Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default LAST LC WEEK B4 CHRISTMAS CHAT: 12/17 thru 12/23

Howdy-Do LC'ers?

Guess I'll start us up for this last full week b4 Christmas - and start myself up in the process!

Planning on having a "cleansing day" - the plan is lots of water & green tea to flush these evil toxins I loaded the bod with over the looooong weekend.

Was Posting in last week's Thread - gonna see if I can copy it over to here . . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

VOILA:

OMGosh bouncie - I'm laughing so hard I can't BREATHE! (Monitor is covered in 1/2 mug of coffee - 'Revelations to cheer me up' got me!!) Gosh, I've missed your Posts!

And diva . . . I'll show ya how supportive us LC'ers can be: Please Post any and all Making it Thru the Holiday Tips to my freakin' FOREHEAD immediately!!! Couldn't hurt (much) and bound to help.

SOMETHING needs to help - Geeez Louise - I'm in a "full-on" something - wish I could say it was just chocolate but at this point it's EVERYTHING!

I'm gonna blame it on the "Robin - A Still Life Study of Marshmallows" and let it GO!

WTH ya at lilybelle & ladyadnerb?????

Wonder if the emoticons will work?

Shout Outs to beachie & fittie & lauraO & jerseygirl & puncie & mothermavis & all our other lc'ers!

Let's have a Great Week!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new,just trying to get just 1-lb off to get something on my Dec ticker.

Diva-Just ignore those stupid people you gave them good advice and if they don't take it,that up to them. I read the post, and I thought they were out of line. The only 3fc boards I go to are l/c & counting calories. Sorry about what happened to you at Walmart,I remember those days of TOM but hes not left me many moons ago.

ROBIN-Good luck:cross: on induction part of the WOE I know that I can't go that low on carb anymore. I'm going to go back to low carbing after the holiday but will add more carb back[35-50] instead of the 20 carbs that induction calls for.I agree where are the original posters, Like Brenda,Lily &_________.I can't think of her name or user name.There we're alot of us when I joined 2 years ago.

Bouncing-We all have bad days or even weeks,but whatever DON"T LEAVE US. You can get back,to OP again, I think that Christmas is more stressful than Thanksgiving. At least its that for me. I don't dare look at the scale,going to wait until I go down to NY this Friday to know my Dec. challenge results. Love listening to music,it calms the inner beast.

AUD-You'll survive this holiday madness,with food,we all will. I'm having hot chocolate and coffee to keep me warm.I don't use marshmallows but I do use cool whip instead. Thanks Aud[Ladyaderb] thats the name I was thinking of. Thanks for starting us up for this week I just found the tread by going onto the old one.

Have a great afternoon

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I cant stay on induction for a long time anymore either, but its good for a week to get the sugar cravings under control.

Ok, so a few of us from a networking group, started a new brainstorming group, which meets every other monday. Well today was our first meeting at our new location. An Irish Pub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crap!! How do you stay low carb in an irish pub?!?!?! Maybe I'll work a cheat day in every other week

Today wasnt 100% but it was better than most.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:40 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

Corned Beef & Cabbage?
Michelob Ultra Light with a water chaser?
Beef Jerky?
Pickled Eggs? (YUM!)
Giant Dill Pickle?
Trusty Pork Rinds w/ Hot Sauce?
My recommendation, robin?
MORE Mich Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good advice for both me & diva - beachie - TX!

Feeling very cleansed . . . very healthy . . . very OP . . . gotta remember this GOOD feeling!

BRING IT ON TUESDAY - I'm READY!

Last edited by aud; 12-18-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #6  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good morning everyone.
Beachie, thank you so much for your kinds words and support. They really did hurt my feelers over there and I ended up just deleting the dang post. I'm over it now. Maybe the TOM had something to do with my being extra sensitive? I dunno...
TOM cramps totally kicked my butt yesterday, but so far so good this morning. I can't believe I had to scrape ice from the INSIDE windows of the truck this morning! It's freaking 19 degrees out there! brrrrrrrrrrr..... This southern gal isn't used to this, but what an great excuse to wear my fancy coat and stuff hehe!

Baking more cookies today and I seriously doubt I'll stay OP today but yanno, I'm not going to beat myself up. I am getting a gazelle or a treadmill for Christmas and can totally refocus after the holiday's. Until then, nibble in moderation right?

Anywho, I got anudder tip in my email I want to share. I posted it just like this below in the BL forum here @3FC with my little discliamer, hehe

DISCLAIMER: Below copy & paste job are the words of Jillian Michelas emails and NOT from ME. DO NOT Shoot the messenger. In the words of my mama, if ya don't have anything nice to say, DON'T say anything at all. Thank you and have a nice day.

