Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #283

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Jules - yikes, I'm about to bite my nails, wondering what the hospital doc will say! Let us know ASAP, ok?
Old 12-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

She's having contractions, but nothing to worry about. She is only 3 cm apart and they sent her home.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #4  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Something to share!!The Week After Christmas
================

'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt

I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
"Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

~Author Unknown~

-----------------------------
Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Jules - My DD did that with her 3rd one. They sent us home and we went to the hospital early they next morning. She went in while I went to park the car. When I got to the nurses station, they told me they were preping her and they would come get me when they got her settled. I waited and waited and finally went back to ask the nurse when I was going to get to back to her room. She said, "Oh, we'll come get you in a few minutes, your daughter has had the baby". I walked into the room right after he was born and the doctor told my DD, "show your Mama what you got". Turns out we barely made it to the hospital. She practically walked in and had the baby on the spot. I hope things will go as well for Teri, but not quite as close as we did.

Sue - I read in the newspaper about the soap about a year ago. A doctor wrote about it and said that he didn't know why it works but it does for a lot of people. I have had leg cramps ever since I was a teenager so I put a bar under our mattress. DH laughs at me, but I haven't had leg cramps or charlie horse since I put it there. DH MIL (his deceased wife's mother is like a Mom to both of us) told me about putting vicks on your feet and wearing socks to bed when you have a cold coming on. She said a friend told her about it. I recently read about it & I read it works & I read it is a hoax. However, I tried it before reading it was a hoax and I actually believe it worked for me. I never had the full fledged cold. I was over it within a few days rather than the usual week to 10 days or more. Crazy and a hoax, maybe, but it worked for me. Go figure.

Trish
Old 12-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.

Jane -- Yeah I definitely would have rather seen Matthew's behind than Teri's lol. Yeah I think that 2008 will be a brighter, happier year, or at least that is what I am hoping for.

Jules -- Hope you have a Grandbaby soon!!!!! He is definitely taking his time, isn't he? lol.

Sue -- Thanks for the tip. I used to get really bad Charlie Horses in my legs when I was younger. I was also told that they are caused from low potassium.

I hope you all are well and keeping warm.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 AM   #7  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out around the house. we did end up taking my sister up on her offer to watch the kids. so we went out to dinner. (I did really good....half of my dinner ended up coming home with us!) we were going to go walk around the mall, but we realized when we went to find a spot that the mall had closed an hour before we got there. so we just came right home since it had started to snow when we left.

Jules~ I bet little Dominick is waiting so that he can be the first baby born on New Year's Day!!! Sounds really promising that she will be having him soon since her contractions are getting closer and closer.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

I am excited today as I weighed today since I didn't get to do it yesterday. I lost 1.5 lbs this week. I'm ending this year with a 4 lb loss. I wish I could say I lost more this year, but I am thankful that I'm at least leaving 2007 with a loss and not a gain. It is going to come off slower this time, but it is going to come off. I don't know how this eating whole foods using IE works, but it does. And at my age, I know that losing it slow is really smart because I don't want sagging wrinkles.

I think one of the best things that happened to me in 2007 was finding you Ladies and becoming a part of the Jaded Ladies. I appreciate each and everyone of you. I look forward to 2008 with all of you. I don't know if I'll be back here any more today so I will go ahead and wish all of ALL OF YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hugs,
Trish
Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Tammy--cute poem!! thanks for sharing!!

Mindee--she was having a level 6 out of 10 contractions yesterday at the hospital and not able to tell she was really having them. I guess that's a good sign!!

Sassy--he is DEFINTELY on his own little schedule...

Trish--her not feeling those level 6 contractions do have me a little worried---I hope she goes as fast as your daughter and as long as she makes it to the hospital we will be good!!! I am glad you found us too!!!

Jane--I am thinking like Teri at this point...he's not going to come out until he's forced---just like she did when I was pregnant with her. He is comfortable in the "grow womb"!!

Happy New Years Eve to all!!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:23 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

I'm in a hurry here; we're headed to Mary's party soon, but I wanted to say - Hope you all have a great evening, and

I'll see you next year!

Last edited by Jane; 12-31-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:23 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick one from me too......

Went to work early and I'm off.... will be going to my sisters later to play Wii. Too much fun.

Have a safe New Years Eve!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy and Brandon to get home. They took my sister over to one of my other sister's house for the night, and then they were picking up some friends of ours on their way back. Logan is sitting and watching Shrek 2 while holding a box of Banana Nut Crunch cereal, and Marissa is tossing her toys off her high chair tray.

Jules~ I betcha he is going to be the first baby born on New Year's Day!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Tammy...I concur...cute poem and thanks for sharing!

Jane...have fun at Mary's party!

Marti...have fun at your sisters!

Mindee...have fun with your company!

Sassy...another cold one here but I am keeping warm jin front of the fireplace.

Sue...glad your mommy is feeling better and gained a little.

Trish...WTG on the loss!

Jules...hoping little Nicky makes his debut tonight or at least by tomorrow morning. I think he has decided he wants to be a 2008 baby!

Today was a nice day. DD, me and V went to see Juno and then to dinner for mexican. Good movie and good food! I slept in till 9 and then got up to exercise for a hour before doing a few things around here and then leaving for the movie. Went to go and my vehicle wouldn't start so had to go in V's truck. Came home and the thing started...not sure what is up with that. Anywho...hope everyone has a safe, fun New Years Eve!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!

Jules -- Any News Yet??????? Do you have a New Year's Grandson yet?? lol

Hi Marti and Jane....

Cristina -- Mmmmmmm I love Mexican Food....... Juno.......hmmmmm can't think of what movie that is........Our car did that too and our mechanic said it could have been bad gas.........anyways hope all is well now.

I made a mistake and watched a movie lastnight that I felt was deragatory to fat people. Basically all it did was make fun of fat people and how ridiculous they are in certain situations. Pathetic what they do to make $$. I won't mention the name of the movie, but it has some rather well-known actors in it. I may have just taken it the wrong way, but I felt like it was totally wrong. There I'm off my now. lol!!!

Well I'm having a fun New Year........ Party Party Party.........lol. Oh Well at least I am getting paid very well for working........

I wish you all a very Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year!!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

A brand new year, with a brand new slate!

Tammy - love the poem!

Trish - I got the email about the Vick's trick, and Mary used it on Madison just last night. She did cough some, but not nearly as bad. Aww, we feel the same about you, and are very glad you found us. Great job, losing another 1.5.

Sassy - woohoo for getting $$ for working last night.

Mindee - glad you had a good time out to dinner with Tommy.

Jules - hang in there, grandma, he'll be worth the wait!

Marti - did you have fun playing Wii? I've never seen one irl, but on tv, it looks like so much fun!

Cristina - Juno seems like a good movie. Glad you had a good time.

We had fun at Mary's last night. Katie's fiance Clint sure is good at Trivial Pursuit! Neal and I came home shortly after the ball dropped, and left the younger ones there to party hardy.

Today I have absolutely nothing that has to be done, and since we're having soup from the freezer, I don't even have to cook.

TTFN,

Last edited by Jane; 01-01-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Closed Thread