Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default Happy Moooo Year, here's to 10 years of perfection

If nothing else, this is a persistant herd. Cheers to you all. I'll be having a quiet evening with a much younger man. Baby Vincent and I will be ringing in the new year together while his mommy and daddy get a break. It will be our first sleep over together.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year!

My boyfriend and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary We're having a relaxing dinner at home, then going to a comedy show. Later, we might drop in at a friend's house (she's having a party). It will be my first time going to a party and not drinking, so it should be interesting! (Fun and tiring )

Wishing you all the best in the New Year. Cheers!
Old 12-31-2007, 06:16 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

happy MOOOOOOOOOO year to you all---CowCows!!! perhaps we will find a way to deal with our extra poundage THIS year---i agree Wabby--it is a persistant herd in the sense that we still hang in here pretending to looose weight while really hoping to sell a few sponges or find Betty's green shoe---OR walk around the Duck Hudda Pond=-====we are going over to sissy's tonight---i have a headache so that makes me not want to drink---BUT i WANT to drink so we shall see---i think spending the evening with Baby Vincent sounds utterly divine!!!! Can we see some pics soon---he must be getting bigger already!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR --I MEAN MOOOOOOO YEAR!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #4  

Happpeee New Year all you divine bovines!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #5  

I'm sorry. I hi-jacked the herd without telling anyone.

I can't take this rainy weather anymore. I'm going to Arizona for a couple weeks on the 16th. Any of youz cows want to meet me there?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #6  

New Year - New Thread..makes sense wabbalicious.
I will be in loverly Lincoln Nebraska, the week of the 16th... My blood has thinned ! I'm a southinah now, I dont no how I shall cope with the midwest winter! I'd rather go to Arizona... I leave this Saturday for week with the wee people in Dublin, and may be there again the week of the 21st? I feel like a gypsy.

Xmas was a bust..I got the flu..phooey! We came home on the 26th... I had to cancel all my play dates with my galpals waaaaa.
New Years was marvy, our neighboor invited us to the neighboorhood NY Eave party.. We met about 30 neighbors - and various neighbors dropped by with candy and wine to welcome us to the neighborhood...
nuthin else to report...how was your news years cowies?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #7  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhh schatzi lives on WISTERIA LANE!!! I wonder if they have any leave your keys in the fishbowl parties there!!! how nice,seriously,for them to welcome you and invite you to a party---sounds like a lovely neighbourhood----my sister who runs a few call centres has been to Ireland on business----i hear it's lovely and GREEEEN over there---my dd loved it when she was there ====said she had the BEST cheese EVER in Ireland!=====I think Arizona sounds about perfect Wabby----WE HAVE SO MUCH EFFIN SNOW HERE I WANT TO GET THE **** OUT OF HERE---WE HAVE HAD AT LEAST FIVE STORMS IN A MONTH---IT'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS--WE HAD A BIG STORM ON NEW YEARS'S EVE DAY AND ONE LAST NIGHT----THE SNOWBANKS ARE UNREAL-----WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Bagzz; 01-02-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

That Is The Square Across From My Market Where My Shop Is---it Has Stormed Three Times Since I Took That Picture!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default So I finally noticed you'd all gone... Here I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Did everyone eat black eyes peas today? Mind are delicious and I have turnip greens and corn break.
Mmm sounds pretty good. I thought about it, but I ate leftover moose hungarian goulash instead. What is DS doing working his tushy off on vacation? DD is so burned out from the semester that she declined to work at all during her time home. She was working sometimes 18 hours a week at school. I think that's too much. But you can't really argue with her grades, so far 2 As and an A-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
Baby Vincent and I will be ringing in the new year together while his mommy and daddy get a break.
Oh what a Perfect New Year! On New Year's Eve, I picked up DH's great-nephew to deliver to his grammie (my SIL) so his parents could enjoy an evening out. He was as good as gold in the car. Ah babies. Well, he's 2, but still. Glad you got to do that; who needs champagne and confetti when you have sweet baby smell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
I'm going to Arizona for a couple weeks on the 16th. Any of youz cows want to meet me there?
Does that ever sound lovely! Like Bagz, we have been having snowstorm after snowstorm. I must take a pic of my back yard; I don't think I've ever seen quite this much snow here in Maine. It looks more like Buffalo (I lived there when I was a kid) with the tons and tons of lake effect snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
New Years was marvy, our neighboor invited us to the neighboorhood NY Eave party.. We met about 30 neighbors -
Nice! Sorry to hear your Christmas was flu-ed out. I didn't feel too great either because of pulling a muscle in my neck a couple of days before, but it was a nice quiet Christmas. I want to go to Ireland. How much luggage can you take
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
WE HAVE SO MUCH EFFIN SNOW HERE I WANT TO GET THE **** OUT OF HERE---WE HAVE HAD AT LEAST FIVE STORMS IN A MONTH---IT'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS--WE HAD A BIG STORM ON NEW YEARS'S EVE DAY AND ONE LAST NIGHT----THE SNOWBANKS ARE UNREAL-
Isn't it insane? Did all of your snow stick around too? Last night we (DH & I, DD & bf) all piled into DH's truck and took turns plowing. How redneck is that? Couldn't believe all the snow on the main road. Usually that's plowed regularly, but at 11 PM they hadn't even made one pass and there was about 6" piled up. BF had to drive home in it, still a blizzard so he couldn't see.

So yeah, I went to dietitian and I'm allowed to eat cardboard, air, and floor sweepings. I have signed up at FitDay, which is sort of amusing, and very easy to use. A whole lot easier than that site we used to go to, what was it Diet Watch? Honestly I'm going to starve to death.