BY:Jillian Michaels

Slow and Steady
Remember the fable about the tortoise and the hare? The hare got off to a zippy start and seemed sure to win the race. But he didn't, did he? The tortoise, while naturally much slower than the hare, kept moving steadily towards the finish line and was able to cross first.
What's the take-home message of this fable? Slow and steady wins the race. To reach your weight-loss goals, you need to switch from the hare's to the tortoise's mindset. In other words, you must break the "all or nothing" mentality.

Do you start diets with superhuman resolve — determined to eat right and work out seven days a week without fail — only to fall off the wagon and give up hope?

This kind of approach to anything — especially to your health — can be very tempting, and may even feel motivational. But I'm telling you right now that it's a dangerous approach that will only set you up for failure. Human beings are imperfect. It's inevitable that you will eventually skip a workout or give in to temptation, and you'll feel like a failure and want to give up entirely — i.e., trade the all for the nothing.

So, start thinking like a tortoise. Pace yourself. Allow yourself to have a slice of pizza or take a day off now and then; just don't stray too far from the path that will lead you to your goals.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe what a beautiful sunny day we're having,after the lousy weather we had over the weekend. Going out to get last min. stocking stuffers for the kids.

DH went to the barbers to get his hair cut and I'm heading for the beauty polar to get mine trimmed & styled.

Our DD & Son haven't seen us since last May and we want to look presentable when we visit,not like we are looking now,all worn out and feeling old.

Nothing new,just getting ready to leave for NY on Friday. Baked some cookies,but left some only except for the biscotti. I love them with my decaf coffee.

ROBIN-You do the best you can do,you can't ask anymore of yourself. Starting today I low carbing but to a certain instant. I have my Frank & bean pizza[recipe] tonight for supper. I agree a cheat day, is the best. I do that on W-I day[Saturday],and than I start all over again on Sun.

AUD-That what we're here for to help one another,get down to our weight goals and become maintainers once and for all.

DIVA-YOUR ALWAY WELCOME TO MY SUPPORT. I love baking cookies cupcakes,etc. not as like I used to do[kids in school],but now its just DH & me,and I like the salty snacks better. TG I don't have to face TOM anymore I had alot of problems when he was around. I eventually had to get a hysterectomy,and than my weight charts went off the walls.I was 129 at 52 and now I'm 163. Thanks so much for posting that e-mail.Jillian makes a lot of sense. I'm going to copy and paste it to my folders for future use.I have not idea why those other 3fc are so upset. Stick with us,we'll all work together to get thought this holiday and into the new year.They only thing that is upsetting me is to look at my home ticker and I'm the same weight I was Last Jan. YIKES!!!So with all the loses & gain this year I still remain the same. NOT GOING TO GIVE UP THERE MUST BE A RAINBOW AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL.

Have to go, have a nice morning

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-18-2007 at 10:34 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

W/I yesterday and am back up to where I was at Halloween - but this tortoise ain't letting it get me down either diva! My clothes from Halloween are still falling off me so know that I've made great strides in the "inch" dept!

We're having a warm up here - all the snow is melting and it's slicker than owl poop out. Got my groceries for the week & some for baking stuff for over the weekend. BusyBusyBusy . . .

I've stopped thinking of OffP food as a reward . . . gonna reward myself in other ways - and was just thinking of finding a hairdresser (we're on the same wavelength beachie!) I can STAND - a problem ever since I've moved here 9 yrs ago. Don't want the relatives to see me looking this crappy - AND - has NO CARBS!

I've PILED on the weight since TOM left me a year and a half ago . . never thought I'd miss him, but menopause sucks as well.

Women . . . a lifetime of sucky cycles.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

PS to puncezilla: Hope you'll update us soon about your cousin. Still gotya in my prayers girl!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
aud:
We're having a warm up here - all the snow is melting and it's slicker than owl poop out.

Okay you totally owe me a new keyboard! I've never heard that expression before and believe you me, I thought I had heard them all being from the South and all, lol! You are such a trip.

So I see you are 46. Maybe that means I only have 6 more yrs of suffering this TOM crap? But then menopause sucks too? It can't be as painful as these cramps can it? Please tell me no piain is involved.

