Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #34

to Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Last few post from the #33 thread! Hope that helps.....

Sue -

Susan- I simply cook a couple chicken breasts with onion and garlic, dice them up, add frozen mixed veggies. Meanwhile cook a large potato and some celery. Throw all that together. Make a gravy from chicken broth. I pre bake the bottom crust until about 1/2 done. Fill it with all the veggies and gravy, add a top crust and bake until nice and brown. Everything should be cooked crisp tender before you throw it together in the crust. I bake at 425 and it takes maybe 25 minutes to brown. Let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes before cutting. You can throw in spices to your taste. You can also omit the potato and add rice, or no starch at all. Play with the veggies that you like and get rid of the ones you detest. LOL... I actually never measure anything when I cook..so I can't say a cup of this or that. Sorry. (now if I bake from a recipe I do measure)
It was very good....

Sassy -

Hey all.

Hope your all well. I had my review at work today, it was ok, getting a raise, nothing to get excited about, but better than nothing. I asked my boss about Christmas Eve & Christmas. Christmas Eve I have to work my normally scheduled shift even though my co-worker who works nights opposite me said she'd work it. So I am having her send him an email stating she can work it. I am off Christmas. So if I have to work Christmas Eve then I may ask for the day after Christmas off, all he can say is no. Oh yeah and he informs me I am working New Years Day, my normally scheduled shift. So nice that I get screwed with the holidays. Guess I am lucky to have Christmas off.

Thats about it. Been really cold here. DH could not get our car started this morning when he got off from work. It was -11 with the windchill. It finally did start, we went ahead and made an appt to get it serviced. Its due for its oil change anyhow.

Hope your all keeping warm.

Mindee -

hello everyone! how are you all doing?

Jules~ I had started a call log once Tommy hung up with her and told me that she will probably be calling on Tuesday. I didn't think to write down the conversations, but I just did. So, I am ready for her to bring it on.....which I am sure that she will. Tommy is thinking that this lady thinks that Tommy is younger then he looks and that she can just bully him/us around. You know how most people that get into accidents, especially accidents with this much magnitude, that they would get out and check the people in the other car to see if they were okay, right? Not this lady, AFTER she hit us, she continued down the turn lane AND then stopped! Not once did she get out of the car to see if we were okay once we pulled into the parking lot.

SuzyQ~ Yup, that is how you write it! She is already a pain in the arse and the accident just happened a couple of days ago!

Sue~ That sounds like it is really good! I just might have to try it!

Sassy~ That stinks about having to work on Christmas Eve, and New Year's Day! But like you said, at least you did get Christmas Day off.

Katy

Good morning!

Well, the sore throat did turn into a yucky cold. I've been a joy to be around, I tell you! Today will be another day of lots of tea and tissues I'm afraid. Fortunately, there isn't much on the agenda. I mucked up some of the Christmas knitting, then decided I was pretty much done with Christmas knitting, lol! I did pretty well.. will be gifting two pairs of socks, a hat, a pair of mittens and some wine cozies. I did not tackle sweaters this year, thank goodness. Since I'm sick and not too active today, I may cast on and get started on some felted clogs---see how far I get.

Mindee - get a lawyer! At least talk to one...many work on a contingency which means they get paid out of a settlement. You should not be talking to this lady, imo...everyone still feeling ok?

Susan- yay for the almost-pound. I maintained for another week. I was down a pound today, but then again I'm sick and not eating as much.

Jules - love your avatar...you have such a pretty smile. I saw your pics over on myspace; looked like you had a pretty great birthday...

Cristina - Hi! Are you out walking 4 miles in the snow? Hope you are having a good day.

Sassy- Congrats on the good review and the raise! I'm glad you got Christmas off. When I worked in retail...I had to work them all at one time or another. In the video business, seems like people wanted to rent movies every day. I think we had Christmas off, but that was it. If I had to choose NY or Xmas, I would take Xmas...

Sue - the pot pie sounds delicious..I'll have to give it a try with some leftovers one night. I think if I go easy on the gravy, DH might eat it. He's not a big fan of sauces or gravies. I cook like you do, I tend to throw things together. Everyone in my family has such specific likes and dislikes, I often have to improvise to get something we'll all eat.

HI to everyone I may have missed...hope everyone has a great day...I'm off to go blow my nose...
Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I am on the run! Just wanted to say good morning.

Sue- I will agree ...the pot pie sounds yummy! I will have to print off and read it more.lol I am a pretty good cook, I think I can figure it out

Sassy - Congrats sweetie!!

Mindee - I am with Katy. Don't talk to the lady beyond giving her the insurance info....and Itrust she gave you hers?? hugs

Katy - Ick, sorry you aren't feeling well. You should take it super easy before the kids start their vacation, after that it will be extra hard when they are in the house. Words of wisedom from a fellow mommy What do you think of Little League?? Sign up is 1/1 - a flyer went out yesterday at school. I am going to look into it for Gab.

Cristina.......how is your day going?? Is Josh home already?? I thought you said for New Years?? Hugs to you too!!

Michelle and Anita,...come and chat with us!!

Heading to the mall while Gab is in school. I was able to get some good deals on shirts for her the other day so thought I would go back and pick up a few more. They were marked from $28 down to $12, so thought that was a good deal!

chat later!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Wow, you all. Way too quite here on the site!

I manged to walk my sorry butt 2 miles today! yay me. I made some chicken soup, I didn't count the calories but I am sure not much at all. It is all gone, the girls and I gobbled it up! Maybe tomorrow I will make potato soup.

Going to get my Gaby to bed. Just wanted to check in and say good night!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Tommy got a copy of the police report on Tuesday. NO WHERE on it, does it say that we hit her, like she claimed on the phone Monday night. It doesn’t even say that she hit us, it says that we pulled out in front of her! (Needless to say, she convinced the police officer on the scene that what she said was what happened)

Last time I checked, didn’t the police officer have to ask every one (that can talk) what happened in the case of an accident? If that is the case, which I am sure that it is, then he didn’t do his job! He never asked me what happened, all he asked me was for my information to put into the report since I was in the front seat of the vehicle at the time of the accident. And if he had, then he would have given her the citation instead of Tommy! He even has our insurance company name on the report wrong!! If you look at the drawing that he did on the report, it clearly shows that she was in the wrong and that she hit us!

Katy~ You sound like me! I started with a scratchy throat, and now it is a cold. My voice comes and goes when it pleases, so it is fun when Tommy is at work and I have to yell at the kids! Tommy mentioned talking to a lawyer, so I will bring it up to him again. She hasn’t called since Monday night, but that’s not to say that she won’t call again. Tommy already told me that if she calls again, he isn’t going to talk to her. He is going to let her talk to the voicemail. We are all doing okay. Brandon will still say “mom…..BOOM” every now and then when he sees the pictures of the van or he sees Tommy pull up.

SuzyQ~ She never gave us her insurance information. She gave it to the police officer. She claims that she called our insurance company and they told her that she needed some kind of number, which we don’t have in front of us because of the mistake on the slip. When Tommy called the police station, the officer that answered the phone told him that we did not have to give her the information since it is all on the police report! Which, she lied about! She told Tommy on the phone Monday night that the police report said that he hit her, when the police report doesn’t say that! It states that he pulled out and she “slid” and hit us. The police officer drew a diagram on the police report and from the diagram, you can tell that she hit us! Thanks for the hugs, we really need them! Tommy told me Tuesday night, that he already foresees this being a looooooong road ahead of us with her.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:29 AM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey All.

Sooooooo tired. Only 3 and 1/2 hours to go! lol. I had something really good for lunch lastnight/thismorning whatever. It was a BBQ beef hot pocket, you know like BBQ pulled pork inside a hot pocket? OMG it was so yummy. I know it was bad. but it was sooooo good! lol. I have been drinking H20 all night though, no $$ for pop......So that should balance everything out, right?? lol.

Take Care.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-19-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...Josh got home Sunday. His GF picked him up from the airport because we had Jason's Bachelors ceremony to go to at 2. Then they came over for some pizza and cake...of course Josh was so tired they didn't stay for cake. Jason met up with a friend and didn't come home right after, the turd. But it was his day so we excused it this once, lol. That cermony was soooo freakin long and boring! They decided to throw in all the degrees for that day and there were a lot getting their Masters. But yeah, Josh is home until Jan 2nd. Yay for good deals on clothes for Gaby!

WTG on the walk missy, and the loss! Good job for sure!

JULES...I LOVE your avatar and yes, you have such a pretty smile! I see where Teri & Ryan get their good looks!

SUE...your chicken pot pie sounds good! I made one a while back and it actually turned out good. I found a recipe that used cream of chicken soup but the rest was basically like yours. Sounds like a good dinner one day for sure. I absolutely love chicken pot pie, and turkey and beef as well.

MINDEE...I would definitely get a lawyer and tell the lady that. Looks like you may be in for a lawsuit by her...what a pain. I hope not though but I am not sure that is why she is wanting your info now, just curious why she didn't request it at the time of the accident. You know, it brings back Jason's accident a few years ago and though it was clear that the guy hit Jason, and totaled his car by the way...they said he too pulled out in front of this kid and was ticketed. What happened is he pulled out of a Walgreens parking lot and the entrance/exit is close to a light...this kid came around the corner fast and Jason said he even sped up once he turned and ran right into Jason. But yeah, Jason was out a car because it was an older car and he just had what he needed for insurance which is basically to cover other people...so yeah, it totally sucked.

HIYA SASSY...-11, YIKES! And I thought it was cold here! YAY for the raise and getting off for Christmas!

KATY...sorry you are sick again. Hope it;s not too bad and you are better in time for Christmas!

I just got back from the doc. Had to have a lesion/mole cut off...well, I didn't have to but I didn't like it and it was growing so...now I have three stitches and it is throbbing! It's on my forehead by the hairline so no problem and I wear bangs so. I would rather have a tiny scar than that thing that was growing.

Exercise is good, eating...not so good. Me, V & DD went out to dinner Monday, and are going out tonight as well. Going to meet Josh and his GF for dinner at my fav-Olive Garden. Of course not counting the pizza and cake on sunday...it's a miracle I didn't gain more. I gained almost a pound, which I was disappointed but...with the way I have been eating it's very understandable-duh. I do plan on getting back on track tomorrow and for sure the day after Christmas. What's going to be hard is V will be home for 2 weeks starting Friday. We tend to run around a lot which means eating out, ugh...will just have to make better choices.

I ordered the Turbo Jam Maximum results package a few days ago...a Christmas present to myself and am very excited about getting that. Just received an e-mail and it was shipped yesterday yay! I never in my life thought I would ever be excited about exercising, but I am!

So...is everyone ready for Christmas? For once I am. Josh and his GF and kids are coming over and spending most of the day so I am happy about that.

Anyway...have a good day ladies!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Has anyone noticed the 5 stars, again? I mean...we all are stars of course, but what's with the stars-really? Seems very elementary, but then again we are Back In Kindergarten Okay, was just wondering if anyone else noticed that. Off to exercise...

Have a GREAT day stars!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-19-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

On the fly.

Cristina - When you were saying Bachelor ceremony I was thinking he was getting married. Why were you (the mother) going to a bachelor party. Duh! So, it is like a school thing, right? lol Good to have you back, missed you! Yay.....on Olive Garden....we can hope it will become the GF's fave place too! Forget that counrty Italian stuff - lol

Mindee- The car accident is way stressful, I feel stress just in reading it. lol I guess my advice is to work close with your own insurance company. Certainly they will help you work through everything. They are the last ones that want to have a big settlement on damages and such.

Sassy- hmmm, sounds yummy! I love shredded beef. We are bad.......water will balance you!! That sounds right. lol

Yikes..........better get. Rach is home, she refused to go to school and said she needed a break from her mother and father. I said *boo hoo*.....anyway - the anxiety with her is too much. I take everything to heart.

ta ta....
Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hello Susan...back for a few minutes while I take a break in between working out. Ha, don't want it to be the GF favortie place...besides she already voiced her opinion of OG...whatever! Yeah, Jason got his Bachelors Degree in Business and Spanish...I couldn't handle any kind of wedding right now, ugh! Anywho...better get back to walking in a few minutes...gotta jump in the shower by 2:30 and try to not get my stitches wet...strict orders from the doc...don't shower for at least 24 hours, yeah right, lol. I'll figure out some way of not getting the stitches wet.

Good day ladies!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
Has anyone noticed the 5 stars, again? I mean...we all are stars of course, but what's with the stars-really? Seems very elementary, but then again we are Back In Kindergarten Okay, was just wondering if anyone else noticed that. Off to exercise...

Have a GREAT day stars!

Cause we are SPECIAL!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Mindee--hugs to you--is the lady still bothering you? Have you talked to your insurance company and told them your side of what happenned? Is there anything they think they can do to help??I hope it all works out ok!!

Cristina--they are putting an OG in at the mall in the town I work and the kids live. Was hoping to get my birthday dinner there, but it's not going to open to mid jan....sigh.....

SuzyQ--hugs to you missy--teenagers...do we gotta love them?????

Sue--your chicken potpie doe sound good. My dad used to make a really good slipperry pot pie...i should get the recipie...

Katy--I am still listenning to the songs they downloaded for me...We all go to lunch on Friday for Mom's 75th.

Sassy--hugs to you sleepyhead!!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Girls

Hi all.

Well I feel mucho better today! I got my sleep that I so desperately needed and I have my friend Caffine here today. lol.

I am getting excited, even though I am not off on Christmas Eve (so far anyways) I plan on enjoying Christmas the best I can. No since being a "Gloomy Gus or in my case a "Sad Sassy" for things beyond my control. May as well make the best out of it.

Suzy Q - Well tonight I have my pop back. But one pop can last me all night long -- that is 13 hours while I work, so not too bad I guess!! lol. Oh the joys of being a teenager again. lol. Big

Cristina -- Yeah it was cold here. Today though it was in the 40's or something. I had DH get some plastic for the big drafty living room window and boy has it made a difference!! Its been warm as toast in the apt now without any heat!! Glad your got your mole/lesion cut off. Those things are nothing to mess with that is for sure.

Your not alone in the eating dept. lol. Tonight was "Pizza Night" here at work. I paid back my co-worker for buying pizza last week, which I only had 3 pieces of and probably will only have that many tonight!! lol. What is the Turbo Jam? Never heard of it. I hope you get the results you want from it!!!

We got stars because we are ALL stars!! lol.

Mindee -- When I had my accident, I got screwed in the deal. The other guy's insurance adjustor came to my house and offered me a settlement and I took it like a dummy because I was well young and stupid. So definitely let your insurance agent do the work or contact a lawyer. Better to be safe than sorry!!

Hey Jules -- Get some rest hon and take care of yourself -- pretty soon your gonna be busy being a new Grandma!

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-19-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 AM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, we haven't gotten any more calls from the lady. So, hopefully Monday night was the last that we have heard from her. I posted what happened on another board, and one of the girls told me that the police officer was suppose to ask me what happened since I was in the vehicle, and she told me to call the police department to make sure. If what she said is true, then this just might, I hope it will, get all switched over onto her since it was her fault to begin with!

Well, the boys seems to have caught what I still have. They have been blowing snot bubbles at me since they got up at 5:30 Wednesday morning! Marissa started with it on Wednesday night. I have to get some infant tylenol for her, but the boys have been on medicine since Wednesday morning. I also think that Marissa is finally going to be cutting some teeth! She just woke up crying, so I thought it was because the music stopped playing on the DVD player. Nope, it wasn't that! So, I put some Oragel on her gums and put her pacifier in her mouth and she is quiet and falling asleep again! I also made some peanut butter cookies. I am going to be making some chocolate chip and sugar cookies within the next couple of days for the kids' godparents.

Sassy~ I love the pepperoni pizza hot pockets. But haven't had them in a long time. YAY on the raise!

Cristina~ That sounds like us! We still haven't heard any thing more from the lady, and we hope that we don't! I forgot to mention to Tommy about consulting a lawyer, as far as what we should do.

We are as ready as we can be for Christmas! We just have to pick up some blank cd's to put pictures of the kids on for the godparents...unless we just get them ornaments like we had thought about doing. But more then likely it will probably cd's with the kids' pictures on them.

SuzyQ~ It is extremely stressful! I was surprised to see that AF graced me with her presences! But I figured that she didn't want me to have the added stress of wondering if we were adding another little one to the family. We are keeping in touch with our insurance agency closely.

Jules~ How is Teri doing? Has that little man made his appearance yet? Nope, she hasn't called since Monday night. I am leaving the insurance company up to Tommy since it is in his name. He just went into the office on Tuesday night, and I am not sure how that went. Good, from what I gather.

Sassy~ Tommy has said that he thinks the lady thinks that he (well, us) is younger then she thinks he is. She has another thing coming if she takes us to court. I will make sure that we have a sitter that day so I will be there. Although, I don't really see her taking us to court since she didn't get a ticket or anything out of the deal. HAD she have gotten the ticket instead of Tommy, like she should have, then I am sure that she would make a court date for us and her. But honestly, and this could be wishful thinking, I really don't see her taking us to court. (if she does though, we have a folder going already of every thing that we need, minus the pictures but that won't take that long to get them done!)
Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MINDEE...sorry you and the kiddoes are sick...I remember all too well the snot bubbles, ick! Lol Glad the lady isn't bothering you anymore.

JULES...I LOVE Olive Garden! We don't go often so it's aways a treat and tastes even better. It was good last night too and we had a nice time. Getting closer to being a grandma!

SUSAN...like Jules said...do we have to love them?! Lol Of course we do, maybe...It will get better although, there will be different stresses, for me anyway.

SASSY...glad you are feeling chipper! I love pizza but for some reason never cared for the hot pockets...of course there's a lot of the frozen foods I am not a fan of. Too many calories and fat. Trubo jam is exercise...a bunch of dvd's to work out to. Even bought me a jump rope this morning. I had one but can't find it. IT's good exercise too!

Hiya KATY, SUE, KATHY

And yes Jules we ARE SPECIAL ladies for sure!

Nothing much going on today. I did a workout before heading out to Wal-Mart to do my grocery shopping. I think I got everything needed for Christmas dinner. If not V can go to the store Monday, that's when we have our dinner. Plus Josh's GF will go to her mothers on Christmas day so it works out perfect. They don't have to have two dinners in one day. Anyway, gotta get some laundry done and call the vet. Going to see if I can get some doggy sedatives or something for Ernie dog Monday...seems mean but I would rather him be lazy/sleepy than locking him up in a room for a day to bark. He will bark the whole time. So going to see if I can get something to calm him down, nervous little dog.

Take care ladies and have a great day!
Closed Thread