Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #1  

Default 20 in 20 Program - Questions???

I'd like to give Jenny Craig a shot. I've seen the "Loose 20 pounds for $20" advertised on TV and I think that would work for me, but I'm wondering whats all involved with the program? In the past, I've done Weight Watchers, and it worked for a while, but I need more structure, much like I think JC will provide. I have about 20 to loose. Are there "materials"? Meetings? How much does the food cost? Does it taste good? Any information you could provide would be appreciated!
AuntieCiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi CiCi,

I've been on JC for about 1-1/2 years and have taken off about 55 lbs. I'm 3 lbs from my goal, but I'm going to try to take another 5 lbs. after that.

I've done Weight Watchers, too, and I think that is a great program as well. I, too, needed the structure that Jenny has given me. I seemed to take all the freedom that WW gave me too far and then would just cheat too much. Again, I think it is a great program, I just needed something else to keep me on track.

I think the food is very good. I think the first two weeks I had a bad attitude and thought it was just frozen foods, but I've learned to really like it. Of course everyone has their favorites. I try to eat most all the different foods they offer to keep some variety - especially since I've been doing this for the long haul. I think the food costs about $100 per week. I joined their "rewards" program that cost about $99 and offered discounts to the food. I'm not sure if they still offer that program, but it sure helped me with the cost. You will also have to buy some fresh foods from the grocery store: milk, veggies, fruit, etc.

There is only one meeting a week which is a one-on-one consultation. You weigh in, order food for the following week and discuss your challenges for the upcoming week. I have a great counselor who has really gotten to know me, so that helps me feel like I have a partner in this.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I hope to see you on the main Jenny Craig thread soon.
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #3  

First of all, congratulations on your success! 55 lbs is FANTASTIC! You must feel like a million bucks right now!

$100 is about what I was thinking. I saw on their web site that they have "Travel/Budget" foods and will ask about that at my next meeting...I'm actually excited to get into this. Do you get any materials to read up on? (Kind of like you get at WW?) Is there anything on the JC web site that you would recommend? I'm like reading up on things and learning as much as I can about the program. I bit the bullet and went this afternoon, so I'm officially a member. This is "do-able" because I want it to be!

Oh, do they have guidelines for exercise and water consumption?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #4  

And another question I ran across tonight...Some of the food items on my list for this first week have an "M" next to them (Modular Jenny's Cuisine items). What are these? I tried looking on-line and got a bit lost on their web site.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #5  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieCiCi View Post
And another question I ran across tonight...Some of the food items on my list for this first week have an "M" next to them (Modular Jenny's Cuisine items). What are these? I tried looking on-line and got a bit lost on their web site.

Thanks for any help!
I was on JC two years ago and I did great! I really loved it, but started to get sick of the food...but it WAS very good. I was just getting picky. Then I went off it, and well...see my ticker. (sigh)

Now, I'm not 100% sure about the modular part, but I'm thinking that you don't need a microwave for it. Like the tuna. You just grab and go.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #6  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieCiCi View Post
First of all, congratulations on your success! 55 lbs is FANTASTIC! You must feel like a million bucks right now!

$100 is about what I was thinking. I saw on their web site that they have "Travel/Budget" foods and will ask about that at my next meeting...I'm actually excited to get into this. Do you get any materials to read up on? (Kind of like you get at WW?) Is there anything on the JC web site that you would recommend? I'm like reading up on things and learning as much as I can about the program. I bit the bullet and went this afternoon, so I'm officially a member. This is "do-able" because I want it to be!

Oh, do they have guidelines for exercise and water consumption?
Yes, you get books to read up with, but I believe you have to buy the yearly plan for that...but just ask.

I recommend the chicken fajitas for dinner and toffee bites for dessert. YUM!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Cici,

I joined JC as a "lifetime" member many years ago and was not given new liferature when I went back again. I did receive quite a bit when I first joined, but that was about 15 years ago. Since I've been back I've received some, but not much.
I'm not sure what Modular food is? I thought that "M" was for meatless. They have some food that are noted as meatless, higher in protein, travel food (food that is not frozen) and the frozen foods.

I use the JC website to track my weight loss and plan my weekly menus. I'm able to print my menus and take it into the centre to order my food. Some people plan their menus during their consultation, but I rather spend the time talking about my challenges and struggles.

I don't post on the JC site, but I like to read some of the suggestions others make about jazzing up the food or hear about when some of the new foods will be coming in.

I think a lot of people get bored, like Nicole. I'm not as picky and there are only a few items I just won't eat. Like I've mentioned before, I try to eat most all the foods that JC offers - not just my favorites. They chicken fajitas are great, but I only have them every other week. With Jenny you can eat them every day, I need to to keep as much variety going as possible. I needed to lose quite a bit and am a slow loser anyway, so I new I had to make the best of it. I think it is great that you still have some choice to make to suit your own style.

Hope this helps,
Christina
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #8  

Thanks chrstna446 and BabyNicole for your information!

crstna446 - I've played around a bit more on the JC web site and hope to learn how to set up my own menus. But since this is only my first week, I guess I should try the foods first before I start designing my own weeks!!

By the way, those Sunshine Sandwiches for breakfast ROCK! So do the S'mores bars! I had the French Toast this morning and the fruit tasted really wierd - not in my "favs" column.

Here's to a good weekend for ALL of us!