Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Default Soy Meat??

Good morning everybody! I have a little translation problem so here I am again asking for your help.
I recently started eating soy meat, the point is I donīt know how you call it in english, I mean, in Fitday I tried entering "soy meat" and nothing appears, then I tried "Soy" and you get a LOTS of results, all the way from soy beans to soy oil. I tried soy burger which seemed kind of similar, but when looking at the nutritional values they are very different, specially in the fat part ( the package says it has less than half of what fitday says). I know I can make a custom food, but I try not to do that because then all the mineral and vitamin values donīt match, and itīs always good to learn a little more english lol!

Thanks
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Rafaella, I'm not really much help, because I enter mine as a custom food. None of the entries match closely enough to what I purchase.

Fitday does have some entries that might match for you. Look at these entries:
  • "Meat substitute, cereal- and vegetable protein-based, fried"
  • "Ground beef with textured vegetable protein, cooked"
  • "Vegetarian meat loaf or patties (meat loaf made with meat substitute)"
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Tks Jtammy! I checked the options but they are not even close to my soy meat, so Iīll go ur way and customize it! CONGRATULATIONS on ur big big loss!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Try entering the brand name. Fitday has some Morningstar Farms products in their database. That's the kind of soy "meat" I buy.

We don't really have a particular name for it in English. In our house, we refer to the various products as "fake-un" (the soy bacon), veggie burgers (the vegetable patties), chick nuggets (the soy "chicken" nuggets), soy crumbles (or, as my husband lovingly calls it, "fake meat"), etc.

Hope that helps!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote