Old 01-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #1  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Is anyone else THRILLED about New Year?

I don't know what it is, but I feel like I'm going to be so successful this year...wow! I've always been the "I don't know if I can do this type", but that is sooo not my attitude right now. I have so much confidence that I'm going to lose this weight this year, and that I'll do great in my classes...also that I will get my finances under control and have my own house soon.

It feels..WONDERFUL!

Happy New Year, everyone!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I am, too. For some reason, I feel like something amazing, other than the weight loss, is going to happen, like one of my dreams come true. I feel like something phenomenal is right around the corner. I feel so weird. I can't name it or explain it but I am pumped. I even started writing down my exercise schedule for the new year. ^_^ Maybe for the first time I feel like my bad habits are about to be whipped. I've never believed in resolutions but I kinda set some cause I know I can do them now.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

If you look for the bad you will find it. If you look for the good you will find it. I know next year is going to be even better for me than this year has been. I can't wait.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:19 AM   #4  
I shall be released...

I'm scared. Around fall, my diet fell apart. I had lost 50 pounds, and I know I've gained a ton back. (the 275 on my ticker is a guess, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow)

I'm sick of failing though, I can't wait to get back on track. I've seen before that I can do it.

Best of luck in 2008 to you all!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Yes! I'm feeling like 2008 is going to be a fantastic year. I have faith that it will be. I hope everyone meets their goals and then some. I'm determined to recover my will power this year. I've been missing it for a few months.
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 AM   #6  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

The holidays really do have a way of catching up with you. The funny thing is that I did so great on thanksgiving that I let my guard down for December and I'm back up 3lbs. Of course, it could have been worse and in reality, I've lost around 30lbs (since August) and in most years I gained 10, so even if I could manage to walk out of 2008 with 30 to 60lbs gone I'm still doing something amazing for myself. I need to stay motivated and get back into my routine. I don't really care to much for the "new year" -- but there is one thing for certain, the parties are stopping, so I can resume my regular eating habits and get back into a SCHEDULE, including exercise. So I say to 2008: bring it ON baby!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Yes, 2008 is going to be a great year! For my weight loss goals, it just feels 'different' this time around. I had lost a lot of weight previously, then slowly stopped doing what I knew I needed to do and of course the weight started coming back on. Not all of it, but a lot of it. Now that it is coming off again, it feels SO good! I am back to enjoying my workouts--ok, so some days I still have to drag myself to the gym, but that's ok, I get there!

I just know this year is going to be filled with good things!!! I can't wait to see what they are going to be!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm another one that thinks 2008 will be great!

My weight is up after being sick for the last couple of weeks, having Christmas and two parties, which had me eating way to much. I'm currently up 5 lbs but I'm back on plan and I know it will come off.

I love going to the gym now. Wow!! I love to eat healthy foods. I want to be a goal by the end of summer and I know I can do it this time. I have no reason not to and every reason I can do this and all the support I could ever want.

I will be graduating college this summer and in April I'm getting my first job. I haven't done any kind of work other than child care in over 20 years and I'm a bit scared, but I'm also full of confidence. I'm a 4.0 student at 41 and that has helped me a lot to believe in myself.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #9  

mj5
I know what you mean, I also feel like this time is different and I have no fear of failing.

I'm freakin' pumped up about this year because this is the year I'll reach my goal. I hope to do it by my birthday but whatever. I'm excited for other reasons like starting a new business, and my partner and I are trying to adopt. So this year holds so much promise that I'm bursting with excitement!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, Cassie...I am feeling extremely optimistic about meeting my weight loss and fitness goals this year! This time last year, I was just getting started and didn't know exactly what plan would work for me and how I was going to lose the weight. I had failed at so many weight loss attempts that I seriously doubted I could do this. Now, I know what plan works for me...Southbeach combined with calorie counting...and tons of walking. I simply have to pick up where I left off a couple of weeks ago. I lost 30 pounds last year, so I now know that I can lose weight and keep it off! This is so very huge for me and so very exciting!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #11  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Cassie--I just echo what you and others have said. I know this is my year. I know how to lose wt. I have gained and lost alot of weight over my lifetime. I will lose it this year and I will maintain my weight loss too.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/223/150

Height: 5'3"

Red face I just started,never beleived in resolutions, but now will

Hi, I am just starting all of this stuff, been a subscriber to ***********, but they keep on sending me junk, I read as I go along. I am going to get my life organized, and I think by doing that I will be a lot happier to lose weight. Happiness is key. I am throwing out the clutter, shich is a constant reminder of the work I have to do. And to de-stress. Make myself a priority. Number one key in this whole thing.
sgs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I'm looking to 2008 with a lot of optimism. I'm also a little scared because there are other big, non-weight related changes that are going to happen. I'm determined that no matter what life throws my way, I'm going to stick to my plan of losing weight and gaining health. Last year at this time I didn't know I could do it. This year I know differently.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #14  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

I lost weight last year, but tomorrow i am moving back into my own home, and started today back on the diet, will pick up some vitamins and stuff tomorrow 2008 is my year!!!!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I feel different about 2008, too. This time I have so many more tools then I've ever had before. I swear - "It takes a village" to aid in my weight loss. But, this time I am willing to reach out in so many directions - internet support sites, a health center with a warm water (92 degrees) pool so I can get movement into my plan, my hubby is supportive, I have a new way of doing it (writing down everything I eat), meditation daily, I am joining a six week support group at the health center and anything else it takes. I have new incentives too - a first grandchild, health problems that could be help with weight loss.

Finally - I have a new willingness to try that I haven't had in a long long time. That's a big difference for me.

I get nervous about wishing and hoping and feeling optimistic - I really can only take it a day at a time.

Like I say in my signature - I don't think I can ever lose one hundred pounds - but, just maybe this time - I can lose 5 pounds twenty times.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote