Old 12-24-2007, 01:31 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Dec. 24-29 Losers and Friends Thread

Good morning ladies.. I realize I just screwed up the dates for the thread, but I don't know how to change them at this point.... Sorry!

I'm starting this thread a bit early....

Liz and I are off to her parent's today for Christmas.. Should be a nice uneventful trip.. At least I can hope...

I've come to the realization that we spent WAY WAY WAY Too much this Christmas, but the good news is that we didn't go into debt for it... What really comes to mind is that we need to work on curbing our spending...

POP eating has taken a bit of a beating this weekend, but we weren't too bad.. I'm hoping her parents are still in diet mode...

Anyway.. May all of you celerating, have a blessed and very safe Christmas... We'll see you either Wednesday night or Thursday...

Cheers!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 12-24-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone.

Dan congrats on all the weight you have lost. Are you following the purple plan? My DH is starting the diet with me next week and i just want to make sure that the purple plan is right for him. From what i remember all men follow the same plan.

Dan do you have any tips for my DH? From your experience has it been easy to lose the weight? I know everyone is always saying that men lose faster but have you experienced that? You've done great.

We've been waiting to start because i'm not 100% sure which plan i should be following since i'm breastfeeding but this old LAWL file i have says Red, i was actually thinking i'll follow purple also. Still not too sure, if anyone has any advice i'd appreciate it.

I cant wait to get started, i really need to go get some groceries & figure out which plan we need to be on. I definitely want to get started by Jan 1st. I really want to start because i'm feeling like such a fatty.

Anyway i hope everyone has a good Christmas.

Last edited by Debbie24; 12-24-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #3  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone!

Happy Christmas Eve! I'm getting that excitement like a child.. I Love Christmastime!

Dan- 2 weeks in a row starting the thread.. have you made that your mission now?

I'm working, so I really don't have much time to do the individual check-in's.. I'll catch up on that later...

Everyone be safe as you are out travelling and celebrating the holidays!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Today we are celebrating our Christmas, since I have to work tomorrow. It just doesn't seem the same though. This will be the first time in about 20 years that I was not with my WHOLE family for Christmas.
We are planning a trip to Buffalo next weekend though, to spend with the family.

I got a digital scale. It is WAYYYY off from the dial up scale, so I will have to adjust my ticker. Needless to say, my New Years goal will not be met. I am now in the deficit of weight. But, I also have not been POP the last couple days. Too many goodies at work, and not enough will power. cookies, homemade fudge, rum balls, etc ... Even back to drinking diet soda at work, instead of water. When I stick with just water, the pounds melt away.

I know when we go into Buffalo I will be having pizza & wings, so I may just need to maintain where I'm at for right now until after that trip. Not that I can't get pizza & wings anytime here, but that's not the same neither. We got used to one particular place, and everytime we visit, we have to order from there.

I will still be checking in.

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas, and that santa is good to you all!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #5  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

is it bad that i am not completely done shopping yet? no, right? that's normal isn't it? everyone waits until xmas eve to finish their shopping, right??!? i guess i am going to find out when i head to the mall aren't i????!?!?

i will be spending xmas with my DBF's family. they are generally healthy, but during the holidays they can go crazy... mashed potatoes with heavy whipping cream??? not the best for my plan i bet! so i will kindly make goood choices without making them feel bad. i hope!

in anticipation of the terrible eating i will do today i went to the gym for like 3 hours yesterday! not sure if that is good for you or not.... but it was fun! (i'm not crazy.. my DBF is a lifeguard at a Y and i went to work with him and worked out while he worked! see... not crazy at all!) so i will keep all that work in mind while we're sitting at the dinner table!

i think my COD is open today, so i should go and check in between my shopping! i will keep you all posted! have a very very happy holiday and be POP!

Michelle
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  

Michelle - this is the first year in a very long time that I am not out shopping on Christmas Eve! I have ALWAYS shopped on Christmas Eve, usually because that's the way my paycheck would fall! And each and every year, I say I'm not doing this again, and that I will start shopping in January and never do. I actually just finished my shopping 2 days ago.

Have fun!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #7  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Michelle- I just finished my shopping yesterday and for the past 5 years it has been that way. So, I would say that it is completely normal.

I went to WI today and was down to 189. We stay home on Christmas day and my parents come over so I should be able to stick to plan tomorrow. Although, I must say I didn't do bad yesterday. We had Christmas at my parents and I made macaroni and cheese for the whole family and fresh green beans and squash the way I can eat it. I made enough for the whole family and told them it had no salt and to please add it on their plates. I had leftovers to bring home. I was not surprised there was a lot of food there and I almost caved in. My family is real understanding when I tell them I will cook certain things so I can eat them. I have been on so many diets they are used to it.

