Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #282

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

I had a great Christmas, and hope you did, too. Time for me to clear the house of toxic foods, and to take the decorations down.

Also, I gotta do laundry, the hamper is beginning to spill over! Life goes on, right?

I'll chat more with you later.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just putzing around online while we wait to leave to go pick up my sister. then we are probably going to do a little bit of shopping since we are meeting her and my dad at a local mall that is half way between our house and their house. Tommy did the laundry this morning, so I will have to get that folded sometime.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Ladies....

Woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning! We usually don't see snow until the end of Jan, beginning of Feb. Too bad it didn't fall yesterday morning, would be our first White Christmas in YEARS!

Well lets see, during the weekend, I ate lots, didn't exercise much so come Friday, we'll see what kind of damage I have done. If I gain, I'll just have to work on losing it. I plan to get myself back on track and behave better.

At least now that the holidays are done or slowing down, the stress of getting everything together is finally over and I can catch up on some much needed sleep. At least try to. Today I have off, yet I woke up early. Figures.

Ok....I'm going to try and keep up and pop in here more often now that Christmas is over. For now.....off I go to clean up the house and then try and take a nap.

Hugs to you all.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Back to the grind come tomorrow...*sigh I enjoyed the sleeping late...ok both days I was up early but I could of slept late if I wanted to!.

I don't know if anyone else is having problems getting into the other chit chat,,,I have tried to go in and read but it freezes up on me.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I was seriously spoiled. But then I did my best to spoil everyone else. I really don't think my eating was too out of control. My enighbours brought over some baking,,egads that was bad. But in 5 days split between 4 people I can say it could of been worse.
Did anyone go and do some Boxing Day sales? I was at the mall by 9, for my leather jacket...walked out with a totally different jacket I was planning to get. I bought Monte his birthday present there also.
Bought the boys some jeans,,,and the best deal along with my jacket. Was some sheets that are 800 thread count. It was on for half price. I was all over that like bears on honey. We also got Brandon another kitchen appliance. Ya would of thought we were at a bridal shower with all the appliances he got for Christmas...lol So I think for Valentines day I will give him a roll of heart shaped cookie dough and the *toaster oven* we picked up for him...

Well I should get back to doing a bit of cleaning.
ttfn
ps Jules....anything yet?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

Finally got the new laptop and got it on line. Had a nice quiet Christmas. I figure next year all those who went out of town will be here next yeat and I will be cooking a lot so I really enjoyed the first time ever that I can remember that I didn't have to plan and cook for a lot of people. Felt kind of strange. Catch you tomorrow.

Hugs,Trish
Old 12-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.....

Glad you all had a Great Christmas.......Only 6 1/2 more hours for me to go! My boss called, said I could leave an hour early in the AM. Which is good news.

Oh DH heard about the supervisor job -- he didn't get it. He is kinda bummed about it of course, but like I told him, maybe he is meant to get something better........I know that doesn't help any, but you never know.

That is about all from my end, at least for now.

Take Care Everybody!

Old 12-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how is every one?

nothing new just again putzing online. we went and picked up my sister and walked around the mall for a little bit. then we picked up a couple of things that the kids needed, then we came home.

Jules~ Any news yet?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Mindee - sounds like you're having fun with your sister. Does she live fairly close to you, or did I miss something? Love the new avatar!

Marti - glad you're getting resting and will be able to pop in more. Did Jhanai have a good Christmas?

Angie - I wish I could get a deal like that on sheets. I love the high thread count ones, and in king size, they cost an arm and a leg at regular price.

Trish - glad you got a break this year. A big WooHoo for getting the laptop all fired up! I sort of miss mine....

Sassy - aww, sorry about the job for your sweetie. But, it just wasn't meant to be, and you're right, something better will come along.

Jules - is Dominck here yet??

Hello to all others.

It seems we're all looking forward to a fresh start for the new year. I know I did some serious overeating, but have got all the junk out of the house. New Year's Eve will be another challenge, though.

I need to get back to walking everyday, too. Our Florida vacation is just 2 months away, and I want to strengthen my leg stamina before then.

Toodles!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Angie - I just tried getting into the old thread and didn't have a prob. Try it again, ok?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...I thought I would come in here to baby blue banners and "welcome Dominick" signs. Where is that little stinker? (exactly what Teri and Jules are probably thinking)

A good Christmas was had by all here. Like everyone, I ate too much and exercised too little. Now time for a new beginning. Yet again!

I was surprised with my gift from DH. Not jewelry like some...but a 22 inch flat screen monitor. Yay. My other one took up so much space and had a small screen. This one is super!

I spent yesterday doing laundry, taking down decorations and packing things to the attic. Walked a mile and rode 2 miles, so getting back in the swing of things.

Glad you are all happy and healthy! Back soon.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #12  

Good Morning ladies!

More light dusting of snow. It's raining now, nothing is sticking. Hubby went to work yesterday to plow snow off the tracks up the mountains, says one guy was walking then all of a sudden he was chest deep in snow!

Jane--I also did some serious overeating, but MUCH better than last year! I hope I didn't gain too much. Makes a difference for me when I don't exercise and I haven't done that since last Thursday!( At least I think it was Thursday, I don't even remember) Tomorrow is WI, we'll see how bad I've done. (darn those chocolate sweet treats!)

Mindee--What did you get your kids from the mall? I went to Old Navy yesterday and that was it. Didn't want to be amongst the high traffic all by myself. Got my DD a couple more pants and some tank tops. (It's winter and I'm buying her tank tops!!!)

Sassy--Sorry that hubby didn't get the supervisor job. But as you said....there is always something better that'll come along. I worked Christmas Eve too, and I work New Years Eve. I got to go home early Christmas Eve, hope I get to come home early New Years Eve too.

Trish--A break from cooking is a Christmas gift in itself! Glad you got your laptop going, I thinking that I might want my own too...hubby has one and DD's dad is wanting to get her one next year since she'll be starting high school....I think I must be feeling left out!

Angie--We had a wonderful Christmas this year. I loved all I got. My favorite is the "faerie Journal" hubby got me. I'm not sure what it is about the book, but I just love it! DD went crazy w/her gift: Guitar Hero. Played it all day. I tried it and boy......I'm awful! I have no hand and eye coordination!

Hello and Good morning to the rest of you. Come on in and tell me what you got for Christmas.

Tonight I'll be walking. And eating today should be much better. Can't continue on celebrating like I have or I'll be right back to where I don't want to be.

I need to shower and get ready for work. You all have a wonderful day! I only had to work three days this week....fantastic!

Better get moving.

Hugs to you all!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

Well it is nice having the laptop here in the living room with me, I'll just have to regulate my time on it as I go overboard being on it too much if I don't watch myself. I have reading and other things I want to do besides the things I have to do and need to do. This will be a quick hello. Bug guy comes to spray the house today and I've got to go get my nails done. I let them grow too long because I wore red nail polish (DH favorite color) for Christmas and didn't want to get the color changed until after Christmas. They get too long like they are now and it makes typing difficult. My DD and DS wears theirs long and types. I don't know how they do it. Need to go to the store to pick up a few things today. It's supposed to rain the next 3 days and I can't complaign after the drought we had this year. We will gladly welcome it. I just don't like to get out in it unless I have to.

Speaking of DS. I haven't heard from babysister, but my other DS said that she did and the doctor said that everything is healing up nicely with her first injury. She said they do everything different now. So I guess the doctor in GA knows what he is doing after all. Glad to have a second opinion though and to know she will be okay. I guess I'l hear from her when she gets back home next month.

Sunday was my weigh in day and I lost 3 lbs. Hope I haven't messed that up by eating out and eating Christmas day. We will see Sunday if I at least stay where I am or not. Trying to learn to use the IE and put more fiber into my diet. So we will see how that works for me.

Well better run, got to pick up around here a bit and get DH up before I leave since the bug guys will be here when or maybe before I return from nail salon. See ya later. Y'all have a great day!!!

Jules - Still waiting for Dominick to make his entrance? All ready letting you know thatg he is the boss. LOL

Hugs,
Trish
Old 12-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #14  

Sue--You snuck in! What a great gift! I should have taken my decorations down yesterday, I always do the day after, but this year I was feeling lazy!

Trish--You snuck in too! FANTASTIC on the 3lbs down! That is wonderful, especially during the holidays! Great job!

Now....I need to get going.

More hugs to you all!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just dropping by with a HI

Too many posts to try and catch up so will just start with the next thread hopefully. Haven't gotten in any computer time in since last Saturday I believe.

So glad we had/have our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve because I was sick as a dog on Christmas Day...nothing like puking your guts out all day. A little better today but not much. Going to call the doc tomorrow if it's not better. Was in to see her WEdnesday to have the stitches removed and talked about the sickness so we'll see what happens tomorrow. On a good note...I was down 2 pounds, lol. Not my official WI so we'll see what happens then. Not the best way to lose weight either. Anyway...more of the icky stuff coming again tonight...supposed to get 2-6 inches again. Tired of this crap already. Aren't I just the happy camper today, lol.

Have a good day!
Closed Thread