Old 12-31-2007, 06:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Dec 31-Jan 6 Losers and Friends Thread

New Year - New You. Actually new us. We are in this together. Let's get going on our promise to ourselves. Kick it in gear!!!!
Time to put 2007 behind us.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Well said, Lynn!!

I, for one, am not going to let the trevails of this past holiday weigh me down (get it? Weigh me down? I crack myself up!)....

Now that the holidays are behind us except for tonight, I would imagine, there's no excuse for having "holiday goodies" in the house, unless they're plan approved. Got some yummo-leftovers in the fridge? Get 'em gone... Otherwise there's just too much temptation...

Here's a one-day challenge.. Don't blow it tonight if you happen to be out ringing in the new year! Think how good you'll feel after resisting the temptations!!

Have a great day, all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:36 AM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I've been away so long I posted on last week's thread...oh well....the power of cut and paste:

Dan, Yep...I think you're ready for some prime time comedy show! I, for one, would tune in!

In addition to you being the salt king, I always think of you when I see a breakfast burrito....do you have this recipe from Hungry Girl and do you think one could make these up ahead of time (w/o the salsa) and freeze them and nuke them in the morning?

BUENO BREAKFAST BURRITO
You can whip up this tortilla treat in a flash!

-1/3 cup Southwestern egg beaters
-1 slice Fat Free Kraft Singles
-1 Tbsp. salsa
-1 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortilla
-1 tsp. Bacos (I'd rather use some boca crumbles??)

Spray pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray and scramble the egg beaters and bacos. When almost finished, tear the slice of cheese into pieces and mix them into the eggs. Place mixture into warmed tortilla and add salsa before folding it up. You can add a few sliced black olives or a dollop of low fat sour cream on top if you'd like. Makes 1 burrito with approximately 140 calories, 3g of fat, 15 carbs, 8g of fiber, and 20g of protein. (2 points)

Amylou.....glad you found a little humor in my hi/bye....I wasn't sure what else to say to Julz since it seems like everyone else covered it and she hasn't surfaced. Her loss.

Felicia - get up already! You've been sleeping for over four hours.

Tuesday - welcome home. I love Maui and cannot wait to return someday (hate the flight over there though!).

Gotta go prep for a secret thing (you never know who is reading this site). I'll fill you all in when all is said and done.

Nicole - come out come out wherever you are!

Lynn - Happy New Year to you too. You are doing great with your weight loss numer - You and Dan sure make this all look easy!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

I love that breakfast burrito recipe!! I'll give it a shot.. Not sure about the bacos, though...

I think I might prefer using Jenny O extra lean turkey bacon.. 95% fat free and only 20 mgs more sodium than the bacos... For me, it's a consistancy thing.. I like or don't like a lot of foods based on the way they feel in my mouth.. I know that sounds weird, but it's just the way I am..

Hey gang.. What are some of your non-weight related resolutions for 2008?

Mine is to listen more and talk less!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #5  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Good Morning everyone

Michie- I, for one, am definately more intested in the sizes lost than the pounds!

Rose- As graphic and horrible as the information in Skinny B*tch was.. was it easy for you to give up eating meat? I think the dairy would be easier for me than the meat(and really only chicken and fish).

Stacy- I was also thinking about doing a TO after the first. What version do you do?

Joni- If you're ever in doubt of just how bad the things we put into our body are, this would be the book for you. It definately doesn't "sugar-coat" anything!

Tues- Where did you stay in Maui? Was this your first trip? We went snorkeling while we were in Maui... I bought one of those disposable underwater cameras, and have some of the most amazing pictures!

Angie- Welcome Back!

Dan- Nice motivational speech! I know I am one that definately needs to get my butt in gear!

Joni- You're right.. the flight to Maui is awful!!

I am waiting until after the first to go to COD, and I think I have decided that trip will just be to pick up my remaining bars. I feel sure that with the help of you all I will be just as well, or better, off than with the info from COD anyway. I do need to purchase a reliable scale though.

I don't have any big plans for tonight.. I have to work all day today so I'm really not going to feel like doing much of anything. Probably just dinner and maybe a movie with DBf, and then it's home for us.. Hope everyone that is planning a big night out has a great time! ..And Be Careful!!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #6  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Dan- We were posting at the same time.. My New Year's Resolution, other than the diet thing, would be to get my butt in gear with the school thing.. I will be starting for my Bachelor's in the next couple of weeks and would like to be able, after the first semester, take more than the minimum 4 classes that I've been taking. It will be difficult, but I just don't seem to have had my head in the books as much the last semester or so as I used to.

Also, to get DBf and my finances in order enough for us to get our own place.. I'm just not crazy about spending so much a month on renting.
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Sounds like a plan Emily.. I have some financial opinions about non-married couples buying a home together, but perhaps that would be better suited for a forum about investments.

Good luck with the schooling.. I don't know how people who aren't in school full time do it with all of the "real life" stuff going on... I "graduated" needing one class that wasn't offered my last semester in school. I tried to take a coorespondence course to wrap it up, but with working a full time job, I blew it off.. I finally got the credit simply by testing out of it thanks to a history professor who was sympathetic to my needs...
Old 12-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Lynn,Dan, Emily, Joni-I'm with ya! Time to "renew" my weight loss goal with the new year! I'm NOT going overboard tonight. And it's going to feel great!

