South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default South Beach Diet Supercharged-New Book

I am starting South Beach today. I have flirted with it enough, and tried enough other plans to know that this is the one for me.

While searching on amazon I found South Beach Diet Supercharged, the newest South Beach book, which will be out in April. The description says it has updated, expanded food lists and an emphasis on exercise.

I thought I would share since it seems SB has now been made even better.

Well, I'm glad I found this forum.

It will be interesting to see the expanded food list. Any guesses on what is added?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Maybe bananas and watermelons will be encouraged. Congratulations on starting SB.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it may include the updated food list which we've had in our FAQ for ages.
It's already been discussed in this thread a while back.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #4  
it's always something

From what I can tell, it will probably be the same food plan but this time it's combined with exercise and plenty of it. There will be a 3 phase exercise program that coincides with the 3 phases of the diet.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #5  

Also, in the description of the book on amazon, it did say there is an updated and expanded food list, so I'm betting there will be more foods on it. Anyway, it sounds like a good book! Thanks for the link.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

Who else has preordered this book? (Sorry, I didn't know about this site yet, so I didn't use the links here. ) I think most of the info will be repetitive, but it is always rejuvenating for me to read it in print, and I am anxious to see what is said about exercise. This will come out when I am about 2/3 of the way to my goal, so it might be perfect timing to give me a boost to the end.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I pre-ordered the book mainly to have the latest edition and see what changes have been made.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I didnt' know there was a new one, I'll preorder it. I think South Beach has been hammered on a bit by those against low carb dieting, so I think there will be some updates. I read the South Beach for heart health and that was good, although I don't have heart problems. I like this Dr. I think it's a good diet.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsey View Post
I read the South Beach for heart health and that was good, although I don't have heart problems. I like this Dr. I think it's a good diet.
I just finished "The SBD Heart Health Revolution" by Dr. Agatston & really liked it. I'm going to keep referring back to it. My mom has heart problems & has had two angiograms. Great reference. It really explains about the different kinds of cholesterol and the size of your cholesterol particles, how that matters more than the actual number. It's called a Lipoprotein Subfraction test. I learned a lot from this book.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

SB42008! I hope you'll start a thread with an introduction to yourself so everyone can welcome you and get to know you better! Hope to see you in the daily!

Thanks, Bellaluna, for mentioning that. I did a MAJOR happy dance when they first allowed bananas...I almost climbed on my desk! Seriously, they have so many great nutrients that it makes a big difference to have them in our diets. The medium restriction is real, though. They were allowed because even though their glycemic index is high, their glycemic load (if they are medium size or smaller) is low. So stick with the littler ones!

I can't see watermelon ever being approved unless something amazing happens...it doesn't have any major nutrients that anyone's found yet, but it has incredible amounts of sugar, so...

I think the updated food lists will be more like the ones we have here. A ton has been added since the first book came out. But I think there may be more emphasis on foods that have been shown to have more health benefits since the first book came out. There will also probably be an emphasis on some of the newer scientific info, like the need for vitamin D.

I'm happy to see the newer emphasis on exercise. It's SO important.

Last edited by beachgal; 02-07-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

There might be various INCREASES in certain types of allowances based on the intensity of the exercise portions.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good point, Only1! Like WW does with more points depending on how much you exercise (do they still do that? ).
Closed Thread