South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default New Year's Eve! Last day of 2007

I am still at work and probably won't be on later on today, so I just wanted to wish everybody a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Does everyone have their cupboards cleaned out and restocked with Phase I stock so tomorrow we get started

Here's to everyone meeting their weightloss goal.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:45 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year to you, too, Rose! We're counting down already here - four hours, twenty-one minutes to go!!! There's a big fireworks display on base tonight so Tom and I are going to cheat and watch it from the roof while the wee ones are sleeping snug and warm in their beds. Should be fun!

I am flying high on my endorphin rush from a great workout tonight. I got in 4,000 minutes this month! You'd think I would have lost more than two pounds...

Off to get the yummies ready for our little private party. Have a great last day of 2007 everyone!

Kara
Old 12-31-2007, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

Cindy needs me to stay with the girls for a few hours this morning, but I should be back home by 1. We're staying in tonight and watching the ball drop from the comfort of our home. Dustin, Andrea and the grandkids are coming over for a while, and we're having our New Year's Eve dinner of cheese fondue and firecracker shrimp. I'm usually in bed by 10, so it may be a real struggle to stay awake until midnight!
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone
I couldn't sleep for some reason and have been awake since 2:30. I was hoping to make it to midnight tonight but...I guess we'll see.
Pearlrose
Kara Happy New Year
Cottage Cheese fondue is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner

I have to work some this morning but there may be time for a nap this afternoon. I can always celebrate on east coast time since they air the ball drop here twice (once at EST and again PST). Have a great New Year's Eve.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy New Year Kara! And Happy New Year's Eve to those on the slow side of the planet

It looks like I'm going to stay home today. Lots of snow overnight and more later this afternoon. We will have a quiet night at home with healthy treats (no wheel of brie this year!) and get up and go snow shoe tomorrow!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chick a roos! Finally the last day of 2007 has arrived - I am so glad to get rid of this year.

Pearl to you too

Kara a private party how nice. You go girl on all your minutes you exercise diva

Cottage I hope you enjoy your evening

Thinby sounds like you may need to sneak a knap somehow today

Hiya Cyndi

Going to a new years eve party gonna celebrate this awful year right on into history. Tomorrow I will wake up to a new day, new year and a new feeling about myself.

I want to wish you all a healthy, safe
Old 12-31-2007, 07:08 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning chicks and Happy New Years Eve to all. With the exception of Kara who has already started 2008. Happy New Year to you. Hope your fireworks were wonderful.

I am just sitting here have two kids this morning but they are playing with my oldest dd and watching the Hockey game on tv, so I have a computer moment and a international coffee. ( Sugar free Vanilla.)I was on the scales and my ticker is lying lying lying. I will change it. I am so not happy with myself as I have gone higher than ever. Tomorrow will be a new year, new habits, well must dash as another just came in. I will pop in later.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

LC, have a good day with the kiddies! Are they being picked up early?

Gonna, there will be no devilishness at this private party. Tom's got a cold and I just started into *that* time of month... Oh well.

Cyndi, no wheel of brie?! If that's the case, I might just quit this diet altogether!

Dawn, when it was 1999/2000, we were in Washington state and I think we watched the celebrations in about fifty gazillion other places before it was finally midnight on pacific time! I felt kind of left out until the end!

Linda, what's firecracker shrimp? Sounds dangerous! We were just reading about Blast Ended Skrewts in Harry Potter, so my mind may be wandering a bit farther from the truth than it should be.

Two more hours to go! I can't believe it's almost 2008. Last year at this time we were facing a seemingly endless year of separation (*that* lasted about a month!) and the festivities didn't seem all that festive. This year has been much happier!

Kara
Old 12-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from my winter wonderland. Of course it snowed when I have to drive to Ottawa. It's a good thing I have snow tires.

Aside from wondering where the heck I stashed the potatoes, things are well in hand for my dinner tonight. I just need to pick up my monster roast from the butcher. When I get back here with Mel, we'll get to work doing veggies and chatting. He wants me to show him how to make a coconut cream pie from scratch but that will be a job for next year aka tomorrow.

Have a great New Year's Eve. Yippee the plough guy just did my lane!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, Tom told Connor tonight, "I'll see you next year!" Poor kid - thought Daddy was going away or something! That joke never does get old, though.

Kara
Old 12-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Kara- yep the kiddies are being picked up by 2:00, this year I was kinda of a meanie, I had a 2:00 pick up on christmas eve as well, then took the rest of the week off. I figure my girls are getting older and before I know it they will be gone from the nest.

Ruth- drive carefull, it is snowing like crazy here too they are saying we may get 30 cm. wow. I am hoping it does not wreak our new years plans.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:11 AM   #12  

I've been up doing a bit of work. I got a call from one of the CSRs from Canada to say they had a small fire in Calgary and I'd need to check out my servers. Everything looks fine but I went ahead and did some work for a guy in India while I was at it. It seems strange that this is just a US holiday for the people I work with.

I've got no real plans for today except to do some touch up of the paint in Brian's room. I've almost got it done. I did the trim yesterday. Maybe tomorrow we can start moving his furniture back in.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone!
It's a COLD morning here, but it's supposed to be getting a lot colder...Mr. Weatherman says with wind chill, it may be in the teens by tomorrow..that doesn't happen very often. Guess we will be hauling and covering plants today. No big plans to ring in the new year...I'll probably be sound asleep by that time.

Yesterday was kind of fun...I made pizza! I haven't had pizza in 9 months. It' something I don't really want too often (got burned out on it when all my kids were still at home) but yesterday, I just had the envie for some. I found a recipe for whole grain crust and adjusted it a little. I've never been too good at crusts, so I let my bread machine make it. It made enough for a huge cookie sheet size pizza. I put spinich, shrimp, mushrooms and hearts of palm on it along with mozzarella cheese. I also put some low sugar sauce on it, but think I'll skip it next time and use a little garlic olive oil instead and maybe add a little feta. Yum.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,
Not a lot of excitement here. The cat has a vet's appt this morning. The kids are sleeping in. DD must have spent the night at a friend's house. I hate it when she does that without calling because I always think the crazy x-boyfriend has caught up to her. But she is 20, and I can't be with her all the time. So, I didn't sleep great last night. Tonight we plan to go to some friends for dinner and a game of pool. I'm taking a huge box of goodies for dessert (everything I was given yesterday), which will be eaten, or will stay at her house, or will go in the trash after midnight.
We were invited to a luncheon tomorrow, and to dinner at my mom's, but I have declined both. I have just had enough of it all, and I really just don't want to be around holiday goodies any more.

Pearlrose, I am stocked up for Ph1 and so ready to get back to it, I just wish people would stop giving me goodies.
Kara, that sounds like a very romantic New Year's!
Dawn, hope you get your nap in! It's great to be able to choose the New Year you want to celebrate.
lc, I am sure my ticker is lying right now too. But I prefer the head-in-the-sand approach. I am not going near that scale again until the end of Ph1!
Cyndi, can I come snowshoeing? That sounds so fun!
Wish I could come to your party Ruth!
Barb, I'll bet Brian's room looks great. Did you ever get the patch done? I have been promising DS a re-decorate as well as some new furniture. Poor guy still has his Thomas Train table in there, although it's covered with Xbox stuff. I'll have to go add that to my New Year's resolutions.
Cat, in my family, it's a tradition to gather and have pizza for dinner every Friday night. They never get tired of it, but I burned out on it long ago. Yours sounds yummy though!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, we do pizzas on whole wheat tortillas pretty frequently. So yummy! I buy the Hunt's Pizza Sauce (it doesn't have any extra sugar) and we load on the veggies. Our favorites of late are fresh spinach, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts. The kids love making their own, and it's a super way to get a ton of vegetables in. I toast the tortillas before topping them and then throw them back in the oven to melt the cheese after they're topped.

Barbara, did you get that wall fixed in Brian's room? I bet he's super excited about it almost being finished! How was the party last night?

Edit to add Schmoo - My brother had his Brio train table in his room until he was about eleven, and then my mom gave it to us for Connor to have it. It was piled with soccer cleats and random "big kid" stuff, too!

We've got twenty-two minutes left. Almost time to head to the roof! Break out the "mink" blankets!!!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-31-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Closed Thread