Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #1  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Exclamation Weekly Weigh-In Thread (Dec. 24-30)

Okay... I have never started a thread, so I thought I would since I'm around and tons of others are off being jolly and merry and all of that! (hope you don't mind Amy!)

This should be a good way to be accountable today and tomorrow! Post your weight BEFORE Christmas dinner, and then AFTER! That will definitely keep me from having that second piece of dessert! Good luck everyone and Happy Holidays!

(I'm not sure where I am right now, so I will post it later! )
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #2  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

So I had WI on Sat. And I was at 189! I am out of the 190's so excited! We will see what the holiday brings.... hahah!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I'm back to 196.6
However, I now have a digital scale, so hopefully I can see the numbers declining again!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michie View Post
Okay... I have never started a thread, so I thought I would since I'm around and tons of others are off being jolly and merry and all of that! (hope you don't mind Amy!)

This should be a good way to be accountable today and tomorrow! Post your weight BEFORE Christmas dinner, and then AFTER! That will definitely keep me from having that second piece of dessert! Good luck everyone and Happy Holidays!

(I'm not sure where I am right now, so I will post it later! )
Hi Michie and everyone else,
Two cautions about looking at your weight after your holiday meal. If you are not cooking the meal, there will probably be more sodium that you normally have and your weight can be up from sodium even though you made excellent food choices.
Secondly, if you are like me and have to eat your big holiday meal in the afternoon, don't expect your weight to be the same or down the next morning. I have to push most of my food exchanges to that evening meal to stay OP. Usually my evening meal is P, 3V, but for my Christmas meal, I saved 1 1/2 P, 3V, 3S, and 2Fats so I expect the scale to be up the next day just because I ate so much at the end of the day.

The very important message here is that you should not be upset if your weight is up temporarily.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
So I had WI on Sat. And I was at 189! I am out of the 190's so excited! We will see what the holiday brings.... hahah!
Congratulations Cecil. I remember how good it felt for me to be out of the 190's. Keep it up!!!!!!

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #6  

Wow Lynn.. I haven't given what I need to save for dinner a thought! You are so POP right now! I don't know what we are eating, so I think I'll just go easy on everything until then... maybe eat a Luna or two and some fruit??? I'll see!

And I totally hear you on the sodium weight! Gaining is inevitable, but don't let it be an excuse to sit around and eat more! Do your holiday thing and then go to the gym in a few days.... to even things out, ya know???
Old 12-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #7  
Cecilia

Thanks Lynn! I appreciate it!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by michie View Post
Wow Lynn.. I haven't given what I need to save for dinner a thought! You are so POP right now! I don't know what we are eating, so I think I'll just go easy on everything until then... maybe eat a Luna or two and some fruit??? I'll see!

And I totally hear you on the sodium weight! Gaining is inevitable, but don't let it be an excuse to sit around and eat more! Do your holiday thing and then go to the gym in a few days.... to even things out, ya know???
I am pushing very hard and in my "mental weightloss zone" as I call it. I am near the finish line..... This is my perspective, but when I am eating at someone else's house even if I don't know what is being served - I eat what I have saved and that is it..... My reasoning is that I want my body to stay in the fat burning zone because otherwise it takes my body a while to convert back to the fat burning status.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Old 12-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Michie, just stay away from the starches and you'll be fine. Last year when I was losing, I was down 3 pounds at both Thanksgiving and X-mas. If you stick with the protein and the salad you won't be totally thrown off.

I'm not going near a scale anymore, but this mornings body fat percentage was 24.8%. Up from last week's 24.5%, but seeing with the week I've had and the amount of off plan eating I've done that's nothing short of a mircale.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #10  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #11  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,

I went to WI today and am down to 189. So, I'm right there with you Cecil. I know that it feels good. Congratulations!!!

I was just hoping for no gain considering the bacholorette party Friday and all the butter and sauce they cooked with and then I didn't get all my food in yesterday.

I am so happy and hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #12  

Weigh in today, 12/27 - up .4. I consider this to be water retention.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Lowest weight 12/19/2007 - 138.8
Old 12-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #13  
Cecilia

WI and mesurement today 190.4 up 1.4 ugh! Hopefully I will be back down sat. Althought I am not sure that is possible since it's my bday tomorrow I think I will be indulging in Sushi and Liquid fruits and starches. Yeah! Ha ha! After New years everything will be back to normal. Can't wait! My measurement said I had lost 11.25 inches. That's pretty good!

Last edited by cecil; 12-27-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #14  

12/27/2007- 235.4

I am back down to where i was before the blasted holidays... now i have to go from there and keep it off! Hope everyone is having a great day and staying POP!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #15  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

I weighed in yesterday and was down to 188.4. I was so happy was just hoping for no gain. I weigh in again tomorrow and get measured next week. I can't wait.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote