Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Default Aussie Chicks in 2008

Hi everyone

It's time to start our new thread along with the New Year! What are everyone's goals for 2008?

As always I am planning a 'slow and steady' approach to the year, and by the end of it I am really hoping to get close to 70kg.

My initial goal is to get below 80kg by the end of January.

To achieve that I will:

• eat around 1500 calories a day;

• drink 2 litres of water each day;

• reach 10,000 steps on my pedometre as often as possible, but aim for a January average of 7,000/day;

• continue with my resistance training; and

• start packing!

And of course I will continue to report in here every day.

Good luck to everyone with our hopes, dreams and plans. I wish everyone a safe, happy and successful 2008!

Ani
Old 12-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Woohoo! Nice and new! It feels fresh and clean! Perfect for a new start!

Ok, my goals for 2008...

1) I am finding this hard because I am still weighing in pounds and (by choice) I am not sure what my ideal weight should be nor how much I need to lose. So, I can't say 'I want to be Xkgs by the end of the year'. I feel better not knowing what my ultimate goal is at the moment because I know as I get closer I become more complacent and think it is too easy!! I think that is why I achieved 30kg and then totally lost focus in 2006/07. For now I know I have a big job ahead of me and I am going to do it pound by pound. So number one goal is to aim for a 1lb drop a fortnight. Too easy? Maybe, but I know that is doable!

2) I want to conqueur Mt Everest (or something similar). But, this goal may change if my 'situation' changes. For now step-ups are about all I am willing to do exercise wise - but it feels like a chore. If something should occur that makes it more possible for me to incorperate exercise into my lifestyle, like walking to work, gardening for example, then Everest will be put away and I will be investing in a pedometre and walking somewhere too. I so much prefer walking, but the heat here makes that impossible!

3) I am going to make a point of counting calories everyday. And if that means cooking (ugh!) then so be it!

4) I will drink ample water each day!

5) I am going to start a journal. This is your influence Ani!

Reading some of your posts where you reflect on 'last year' or 'six months ago' makes me feel disappointed that I can't do that. I wish I had kept a journal, because I am sure it would have shown me exactly where I came undone and I'd have been able to have put it back together by now. You have shown that weight loss is more than just dropping kgs. It is exploring your thoughts, feelings and emotions. I want to - need to - do that too. I know something in my head caused me to gain this weight...I need to explore that and get past it to lose the weight and to keep it off!

6) Chocolate will be my friend!!!

If I can just stick to at least couple of those, I think I might achieve a positive result with my weight loss in 2008.

Good luck to everyone for the new year!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 AM   #3  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Thks for new thread Ani, now I just gotta figure out how to subscribe to it. My brain seems to have taken a holiday as well as the rest of the country.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:09 AM   #4  
Am I a senior too?

I'm looking into getting an elliptical trainer in the very near future. I can use my mornings and/ or evening time to 'me' to do this. I will put it in front of the tv and do while watching the news. I've read a bit about them and it sounds really good. And I can do that 'burst' thing that everyone raves about while doing their usual walk. You know - walk for a bit then run for 10 seconds (or was it 30) anywho----- u all i am sure know what I mean. Kinda gives yr body a fright and it doesnt know what to expect so it is always buring more calories every time u exercise rather than getting used to one type and using less energy to do it.

Vonni

PS, I've been horrible the past few days. Eating crap, biscuits, chocolates ( 2 or 3) and chips (bowlsfull). No water just softdrink and coffee. I'm in a 'mood'. Other half has said some things to me that sound like he wants out but trying to twist it to make me into the wanting out person. And when he does that... yeah I do.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #5  
It's ME!

Thanks for the new thread Ani.

My goals for 2008 are:

* Most importantly for me, I want to learn to love and accept myself for who and what I am.

* I want to learn how to control my alcohol intake rather than allow it to control me. If I cannot do this I accept that I will have to quit completely.

* As part of being good to myself, I will commit to nourishing my body with what it needs to function well - good food and regular exercise.

* I want to continue with the great progress I have made in terms of my weight loss. My goal weight will change from 80 to 70kg. This is achievable!

Here's to a happy and successful 2008 for all of us
Old 12-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #6  

Morning!

A somewhat interesting start to the 2008 weight-loss period for me as it seems I have already blown my January goal of reaching 196.0lb off the board!

On Christmas Eve, I weighed in at 200.8lb - and I checked that several times as I was not happy about being over 200lb! This morning I have again done the hot shoe shuffle on the scales and my most consistant result from the 86 times I got on and off them is 195.6lb!!

That's a 5.2lb loss over Christmas Week!!!

Admittedly, I have been fairly well behaved since Boxing Day, but I did not expect this result! And yes, I am aware a lot of that loss will be fluid and I should not expect such huge results in future!

So with that, and with my ultimate goal for the year up there of maintaining a loss of 1lb a fortnight, my new end of January goal is to reach 193.0lb!

Tomorrow (or maybe tonight as I have no New Years Eve plans), I start my climb up Mt Everest again. I have set myself a January goal for that also, I want to get to the top of Mt Bogong by months end!

Ok, that's me! It's back to work today...for one day before the New Years public holiday!

Good luck to all else who weigh in today!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #7  
Am I a senior too?

My Goals for 2008 I havent really thought about much but here are some things I DEFINATELY want to change.

* Try and fix my relationship
* Spend quality time with my kids
* Drink water regularly and make it a habit I dont even think about
* Lose at least 5 kilos in the next six months
* Start an exercise regime (could include that in wuality time by taking kids for a walk around river)
* Start saving. Not big savings, even if its just my discount off groceries etc that I save.

PS I have weighed in earlier than wednesday which was going to be my new weigh in day. And I have lost 600gm woohoo

Last edited by 7senuf; 12-30-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: forgot to post loss
Old 12-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #8  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

Lindor that rocks!!!! what an awesome end to the year
Vonni after reading about your choc and softdrink week 600gram loss is so cool, i am so jealous BUT i am knowing why i put on heheheeh oh well

i am thinking about my resolutions, loving lindors "make chocolate my friend" that is the attitude i will need to remember after optifast

will be back tomorrow with resolutions, will think about it tonight and then print them out and put them on wall, with at least four weeks of weird diet ahead of me i will be able to do a lot more around the house (pottering around the house will distract from not eating anything but a little bit of green stuff) (and three delicous and nutrionally balanced shakes per day)

have a great new year's eve everyone i gotta go make kitchen look decent... my mum on her way over.... still at however old i am i care what she thinks about my kitchen ho hum
Old 12-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #9  

Lindor - that is awesome! Fluid or not - who cares? I'm really proud of you

Vonni and Julia I really like the sound of your goals, and I get the sense that there's a whole new determination there.

Me - yet another spectacular result. I lost the grand total of 0.1kg! At this rate I should be at 80kg by about MAY!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #10  

Ani, I think the fact that any of us actually lost weight at all over the Christmas Week is awesome regardless of the amount! Really can any of us really brag about having significant losses at all at Christmas time in previous years? Tell me I was wrong when I read a slightly defeated tone in you post?

Vonni, well done on your drop! And Kel, yours is coming, I can feel it!

Julia, I don't know why, but I never saw your post this morning! I love your goals for 2008! I hope they all work out for you

Now, where is Gen, Barb an Kylie?

I am enjoying a nice salad with egg right for lunch. Told you I was going to start cooking...I boiled these eggs all by myself!!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 AM   #11  
Am I a senior too?

Way to go Lindor@ boiling eggs. I had egg salad for lunch too. But I had it already done as a pasta salad from the deli. I have already cooked dinner for tonight. We are having basil chicken with a twist. Having it with pasta tonight and the chicken I have cut small instead of usual chicken steaks. I even used low fat cream. Still don't think it's that healthy but its really yum, and the pasta fills me up. Tomorrow we are having a bbq so I will eat lots of salad then. Ani 100g is 100g so well done. Lindor yay for you thats a great effort this week. Kel don't be sad. Just think when Jemima is walking you'll be running. Maybe while you are cleaning your kitchen you can do a jive.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:40 AM   #12  

Lindor I am a bit frustrated, but only because I keep letting myself down. This month I seem to have fallen into a pattern where I go OK for four days, and then I eat 'a bit extra', or stubbornly refuse to drink enough water. Just dumb things like that - and even though it isn't doing any harm (because I've managed to avoid gaining weight), it is still a form of self-sabotage.

And I'm probably a bit grumpy because I seem to have come down with an ear/nose/throat thing today and I feel pretty plain. In fact I feel quite awful really.

But things will be OK. December is almost over, and I am really determined to make January a winner. I've set specific goals (daily, weekly and for the month), and I fully intend to reach them. My aim is to get to 80kg by the end of the month… and I WILL!

Ani
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I've eaten a whole block of chocolate every day for the past week.

I hope next year I get my bloody head in order because I won't succeed with the weight until I do.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

I'm here. I haven't done to well over the last two weeks. And it wasn't christmas that did it either. I have no idea where my head's at at the moment. No matter, tomorrow is a new day and I plan on making it a good one.

All of your goals for the new year sound terrific. I don't ususlly set myself goals but I'm thinking that I might need to so I have something to work towards. At the moment I'm thinking:

Take better care of myself (that covers pretty much everything don't you think!)

Get a job that I enjoy.

Keep a daily account of what I'm feeling ( not exactly a journal but a record none the less)

So far that's it.

I've got heaps I want to say but DH is calling me!

Have a great New Year's Eve

See you next year!
XX
Barb
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 AM   #15  

Gen I've just spent half an hour pondering your dilemma. It's a chicken and egg thing sometimes - there are times when you get the food right and the head wrong… And vice versa!

I think, in part, this is why it's such a long journey - because we have to stop sometimes and ponder our own universes. Is chocolate a trigger food for you normally? Is it possible to break off just a row and eat it and put the rest in the fridge?

I've had a pretty good day today. I've eaten under 1500 calories, drank 2.5L of water, and walked 9,686 steps so far. Most of my food has been whole, except for the two squares of Turkish Delight I just had for dessert.

First day I've been happy with for a week!

Ani
Closed Thread