Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #1  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Default That 70s Show - Losing 70ish lbs - Christmas Edition!

Hello, hello! As of today, it is t-minus 29 days until Christmas!

Questions of the Week.....

1. What is your Christmas goal?

2. What is your mini-goal for this week?

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #2  
Am I there yet?

1. What is your Christmas goal? Down to 190!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? Get back on track with eating, exercise at least 4 days this week

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!

Here's basically what we have for dinner:

Monday: soft tacos with whole wheat tortillas and lean ground beef
Tuesday: pot roast with salad
Wednesday: Dijon chicken and wild rice
Thursday: grilled shrimp and whole grain pasta
Friday: Company Christmas party this week.... I think I'm getting the steak
Saturday: grilled lemon pepper chicken over a big salad

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Don't be afraid to have a treat now and then...everything is ok as long as it's in moderation. I find that if I try to deprive myself of a certain food/food group, I only end up craving it more.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

1. What is your Christmas goal? 195lbs...and I just hit onederland this morning...so only 4lbs to go...I think I'm going to beat it!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? I dont' do weekly mini-goals. I'm not sure why...but I guess my weeklies are just to lose a few pounds and always stay on track with my lifestyle.

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want! I don't plan dinner. My big meal is lunch. It keeps me from munching all day on yuck foods! Especially since I'm really good at munching late at night. I typically have a 500-600 calorie lunch - turkey sandwhich with Fat Free Potato Chips, fruit or salad, bowl of chili, kashi frozen pizza, etc...any of those items are usually my lunch....sorry no recipes for me....just not cooking as I used to...although I am dying to find a low fat, low cal spinach lasagna!

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Yes - just because it is a holiday does not mean you should give yourself a free pass. I eat a bit more on the holidays than I do every other day...but I do not over-indulge and stay only about 200-300 calories over what my plan calls for(typically 1200-1400 cals). 1-2 bites of an item (such as a sweet pie or cookie) should satisfy you....it does me...so I hope it will you! Or just eat ONE cookie....you will feel better tomorrow when your scale moves!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

YAY Christmas! This is my FAVORITE time of year! I'm so excited! I got all the decorations up this weekend.. except I'm somehow missing an entire box of ornaments and lights... I'm taking it as a sign - they were all the ones that my exhusband picked out. So this coming weekend my daughter and i are using it as a great excuse to go buy more!

1. What is your Christmas goal? I really just don't know. Originally it was to get to #170... but then I realized that the scale I was using is #6 off - so that's not going to happen now. However getting to #180 would be awesome.. so that's what I'm going with!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? i'm still aiming for #1.5-#2 a week.

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want! eating food. Seriously - I'm not a planner. I make what I have... luckily I've been buying things that are better for me and a lot less runs to Mcd's. I can't be that controlled - i'd go nuts!

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? It's just another day... everything in moderation. I'm a religious calorie counter, and I up my allowable calorie intake from 1200 to 1800 on "special days" - it works well for me.

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-26-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

1. What is your Christmas goal?walk 30 hours btwn now and then, take an inch or 2 off my belly measurements

2. What is your mini-goal for this week?getting in my water, going grocery shopping

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!no plan yet, I have only the barest in the cupboards

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Only to remind myself that even though Christmas only comes once a year, any time I go off track too bad, it takes 5 times as long to undo the damage!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 AM   #6  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

YAY! So glad to see the thread back. I missed you guys!!

1. What is your Christmas goal? Low 170s.

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? Ummmm..Not give into stress, because when I do, I go way off plan and eat out too much. I have my senior exhibition of artwork next Tuesday and getting everything ready is PRETTY nerve wracking lol.

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want! Tentatively: Slimfast or cereal for breakfast, Lean Cuisine or turkey sandwich for lunch if I have time to go home, or Chic-fil-A if not. Lean Cuisine or homemade soup for dinner with a baby spinach salad. Don't know about snacks yet.

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Don't let anything be off limits..Have a little of everything but don't go overboard!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 11-27-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello Hope that everyone's Tuesday is going well. I'm doing very good so far today... had a rough night w/ BF last night - got into a fight - but I just went to bed instead of the Fridge.. small nsv I suppose. We're better today... sometimes relationship crap is so petty!

