Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:42 AM   #1  

Default The January Club

So, my weight has been up and down all year, but in the end, I'm ending up pretty much where I started last year, in the low-mid 180's. That's not a terrible thing. It sure beats the pants out of regaining back into the high 250's. I don't like the weight I'm at, but I'm not miserable like I used to be before, either.

But... this isn't good enough. I'm orginally from California, and moved to Missouri about 3 1/2 years ago. I've found out that I'm going back home for a wedding at the begining of June. None of my family has seen the new me! And... I want to be at/much closer to my goal weight of 140 when they do. Of course, I'll have to lose nearly 2 pounds a week, every week, over the next six months to pull this off, and I have my doubts.

So, I've decided to join the January Club. You know, the one where where people say "I'm going to get serious about my weight starting with the new year!" I've always been a little skeptical about this practice, but I'm on a goaled timeline now and have to do something! Well, not have to because my family will be delighted to see the changes in me if I stay exactly the same as I am now, but want to because I want to really knock their socks off.

Anyone else joining me this year in the January Club? If so why, and what are your goals? Or is this time of the year just pretty much like any other?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Tealeaf!

My birthday comes this time of year, and I wanted to be 140 by then--but I'm not going to make it. The reason, though, is because my daily choices haven't been the kind that will get me there.

I think it's good to have a long term goal--it gets you going the right direction. But for me, I'm going to have to stick with daily and weekly mini-goals for awhile, starting now! Just to get back on track.

So, I suppose I'm sorta in the January Club, but also, it's a time like any other--I need to walk the talk!

Jay
Old 12-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I'm in.... again... I'm deffo a january clubber type of person! jan 2nd was when I started this heffffffffffty journey. Been making bad choices the past month or so - but jan 2nd 07 I'm back on that wagon! Will also weigh and rejig my ticker to reflect so that I'm totally upfront. Hopefully I'll reach my goal by mid/late summer - I'd love to be able to get into maintenance a bit before christmas next year so I'm more 'practiced' at it ha!

Happy holidays btw
Old 12-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I'll join the January club because although i have done good most of the year of staying on plan and all...the past couple months with all the holidays, starting in October, I have seriously not be doing as good as i could have. Not that i haven't lost weight in those three months...just not 5 a month like i had been doing...more like 2 a month. I would be soooo much closer to my goal if i hadn't been slacking. So now that the holidays are over, it is time to refocus on my good habits and doing what i know works for me. Planning out my meals in advance and getting to the gym at least 3 times a week, if not four. And maybe incorporating a walk in at lunch time like i used to do.

I know that my life has changed that I am not going to make a resolution this january to lose weight and not follow thru. I have lost 60 pounds and only have maybe 15 more to go. I know if i can lose 60...then 15 should be a breeze.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #5  

Well, I decided not to wait till January and start today. I mean, right now. I've started tracking my calories again, using the food log at calorie-count.com. So far, it seems easier to use and had a better food database than fitday to me. I already know that I am able to maintain while doing the calorie counting in my head, but I _really_ have to knock off this extra 40 pounds.

I'm gonna be in wedding pictures! And who knows how long it will be before I go back home. The way I look in June is how my family is going to remember me being for a long, long time. And I want it to be the real me, the me that I know I will be. The me I am supposed to be.

If not goal, then much closer to it than I am now.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #6  
Jody -- Blue team

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'4''

Unfortunately I think I join the January club almost every year. This past year I was able to lose 30 pounds. This coming year i hope to lose 30 more so that next January I will only be in the club for support to others. I bought a new food journal and have that all ready to go. This year I WILL meet my goals.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Hi everyone .Well I am more than ready to join and stick to my plan. I want to feel better about myself . I 'm tired of letting myself be left out of things due to my weight I want to live life to the fullest I tired of being fat
Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Joliren....that is great that your dropped 30 pounds this year. I have done the same thing. I've actually been at this for 2 full years now and hoping that come spring or summer this year, that i will only be posting as a supporter and maintainer also. The first year I lost half of my original goal but gained back 7. So this year i had to re-lose that 7 plus try to get closer to my goal. If i had not gained back that 7, i would be at my first original goal. But i can't let that failure affect me...Instead, i have to view it as a success that this year, i managed to lose 34 pounds and 60 pounds all together and only have 17 more to go (hopefully).

Tealeaf...I know your family is going to be blown away when they see you. I meant to go by and see an aunt of mine that i haven't seen in about 3 years. I know she must be surprized that my mom asked her to help her pick out my christmas present outfit and my mom told her i was a size 4. Last time my aunt saw me, i was a size 16. I hope to stop by and see her sometime this week and hopefully surprize her with my new size.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'8

I'm gonna go ahead and jump in with this January club, like every year ever since junior high, lol. I , too have wedding to attend this year (I'm actually gonna be maid of honor to my very thin best friemd of 20 years) so I gotta look good.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

I have been serious all along and steadily losing. However I just found out I'm going to Las Vegas February 7th to celebrate my friends 21st!!! I'm a bit older than she is (actually I'll be turning 26 just weeks before she turns 21!), but I love her all the same!!! I would like to trim up a bit more by then by getting a bit more strict with myself! The day I found out I was going (Dec 25th, haha), I dropped to 1250 calories a day from 1500, and I'm going to exercise whether I like it or not. Until now I didn't exercise...I would go at it for a week then stop for a year, you know I have the equipment, and the means to get a gym membership and January will be my star month!!!! I was actually going to start a group myself.....glad to have come across this one!! I'm crazy serious about January

Count me IN!!

Last edited by ThePrettyOne; 12-27-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I hope to lose 174lbs in the upcoming year. I also hope to find work in the New Year. It's no fun being an unemployed college grad.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 12-27-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

OK you will all have to bear with me. I have never been on a message board before and am just learning. I read Tealeaf's post earlier and then went to her website. I was inspired. I have at least 100 pounds to lose so my journey will be long. I need all the support I can get. On Jan. 7 we are starting a "Biggest Loser" competition at work. We are doing partners, so my best friend and i are teamed up. I know she would like to lose about the same amount I do. We are definetely the biggest girls in the competition.

For Christmas I received an exercise ball, stretch bands, yoga mat and am hoping to get the new "Biggest Loser" workout book. I am really excited to get started and am hoping and praying this does not turn out like all the other times I've tried to lose weight. Last year I lost about 15 pounds and then just stalled out. I am looking for tips, advice and encouragement as I begin this life changing journey. All help is welcome. Wish me well.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

mtiger,

Jay
Old 12-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there mtiger! Welcome to 3fc.

Sounds like you're off to a great start for the New Year. With all that exercise stuff AND the Biggest Loser Club at work.

One of the many great forums here is the 100lb club, for those needing to lose 100lbs or there abouts. Here's a link to it. Come stop by.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Good luck and I hope to hear lots more from you.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/131/120

Height: 5ft

I would love to hop on with the rest of you "chicks".
I would like to hit my goal of 120 by the end of April. I am kind of waiting till 1-1 to "jumpstart" this whole healthy lifestyle.. cant wait to share our progress with each other!!
Closed Thread