Kiwi
Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Just to let youse know, it got to 18 last night. I know that 16 F is 61 C so ... was cold in any language. My car got new antifreeze yesterday fortunately. The mechanics had told me the radiator is leaking but not to do anything. Just wait til it gets worse. Doesn't need antifreeze. Won't get that cold. So I called yesterday to say DS will be in town a few more days and could they please check the radiator while he's here so I'll have transporatation. They said to come right away and get antifreeze.

Me: You're the ones that said it didn't need antifreeze.

Them: I didn't know it would get to 18.

So was a lucky phone call.

I've had some ups and downs at work. Got fulltime status. Got trained for more responsibility. First day doing THAT job, the til was almost $150 short. I would be 98 percent sure I made a mistake BUT another woman (Ice Queen) was using MY till so I'm not 100 percent sure she didn't do something.

Then, as a regular cashier, a woman's credit card wouldn't go through and she acted not so coherent. As trained, I gave the credit card and the receipt to the bagger and told him to take it to the customer service counter. He stepped away from me, gave her back her credit card and she left without paying. I'm in trouble not him as English is not his first language. I'm supposed to know he didn't understand even though he's worked there 6 years, I've heard him speak English and he acted like he understood.

But it's all ok now, I think. I talked to my boss yesterday about it and he was nice .. said it's the cost of doing business.

I don't want DS to go back to school. He's apply for two summer thingies: one internship in another state and one summer job in another state. One thing that's surprised about me is that he can cook! He has made three dinners this week and they were yummy and well presented.

I was worried at work (he worked over the break) when he was bagging for me and he put three heavy bottles into one plastic bag for a woman. She said it probably needed double bagging and he said, "I think it's fine." I was shocked and asked him to double bag it but he did not. She winked at me. Later, he told me that she had made a rude comment to him that I didn't hear .. one of those condescending comments that adults feel they can make to kids and that customers feel they can make to hourly paid people. So at least I know there was a motive.

Baby Vincent sounds wonderful and cuddly.

I am getting my hair dyed gray.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, cold! It was -2 F when we drove into town today; I think it's up to 10F right now. Not sure what 18 deg F is in C, but 32F=0C.

Good 4 U getting on full time, Cowpeach. I love how it's always the checker's fault, right? If someone falls down in the parking lot, it's still your fault, eh?

Gotta go up to friends' cottage to make dinner for them. DD and BF are going to try making sushi (I gave them a kit for Christmas) and we are also having shrimp, salmon, and steak tips (Guess who planned this? DH )

Later
Kiwi
Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

HI THERE PERFECT BABES! I followed a nearly perfect diet the past 2 days. 3 servings of floor sweepings, 4 servings of air, and 14 tons of snow! Mmmm.

Seriously, I'm still using Fitday (yeah, after 2 whole days! Don't I have a long attention span? note that I am surprised that I am still doing it); it's quite easy. And with dialup, it takes forever to enter stuff in, so I don't have time to snack. Whatever will I do with all that Christmas candy

The sushi feast was great fun -- my friend and I sat at her kitchen island enjoying a beverage while DD and BF played Japanese chefs. The (old) guys lounged on the couch talking plows... The sushi came out gorgeous and was truly delicious!! I've never been a big fan of sushi, but it helped knowing just what was going into it, and we all totally enjoyed it. Then we played pool for a while and finally grilled the salmon and steak tips and feasted some more. Incredibly, I didn't overeat. I may have had a little more than my share of Southern Comfort, but hey, life is short.

Isn't this nauseating, me talking about diets? I'm not even addressing weight at all. I am solely motivated by the whole cholesterol thing (at least I'm trying to be), which I figure I will nip in the bud by the time of my next appointment in 6 weeks. That is if I don't give it all up in boredom or frustration. But you're not going to let me do that, are you????

Ladidah.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i totally support kiwi's new diet regime-the fact that she has behaved for {2} DAYS at a time is laudable and noteworthy-----so far,she has the best habits of the herd. Now i have to go eat some chicken bone bark===it's white chocolate with crushed chicken bones in it.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

Bagz's local cuisine is amazing. I don't have chicken bone bark. How dull it is here.

Kiwi may have started good habits but I have made my own change. I went to the beauty shop to have the grey streaks put in my hair. I have been dying my hair and she said to make it lighter and lighter as that would blend better. The streaks in the dyed hair looked interesting. I was happy. It looked weird though but I'm ready for weird. But then she put something on all the hair and it "toned down" the dyed hair and now it's all kind of light brassy colored except the roots. The roots are left alone so they can grow out. They are dark. I am confused about all this. But I look brand new and sparkly.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Brand new and Sparkly!! i love it!~!---brand new sparkling cows!! what a lovely idea!!!---i am at work---NO ONE IS HERE,well,i lie---all the people who like to have 'breakfast at the city market' are here ---drinking coffee,eating bagels and Dave's famous Blueberry Pancakes and cinnamon buns!!! except for me,i am here in my shop,typing.Two weeks ago in this shop,i could not stop to go to the pissatorium.oh well, i knew this was coming----dd and i are changing all our prices to 'tax included'=----that way when the Boat people arrive at the end of may { til the end of october} they won't start wailing at me----" MY LAWD CHILE,THAT TAX IS AWFUL HIGH AROUND HE-AH!!!!" ----OKAY,I NEED TO LOOOSE TEN POUNDS FOR SURE CAUSE ALL ME PANTS ARE SINGIN ON ME----I THINK I MAY HAVE TO START BY LOOSING THE CHICKEN BONE BARK!!!
Closed Thread