I made a comment about the football players and how hard they get hit and how hard they fall and said to my man, I don't know how they do it. If I landed like that I'd be broke, so he say's "that's because we are men"...I was like Okay, have a baby! LOL! He shut up.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

If I landed like that I'd be broke, so he say's "that's because we are men"...I was like Okay, have a baby! LOL! He shut up.
They are always so tough, until you really put things in perspective for them.

I was thinking I might really enjoy a guiness every other week, at my girls night meetings at the irish pub. I think that just might be alright. As long as I stay away from the desserts, and all the other goodies they have.

Today wasnt 100%, buy it was still good. I think Im ready for a full induction day........I always have to work up to this.

Have a nice evening ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

My dh comes from several generations of "country" diva - 'slicker than owl sh$t' must be a family phrase I picked up . . . LOL remembering a meeting at work when mgmt made some kind of gloomy-shocking announcement - during the stunned silence I used another of dh's favorites: "Well that went over as well as a turd in the punchbowl, didn't it?" Shoulda seen their faces b4 we all busted out LOL!

I am soooo guilty of the 'all or nothing' approach to . . . just about EVERYTHING - eating included.

Work in progress.

Tonight is the Christmas Ham Party everywhere at work - I'm bringing cheeses to two of them (I represent 240 folks - so that's like 14 parties) . . . everyone will be bringing covered dishes to accompany and mega desserts. May "eat" these words later, but not feeling particularly tempted.() Plan on lots of ham/cheese/salad so won't feel "deprived here @ 222lbs - LOL!

How's your Wednesday going LC'ers?

It's Hump Day & PAY day for moi . . . can't wait for the week to be over (as usual) - making lists & checking them twice - $ is tight this year - hoping do most of my Christmas Shopping Saturday & then relax Sunday on my birthday - 47 whopping years. Menopause isn't particularly painful, diva - physically that is . . . just has been a nightmare roller coaster of emotions/changes. Hard to describe - I miss the relief that my period would bring from the PMS feelings, ya know?

Hit me early - everyone (Mom & Sisters were in their 50's) so not sure if my experience was different.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #13  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
They are always so tough, until you really put things in perspective for them.

I was thinking I might really enjoy a guiness every other week, at my girls night meetings at the irish pub. I think that just might be alright. As long as I stay away from the desserts, and all the other goodies they have.

Today wasnt 100%, buy it was still good. I think Im ready for a full induction day........I always have to work up to this.

Have a nice evening ladies!
Hello LCers. I am new to this board, new to the place in general. I have been posting a little over at the diabetes board and I am ready to join in with the LCers as well.

I think I'll just jump in and join in because the word Guinness made me stop and pay attention. i loved nothing more than a Guinness. I must admit I was a big drinker. Since I have started my lc journey in march of 2006, I have not had the pleasure of enjoying a Guinness. Maybe, I am too hard core for some. For some reason the things I couldn't do my whole life, I am doing now. I am staying away from things I love. I love Beer, Guinness being one of the ones I enjoyed the one. I still have a beer or two on occasion but I can't really justify the Guinness. To be honest with you, I don't even know how much carb is in one. But I do know that a miller light or similar type beer has 3.2-5. Now I am going to go find out. Ok, it ranges 10-17 depending on the type of Guinness.

Oh, I am not judging by the way. Envy is more like it, I guess. Maybe one day, I can save all my carbs for the meal on the guinness.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #14  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Good Morning LC'ers!

What a day I had yesterday. I posted over in TBL thread if ya wanna go read up. OMG, so glad it's over.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...24#post1966024

I didn't even get in 1000 calroes yesterday, I think it was like 800 or something... Anywho, have lots to do today so I'll be back and forth.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

bluex & to you on your LC Success!

I noticed you said that "for some reason" you don't do the things you used to do . . . that's kind of where I'm at on my own journey . . . for some reason I've got the mind set that "indulgence" in high carbs is not a "reward" (all for lack of better words) but actually kind of a "punishment" - realizing for some reason that those things are hurtful for the things I want to accomplish, ya know?

It's still very difficult - after a lifetime of equating carb loading as a "friend" - I've also had to realize that I do have that 'all or nothing' personality so very difficult for me to have 1-2 LC beers (or a bite of this or that) w/o going "all out."

Have had more success than failure this time around and for that I'm thankful. Would love to hear some of your experiences so hope you will chat along with us! There are usually more chatters . . . I think the time of year has got everyone super busy.

Shout-out to faithful chatters beachie & diva!

Would love to hear from our other LC'ers -esp. punce with news about your cuz condition-to see how we're all faring thru this busybusy week!

SO glad it's THURSDAY -- only ONE MORE night shift til I'm off for the Holidays - can't WAIT!