Emily-I also need to get refocused on school and career planning. I'd love to have a job lined up for when I graduate in May. I also have the same hesitatioons Dan mentioned about non marrieds investing in property. My dbf owns his home, so I "rent" from him, with the hopes that we'll get married one day....but I totally understand how annoying it can be to spend the bulk of your money paying rent!
What is the name of the book you are reccommending?? I haven't gone back to look it up in the threads....

Felicia-hope the kids are letting you and DH sleep in a bit!

It's so nice to have a day off today with no company here! We got new front loader washer/dryer....so I'm actually having fun doing laundry all day!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:22 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

I get a half day off today, but I was getting cabin fever at home, so I'm glad for some quality time here at the office.. There are only 5 of us here today counting myself.. Nice atmosphere to get some work done.. Speaking of which, I'll talk to y'all later.. .
Old 12-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #10  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Hello all! Hope everyone is having the most amazing morning possible! I am on my way to the gym while DBF works for a few hours... then to the COD for my final weigh in of the year! I am so excited for a new year and a new way of life. (even though i started a month early..)

I don't know what I'm doing tonight, but whatever it is i will be wearing my pretty smaller dress and taking LOTS of pictures! I will definitely be making one my avatar...

In response to your question Dan, my non weight related resolution is to stop spending so much money and start saving! I have this terrible addiction to MUSICALS and anytime one comes into town i HAVE to see it! I don't crave cookies and brownies... oh no! i crave musicals! And like you Emily... me and my DBF would like to save for our future. Maybe marriage in the new year????

To everyone else, i have a terrible time remembering who to say things to! But hello and I hope you are doing great!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:04 PM   #11  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi EVERYONE! Hope you all had a good holiday, I definately agree with all of you, tomorrow is a new year! And a new begining! I am soo excited! I want to thank all of you again for your support! And for those of you who aren't maintaining or even those who are I guess Kimberly and I and the others on the the New years challange decided next up is the Valentines day Challenge! So get ready! I had such a good Birthday present when I got to work today! One of my co-workers does LA too. She gave me a bottle of Take off! That was sooo nice! Hope you all have a great New Year!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #12  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Dan - I like the Jenno O turkey bacon idea. I haven't ventured and tried turkey bacon, but new year, new things! I don't like your "listen more/talk less" resolution -- at least not on this forum. You are the main one keeping most of us accountable these days....So, I say type more!

Michie - you, too, cannot give up on going to musicals....I love musicals and think of all the joy they give you. Maybe you can figure out a way to see them at a better cost (2 for 1 tix on odd nights are popular here in Atlanta). I love the arts and am fearful they won't be around in generations to come due to the cost. How sad would that be.

Cecil - Happy birthday to you!!! What a nice gift from your co-worker. Sure beats the petit fours my sister sent me for my birthday (which, by the way, those are going with me tonight to be eaten by the neighbors kids!). Like Dan says, if it's not in the house, it won't go in me.

Amylou - the book we are talking about is Skinny B**ch. Google it. It apparently got pretty popular after Victoria Bechman was shot carrying a copy around. I'll try and order it from the library. First, I have to read my latest purchase - Dr. Oz book YOU: Staying Young (good read for someone like me who just turned 50).

Gotta run. Happy New Year everyone. Be safe!

Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Hello-All! Here once again since I'm finally committed and wouldn't you know it-PURE had to close and leave us all high and dry? On my second day of take-off- 194.4- down 3.6
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #14  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

Well, I've just about got my head back on track, as far as my food choices. I did eat a couple of "last meal" type things this weekend, but now the urge is out of my system and I'm ready to get healthy.

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I am going to try one. My goal is to be more time conscious. I need to make myself a morning person. This may be impossible, but I am way too lazy in the mornings. I drag in to work at the last possible moment, which of course means I have to stay late. An earlier start would make for a more relaxed evening at home.

We don't have any big plans for tonight, so being good won't be too hard. I don't like champane, but I may have a glass of wine.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #15  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey, guys! Actually the kids did let us sleep. We were all sleeping soundly at around 8:30 when my mom called and woke me up. I got up and the kids soon followed suit. Christopher requested biscuits with honey for breakfast and Elizabeth requested her daily usual: grits and an orange. I don't know why, but that's what she wants every day - at least right now!

At around 9:15, DH was reading the paper in his boxers, I was flitting around the kitchen in my nightgown, Elizabeth was still eating, and Christopher was lying on the floor watching t.v. Suddenly, DH said, "Oh, crap! The painters are here!" Painters?? What painters? Sure enough, there was the painting crew that we've been expecting for the past two months to come and touch up the last few little places in the house. Nobody had called to let us know they were coming. The house looked like Santa Claus had just thrown up everywhere - toys, books, etc. ALL over the floor. We took down decorations yesterday, but the kids had strewn their Christmas gifts EVERYWHERE!! In fact, just before the painters arrived, I had just told the kids that we needed to get their things picked up. Not only that, there were still piles of clothes that I had sorted in our bedroom from when we were out of town. I hadn't gotten around to washing them, so it was awful! I was throwing stuff everywhere!! Needless, to say, I've been cleaning most of the day just out of embarrassment and knowing that they're coming back later in the week! It was definitely one of those times when I wished I could have wiggled my nose like Samantha from Bewitched and cleaned in an instant!!

We're not going out tonight, so no worries about overindulging. I think we're just going to make popcorn and watch some movies with the kids.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote