South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Jan 2nd, chick chat

Morning chicks, the coffee pot and the tea pot are ready. Come have a cup and tell us whats on your todo list for the day. I am going to pour my tea be right back.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Wishes

Ok, here we go! The holidays are behind us, and it's time to get our behinds in shape, no more excuses! I have my meals all planned out for the next few days and will not stray. I put on some weight over the holidays and don't like the way I feel at all.

The girls are being dropped off here later this morning since Cindy is headed in my direction. In the meantime, I have sheets in the washer and need to do a bit of vacuuming. I didn't do anything productive yesterday, so it's time to get in gear! I still have to be very careful with my ankle, so exercise is still out. I'm thinking of walking over to the post office as soon as it gets light enough, that should count!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:24 AM   #3  

Morning, LC! for a tea drinker, you make some pretty good coffee!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Cottage, I figured we would be starting the thread at the same time. lol. If you really tasted my coffee you would not say that. I am with you on the not feeling well. I have eggs boiling for deviled eggs and sausage in the oven. I have all my meals planned in my head just need to get it on paper. We got another 30 cm on snow last night you would not believe the snow in my yard. It looks so pretty right now. I will take some pics and post later on.

Me- Putting my meal plan on paper, and I need to start re organizing, I think I will start in the bed room but it will depend where or not dh goes crack filling with his buddies and how the kids are doing. I can't get anything done when he is home. Next week will be better.

Well gotta to go check my eggs, I will be back.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I have GOT to know what crack filling is! There are so many ways you could go with that one...

Sounds like you ladies are ready to attack your days! Be careful with your ankle, Linda.

I finally talked myself into logging my food into The Daily Plate for yesterday and today. It was one of my goals that I really didn't want to do. (I was scared I was just eating far too many calories and that's why I've been having these issues with massive overnight gains.) I only ate 1800-some calories yesterday, which really isn't bad considering I did have a piece of pumpkin pie in there and wasn't really concerned with trying for a lower calorie day. Today was about 1350. It's all about good choices. One step at a time.

Tom's at darts tonight (too sick to wake up before 1:00 to help me with the kids but well enough to go out and play darts...) so I'm going to catch an episode of CSI on the computer and then hit the sack. I was up early for that yoga class this morning (12* F outside at six!). It was a great class and I'm glad I went, but I've been worn out all day.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

Kara
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning all

I've made it through my first cup of coffee and am nearly human again

Task one on my list - shoveling. Blah! Sure wish I could put that on my monthly exercise tally! We've had no shortage this year. It will be nice to get out of here the end of the month, even if it's just NM and not the Caribbean

For now though, back to the real world of shoveling and work.
Everyone have a good day and stay warm!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi, I don't see why you can't put shoveling on your exercise tally. It's exercise, for crying out loud! Good luck with it. Don't get buried! When we lived in Maryland, my youngest sister lived with us for a year and she and Tom had a string of practical jokes going. During a particularly cold spell, Tom photocopied a paper she'd been working on for ages and iced it to her car windows, and then to get back at him, Emily took all of his work gear and uniform pieces and buried them in a large snowdrift! It was hilarious!

Kara
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Great Wednesday morning to ya beach babes!

Thanks for the coffee LC Just what I needed on this cold morning

Cottage you poor thing with that darn ankle

Good thinking there Kara - one step at a time

Stay warm Cyndi

Its back to work for me today and it's cold out there 35* the hi is only going to be 40*. In a way I am glad to be headed back to work it's more of a routine that way and I can make better food choices on a schedule.

Hope you all have a great morning and I'll be back to check in later

to all
Old 01-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #9  

Brrrr, GONNABE! I didn't know it got that cold in Florida! It's 31* here and climbing up to 40*, so we're having the same temps!

Kara, yeah, that "crack filling" got my imagination going, too! I think she's referring to road repair???? She'd better get back in here and clarify, don't leave it hanging like that, LOL!

Cyndi, shoveling snow definitely counts as excellent exercise! With all that snow you're being bombarded with, you'll really need that vacation in NM!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-02-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning

LC Good luck with the organizing. I can't get anything done when DF is here either.
Cottage & Gonna Stay Warm. If it's any consulation even sunny southern CA is chilly. Today the high is supposed to be 50 but it's currently 30, cloudy and windy.
Kara Have a good night.
Cyndi I agree that shoveling is totally exercising.
Me I'm back to work today too. Should be relatively quiet but only time willl tell. I woke up with a headache so I'm off to find the Exedrin. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies!! It's a cold one here too...low 20's. Tons of tourists in town for the sugar bowl who are waking up to a weather surprise this morning thinking they were coming to a "tropical" climate.

I was a bad, bad, bad girl last night. I had a little sliver of the apple tatin I made, then went back later and got a regular sized piece. shame, shame on me. Think I'm going to do a modified phase one for a few days like I did in between Christmas and New Years...or more if needed.

I had all the dishes and huge pots cleaned last night after our New Year feast when my oldest son showed up with a hungry friend....so I had to pull all the food out again to reheat it all. Seems that his friend is a bit of a "foodie" so it was fun feeding them...Of course my dishwasher decided to act up a few days ago and I am washing by hand till the new parts come in so I was once again faced with a pile of dirty dishes and pots. I told my mother that he may show up just as the new "biggest loser" started and I was right. Never fails that they show up just when there is something I want to see. I was able to see the second hour though, so didn't miss much. Watching biggest loser and cramming apple cake in my face. A disgrace I am!

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-02-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #12  

Cat! I'll admit, though, that I ate my bowl of pumpkin crisp before The Biggest Loser came on! It never fails, does it, that the phone will ring or someone will come as soon as there's a show on that I want to watch.

Thin, take care of that headache now, before it gets worse! I ignored a headache a few weeks ago, and it ended up turning into a 3 day event! Feel better soon!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

good morning to all,
It sounds like everyone has started the day already. I got my walk in, planning a shower, to the drs. for a weigh in, then out to the outlet mall with the kids. I hope everyone stays warm. I celebrate this time of year but it will get hot before we know it!!!! Have a great day and a safe one.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm late starting today and my house guest is still asleep. I plan to send Hershey up to wake him very shortly so I can get this show on the road.
I am driving him to Ottawa and am not sure if I'll have another house full of company when I get back. They may be snowed in!

It's a winter wonderland out there again as we got a good 8" to 10" of white stuff dumped on us yesterday. However, the lane has been ploughed so we'll be good to go as soon as company breakfast is over. I've already had mine - protein shake - and am going to be very careful for the rest of today. The scale visit this morning was a slight shock but not as bad as it could have been. The coconut cream pies was delicious!.

Have a lovely Wednesday, Beachies.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Cottage I didn't think it got that cold in fla. Its suppose to go down to 19 tonite

Dawn I hope you have a smooth day

Hi Cat Good luck with yourmini phase 1 clean up

Phx enjoy your day

Have a great day Ruth and be safe

So I am back at work today and so far so good. Be back to check in later
Closed Thread