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-27-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #8  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Gator - Congrats on the ONEDERLAND!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #9  
is baaaad to the bone!

2bthin - thank you very very much! It is fabulous and I am in hog heaven right now...while not hogging out!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week. Mine has been hectic with work (I sell real estate and my phone is blowing up this week...and last week....odd, I know!).

In either case....Monday @ gym I did 66 mins. on the elliptical and tonight I did 33 mins. 33 Mins. is my normal routine, but usually one or two nights a week I like to double it up if I am in a really great mood. I feel so accomplished afterwards. After my cardio I do use the machines for toning arms, abs, legs....and I just started using the captains chair as I read in another thread that it is the most effective ab exercise. Back when I was in shape about 5-6 years ago, I could do about 100 lifts on captains chair...now just 3 sets of 10. I'll get there with more weight loss...it really was one of my fave exercises back in the day...

well, nighty night, gotta get up early in the morning! I hope everyone makes wise decisions this week!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #10  
Am I there yet?

I have not yet exercised this week! ack! I need a swift kick in the hiney!

My only excuse is that DH and I have been rushing to finish remodeling our bathroom before the end of the week, since it involves tile cutting which must be done outside and we are supposed to get dumped on with snow starting on Friday. Excuses, excuses. And obviously I am not the one doing the tile cutting. Food-wise, things are definitely back on track. I even iced Christmas cookies and have been able to handle having one or two each night and that's it. I sent most of them to DH's work... or encouraged DH to eat them, lol!

DH and I did decide that we would be going to the gym after work today. I have a lot of stress going on at work and my anxiety seems to be flaring up. One remedy for that is exercise, and I need to do it!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #11  
is baaaad to the bone!

Anna - I schedule my gym visits. Mon-Fri 7:30-9:30pm. I don't allow anyone to be on my schedule during that time. I even feel the need to add some time on the weekends or go to the track. I think - for me personally - that if I didn't schedule my gym routine, I wouldn't be there. I never miss it unless I am really not feeling good (maybe once a month - if that!).

Good luck with the tile cutting....I know I Just gave you a bunch of advice all the way from Florida...probably not great considering I have never had to deal with a true winter...

Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #12  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I have accomplished 6 hours of walking in the last 5 days. Unfortunately I ate enough food yesterday for 3 days. All my flex points are gone for the week, I gotta behave for the next 5 days. lol It was worth it, just gotta pay the piper now.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Hello ladies,

Here comes another gal for the 70s show

My name is Elisa, I'm 31, mom of 2 (Sarah is 8 and Stella is 1 1/2), happily married, currently living in NY. We moved here from Switzerland last year, I was port-partum and still nursing my little one. It has been a stressful year and as mom, I of course put everyone else's needs ahead of mine... which lead to me gaining more weight instead of losing some I now have 70 lbs to lose and I'm so glad I found this thread!

1. What is your Christmas goal? My goal right now is not actually weight-type goal, but more of a lifestyle one. I want to have a regular exercise routine by the time Christmas comes around!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? Get back on track with eating, try at least 3 of my new workout DVDs.

Eat unprocessed foods and homemade meals, no sugar; also, drink lots of water.

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Keep moving. Even if you have family over and can't do your regular workouts, make sure you schedule mini-workouts or family activities that involve some type of exercise. Walking, playing sports, having a snowball fight... anything goes!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #14  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Elisa !!!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #15  
LisaLv6

S/C/G: 230/223/160

Height: 5'7"

1. What is your Christmas goal? My Christmas Goal is 10 lbs

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? This week I want to hit 220 by Sunday
3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!My typical dinner is chicken, chicken and more chicken. I don't like meat or fish so I go to wal mart and buy the 3lb bag of chicken for $5.50 and than I pair it up with some veggies or quinoa

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays
Stay far away from the appatizers, nibbing is an easy way to get unwanted calories. Plus when eating, eat everything you want, I just put a half dollar portion of everything on my plate.
Closed Thread