in bed. It is going to be an indoor day for us today. Which is sad cause we have so much snow that is just waiting to be played in. I think the craft box will have to come out this afternoon. I finally took my tree down yesterday. My sweet dd's help. Enjoy your morning.

Me- Day one was a sucess. Not feeling too badly thank goodness. Just sitting enjoying my tea while the kids are snuggled up on the couch under blankets and enjoying the tv and video games. they only have a few minutes left of that. Today I think I will re organize my dresser drawers. I vow to throw out or bag up all the stuff that does not fit or I don't wear.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Schmoodle Great job with the chocolates. I hope DD gets a better night sleep tonight.
Kara Glad you're feeling better.
Ruth Have fun with your guests and good luck with the pre-op stuff. It won't be too much longer now.
Cyndi Stay warm.
Cottage Have fun at the library and stay warm.
LC Good luck on the dresser reorg. When you're done there you want to come do my closets?

Me Well, apparently the headache liked it's new environment because it stuck around all day yeserday and is back today. Aargh!!! I'm goiing to try that positive thinking (and more Excedrin) I'll be completely happy if it is gone by the weekend. For some reason I don't mind feeling less than 100% at work but not on my own time
Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #12  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

OMG I'm so freaking cold. It's 12 degrees here in Florida. Will someone lend me a winter coat? I don't think I own anything heavier than a sweater.

Good news on the diet front, Phase 1 is going well, but since today the dreaded day 3, I'm expecting a turn for the worse.

I'll be back in later, I've got to coax the dog outside to potty.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good cold morning to ya. It's 26* right now and I just keep wondering why it couldn't have been cold last week while i was off.

Schmoodle I had the taco bake lastnite - delish! I hope you get a chance to catch up on your rest today

Kara it must have been a nite of weird dreams as I think thats all I did was dream. I hope your not coming down with something. Be sure to get lots of rest and That comment you made about your sis is to funny

Ruth yeah the shrimp isn't such a good idea. Rnjou your day!

Cyndi heres an xtra cup to keep you warm

Have a great day [B]Cottage[/B

LC good luck with your organization project. My that you get it done.

Dawn heres some to fight off that headache

Dixie what part of fla are you in? I live in Jax and it was suppose to go to 19* but never did I know what you mean about the dog situation as my lil 5lb yorkie only seems to want to stay wraped in his blanky.

Doing very well on phase 1 - feeling great about myself. Lastnight dh had me start this 8 week workout program with him mine isn't as intense as his - he is already fit & in shape. Wish me luck

Have a great day ladies and stay warm.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning all,

Just a normal Thursday planned here. I have laundry started and I have been on my walk already. I feel for you ladies that are freezing.......I don't know how you do it. I would rather take the heat in the summer. Right now it is 56* outside. But just remember I live in what my BIL affectionatly calls the litter box of the U.S. I am on day 3 one phase one and seem to be doing o.k.

Everyon have a great day and a safe one too
Old 01-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!!!

I'm a little late checking in this morning. Had a ton of work and wanted to get it out of the way before I could "play".

I swear I don't know how those of you who have consistant freezing weather during the winter can handle it. Guess it depends on what you are used to. It's in the 20's here and I just looked and my sugar kettle pond is frozen solid! I'm glad I thought to remove the solar founntain out of it last night, or I'm sure it would have cracked. I really hate cold weather and the heater dries my skin out even though I slather myself with both olive oil when I get out of the tub and with heavy cream before I get dressed. Think I'm going to add some flax seed oil tablets!

My Mom is under the weather with a cold, so I think I'm going to make a big pot of chicken noodle soup today (haven't ever tried it with WW noodles) Her sister (87) is coming to visit in 2 weeks and I want her well by then. They haven't seen each other in person for 12 years (and that was for their brother's funeral, so not a happy time for them) Both were caring for very ill husbands for all of those years and could not leave them. My aunt lives in Seattle and Mama was in New Orleans. They are both so exited about this visit (my cousin is coming also) and we plan on having 2 weeks of wonderful fun before they have to go back to Seattle.
Closed Thread