I hope that everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #8  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Merry Christmas, everybody! Our kids were both in our bed this morning by 4:45, but we were able to hold them off until 5. Then they burst into the living room and the fun began! It was loud and crazy and wonderful. I've cleaned up the rubble left over and they are now playing quietly with their toys. DH took DS outside for a little while to try out his new bike. Now DH is out running 4 miles in this cold!

I'm in the middle of packing to go to our parents' - DH's mom lives just 3 miles from my parents, so we will stay a few days and visit everyone. I don't intend to be POP while we're there. I will enjoy what I want to, but much more in moderation than in years past. I made over half of the food for my mom and dad's - we always do finger foods - and substituted low-fat or fat-free where it was an option, so I've already made healthier choices. Of course, there's not much you can do to lighten up Oreo balls (a pack of Oreos and a block of cream cheese in the food processor until smooth. Form into balls, refrigerate until firm, dip in chocolate. Make embarassing noises while eating them!). But I took a lot of fat and calories out of several old favorites.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #9  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning and Merry Christmas! DS is still in bed! I am trying to get back on track! I think I have gained around 3 or 4 pounds! :O My plan has had absolutely no structure for about 5 days. I am supposed to WI tomorrow and I am going to get a major chewing out! I think I may wait and WI on Friday and give myself a couple days to recover.... Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #10  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Merry Christmas all. I am with Kimberly, I have also gone off plan the last few days... I am up 3 on my scale. UGH. I go to COD to w/i on Thurs and Friday, hope to see a decrease in the scale by then. Ah well, I have weight loss weeks for 4 more weeks after this one. We'll see what happens the next month. Now, I'm off to my grandparents for dinner (lunch) - roast beef for sure, I am taking a relish tray and the pumpkin pudding (thanks Lynn) so there are some things that are good for me!
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #11  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Merry Christmas!!! It's a little weird to wake up on Christmas by myself... my family moved to Nevada and I'm in California all alone! Okay I'm not alone, but I think I need to get married soon so I have someone to open gifts with in the morning! Sorry for that... I'm done whining.

Had dinner with my DBF's family last night. It was surprisingly health as far as i could tell. Had the most delicious spinach salad and ham... and some Russian Salad i think it's called.. so good! I didn't feel too bad after dinner. Even dessert wasn't bad!

However, today I am having dinner with my BFF and her family friends. She was telling me about some pumpkin ball thing covered in milk chocolate that is covered in white chocolate... i didn't get it, but it did not sound OP! Whatever, it's the holidays!

Hope everyone has a very blessed and happy day! Take care and be safe! (And stay POP! )
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #12  

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #13  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

After the post earlier, I felt extra guilty, so I went for a jog. And I was closer to being on plan today than any day this past week! I had 2 bites of carrot cake (carrot is a veggie right? jk) and I had a couple pieces of Russell Stovers SF candies. I had a Tbsp each of mashed potatoes, stuffing, and I had about a cup of green beans and a lot of turkey (no skin). So I feel like I did very well considering the rampage I have been on (and TOM being here didnt help at ALL)... I also got in about a 20 minute workout, (would have been 30 but I almost threw my back out, can anyone say SCIATIC NERVE??)

The good news is I have to work the next three days and I almost always stay on plan while I am at work because everything is pre-planned...Speaking of planned, I better go cook my breakfast! I feel some HLW is in order for tonight! Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and I hope you all with me plan on getting back on track (if you fell off our wagon! lol)
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #14  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All and Welcome back to work! Hope Santa was good to everyone.

I had a very good Christmas. I really enjoy being with Family and Friends during the holidays. I have out-done myself on the eating though. We won't go into that; and I still have 2 more dinners to go to (tonight and Friday night). Does it ever end?

My goal is to get back on track as much as possible over the next few days, but enjoy myself at the dinners. I will re-focus on the 31st and of course I am avoiding the scale. I should probably step on it to give me a shock so I do'nt over do it at the next two free-for-alls.

Congrats to you that were able to stick to plan!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #15  
Amy

Good morning guys! I hope everyone had a great CHristmas! I sure did!

Dan, I too went over te top with spending. Each year I say I am going to cut back...

Kimberly et al, don't worry about sliding off the wagon. I am sure we all did it one way or another! I sure did! We'll all be back on it within a few days and losing!

Hope you all have a great recovery day today!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote