Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default Lack of the "new year/new you" shows on home shopping channels - what does this mean?

So, since having kids and giving up any going out activities for New Years, I've watched the shopping channels after midnite, enjoying them bringing on Richard Simmons, or The FIRM trainers, etc., to show off their new products or equipment. I noticed QVC practically gave it up entirely last year, and now HSN really isn't doing that much this year. This could mean 2 things:

1) We all have all the equipment/tools we need, and we're all where we need to be with this getting healthy business.

2) People have given up and aren't buying anymore. We've even quit making the effort.

Seriously, it used to be like an 11 pm - 3 am blowout. Now it's rare to find something for even the first hour.

Last edited by sportmom; 12-31-2007 at 07:22 PM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 PM   #2  
it's always something

Looks like QVC starts their New You at midnight tonight and will have pilates, treadmills, and nutrisystem throughout the day tomorrow.

I expected Consumer Reports to update their fitness ratings for January, but I don't see anything
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #3  
Mel

SLEEP is good for your body Go to bed and stop watching TV at 3 am!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote