Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 04:39 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again........#163

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 04-29-2002, 05:55 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hey guys!

Hello everyone. It is such a nice day outside today. There was a tornado watch yesterday for several hours and it was really crappy outside, but today God has painted the sky a beautiful baby blue with plenty of white fluffy clouds. It is gorgeous outside. Almost makes me wish I liked the outdoors! I'm doing better about it though. So now, to catch up:

2cute: I said a prayer for you today. I am so glad that you are ok. What would we ever do without you? I know that you probably feel absolutely awful. I have been in a car wreck too. A taxi cab ran a red light going downhill, in the rain and slammed into the right front corner of our car. I, did not have on a seatbelt, and as a result, hit my head on the windshield and busted it open and blacked out. I had to be taken out of the car by the fire dept. on a board with a neckbrace on. My husband and children were fine. They all had seatbelts on. I hurt and ached for days and carried around a nice set of black eyes for about a month. The car of course, was totaled. Thank goodness you are alright. Although I have never seen you face to face, (and someday I hope to) I love you, and the thought of not having 2cute around to kick my butt when I need it, is a real depressing thought. I am thankful that God spared a life (both of yours), He must have known how important you are and how much you mean to so many. And I am soooo proud of you for not turning to food over this, because it would have been real easy to.

Baylee: You are a hoot girl! You don't know how much I needed that laugh. What a precious find you are! Thanks for the post! I just read further down the post and saw you had a 9 lb. loss last week! You go girl! You are the bomb! Let's say it together.....Baylee....Baylee....Baylee!!!!

Michelle: How much strength I gather from you! I thank you so much for my PM. It meant the world to me. I haven't responded to it yet, but I will. I'm trying the best I can to catch up on the thread right now. I do want to tell you how much your posts mean to me though. You are such a sweet and inspiring person and you always make me laugh. Thanks so much for being the wonderful person that you are and lifting up the shoulders of someone who has been dragging lately. I hope you know I will be there for you if you ever need me.

Lucky: Thanks again for the words of support. It is our job to be here for one another and I am sorry I fell down on my job lately. How is your weather doing?

Kat: How sweet are you? Thanks so much for the words of kindness. It's really hard for DH to understand why I struggle so much with my weight, because he's never really had a problem with his, but he does try his best. It means the world to me to be able to come here and talk to you guys and have you talk back to me and kick my butt when I need it. Thank you Kat for being a wonderful friend.

Jen: We all know what it feels like to give up, but remember we will never give up on you. Please come back to us and post.....you'll never know how much posting and talking with this wonderful group of people has done for me this week. I couldn't have made it without them. We are here for you.......never doubt it.

Theresa: Happy 4th anniversary at work! What color of flowers did you get? I know you haven't been here long......but that really doesn't matter. You have been where we have been and still are and that makes us family. Thank you so much for your inspiring words. They were so sweet. I look forward to getting to know you much better.

Thin: Thanks girl for the words of encouragement. I know I can always count on you. Are you still as busy as usual or have you got to slow down a little bit and smell the flowers? And me and George (Foreman) have a love affair too.......I've worked that boy so hard, I may just have to trade him in for a new model!!

Malia: The description of the fair you went to sounded absolutely awesome! How I would love to be able to see something like that. And you gave me such a warm picture of you in my head......I can almost picture you sitting there with your book and cocoa......staring out at your secret garden. It sounds absolutely beautiful.......Thanks too for the words. I appreciate them. And congrats on the dress....I bet you look absolutely stunning.

Mary: The vegetable garden sounds great. We already have ours planted. We will have squash, onions, potatoes, lettuce, cabbage, radishes, cucumbers, peppers and okra. I am so excited. I don't think there is anything better than walking out into the back yard and gathering up your own vegetables for dinner!

Well guys, I think I posted to everyone and if I missed someone, I am truly sorry. I have been on here for over an hour now, but it was time well spent. I would also like to let you know that I have been OP all day today AND I did my walking video tape this morning. I'm not overdoing it.......but I have inched a little upward today instead of slipping.......and I know I have all of you to thank. You are the family I've always wanted. You are all so very precious to me. Take care and I will try to hop back in tonight.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:09 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

I'm baaack again!!

I don't have anything to say...Just wanted to pop in and say HI!

Have a great night! Michelle
Old 04-29-2002, 06:50 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! WI (not Wisconsin) went very well this morning. I am down 4#'s!!! Woohoo! Here's my happy dance. It worked out so well that I think I will try once again to journal on paper, instead of just in my head this week and see if it helps even more.

I had lunch with a friend today. I was a good girl and ordered a HUGE grilled chicken salad. I did fall prey to 2 awsome buns, but dang they were good! NO! They were not on some guy! Get your minds out of the gutter! Just count 'em and move on, right????

Then it was a stop at Walmart and put 2 bags of my favorite PB Cups in my cart. And then it happened: You were all sitting on my shoulders (dang it was crowded ) and I put them both back! Thank you, thank you, thank you all for being there for me.

I don't remember who mentioned about the Pria bars, but I did get one of each flavor of those. The chocolate peanuty one is pretty good for 2 points. I looked at them at my local Meijers and they were $1.19 each, Walmart was 68 cents. 1/2 price, Go figure!

Speaking of prices, I was in Meijers the other day and I was looking through the diet section and they now carry a whole line of low carb stuff as well as the sugar free and reduced calorie stuff. Well, I had already picked up a pound of 'normal' spaghetti for 69 cents in the other aisle but the low carb pound of spaghetti was $4.99. I couldn't believe it. Are these companies making alot of money on all of us.....or what????

Gotta run. Honey's home and dinner's ready. Spaghetti tonight. See ya all later.

"The growth of true friendship may be a lifelong affair." - Sarah Orne Jewett
Old 04-29-2002, 07:19 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Hi...I'm back...actually feeling a little better...I cleaned the upstairs today (kid's rooms and small bathroom) I really only vacuumed my daughter's room, she had done most of the tidying...my son's room was a total disaster area...mostly clean clothes all over the place...I've been waiting for him to do it and waiting and waiting...I figured this LAST time, I will put everything away, get rid of the old stuff and sort summer and winter. He was in charge of putting away toys. He has NO excuse not to keep this up.

Well, I still haven't exercised yet...probably won't tonight, since I have to work... Tomorrow morning, back to Curves and a good long walk.

See y'all later...thanks for being here!
Old 04-29-2002, 07:31 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Ok now I have more to say! LOL

I had to give Andrew a bath and get him in his jammies...he is tired! And I had to throw a load of towels in the wash and I MADE myself hand a fold a basket of clothes before I could come back on here. I just have one basket to fold and hang and one thats folded and needs put away. I hate doing housework!

Hey I made a really good dinner tonight. I took a of of lean ground beef and cooked it with a thinly sliced onion and 1/2 c celery and then when it was cooked stirred in 2 -16 oz cans of bush's bbq baked beans or 1 28 oz can. Then pour it in a casserole dish or 1 qt pan and bake it at 350* for 30-35 minutes. It was sooooo delicious! I wanted more but I haven't figured the points on it yet but it was very filling...I had two slices of WW bread and the butter spray. I had 16 points left for dinner and didn't spend them all I am sure.

Thin..I mentioned the pria bars. They are so much better than the WW bars I was buying and cheaper. I bought 20 of them at Wal Mart when I was there. They sure help out when I have a chocolate craving or need something sweet. I love the peanut ones and the honey graham one has grown fondly on me too!

Tina...I am glad I can help you out! I know you are at your meeting tonight. But...do what I did. When I got on the scale last week and was UP...I just pretended that that was my first night on WW and that was what I weighed and I will lose it as I go each week. Forget about any gain...don't even look at it like that! Just start fresh!! We can do this together! I am actually looking forward to getting on the scale this week even though it is a little scary!

I have to get the baby boy to bed now...so I will say hi to everyone else and catch up with you all tomorrow morning! Have a great night!

Michelle
Old 04-29-2002, 10:33 PM   #7  

Well girls, I got my roses today. They are beautiful...white, and pink tipped. Couldn't have been a better color choice. Pink is my favorite!!

I don't want to bring any of you down, but I need to vent before I explode! I could also use some advice......As you know I've been in my job for 4 years, and I absolutely love my job!!! I work in sales support for a yellow page publisher. My job can be pretty stressful, yet can be very rewarding just knowing I'm helping out my sales people. That is the best part of the job. Now...for the tough part...my immediate manager is my sister-in-law (she was married to my brother that was killed in the accident), when I was promoted to sales support I vowed that I wanted people to know that I worked to get where I am in the company, not because of who my new boss is...and I have managed to do just that for the last 3 1/2 years!!!! My problem is it just seems that it doesn't matter hard hard I work, I am never the one to get the credit for it. I bust my butt to make deadlines, and to keep a positive attitude, but for what? I got the answer to that today when I recieved several very caring comments from my sales reps...One took the time to write me a heartfelt thank you for all I do for him.....BUT...(there's always a but), now that my evaluation is due, my manager (sister-in-law) has me feeling like I'm about to lose my job The big joke around the office when it's about time to go to the Vice President's office for your evaluation, or if he calls you in there for anything is..."Should I bring a box?" Of course meaning to pack your desk....well today I was having a super day up until I got my roses, and my manager read the note from my sales rep......after that she got very nasty and rude....I tried to break the tension by joking around with everyone in my dept. (there are 6 of us total)....Well I asked my manager, after I felt she had eased up a little of course,,,,"Well, should I bring a box when you guys get to my evaluation"...Her reply stabbed right through my heart....She said.."Maybe you should." What does this mean? Girls, I'm mad, I'm confused,I'm hurt, and I'm scared. You see...this job means a lot to me....Before I started working at my present job, I was TOTALLY disabled because of my weight(drawing Social Security because of it)...for 7 years, I couldn't even walk down my driveway and breath when I was done.....I started losing my weight, and when I finally got the confidence, and could breath when doing things, I went looking for a job....This company has been wonderful to me.....Now...I feel like I'm about to lose my best friend......This company cared enough to take a chance on me 4 years ago when nobody else would. (I had never done this kind of work before,,,I had always worked as a Nurse's Assistant).
When I was really losing weight and was down to 261 pounds the CEO actually took the time to stop and compliment me....Are they treating me this way because I'm gaining and back over 300lbs again? That's what it feels like. Or am I being paranoid and blaming my weight for my feelings? I am trying so hard not to turn to food, but I'm getting so weak.....those nutty buddy bars are calling my name.....I don't want to give in to them, but God, I am just feeling sooo weak Maybe this is a hint that I should start looking for something else? Maybe I should ask for a transfer out of the dept. I'm in? I hate to leave my sales reps...Why should I be the one that cares about my job? I just don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm sorry to be such a downer this evening girls...I really am!!! I didn't know where else to turn, then the next thing I know I am running to all of you. Now that I have soaked all your shoulders by crying on them, I better get off here......I think I'm going to go take a hot bath, and go straight to bed....I'm afraid if I don't, I will find my way into the kitchen....and we all know I DON'T need to do that.

Thanks for listening!!
Theresa
Old 04-29-2002, 11:10 PM   #8  

Hi everyone,

Theresa, here's a big {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} for you. Hang in there and please whatever you do stop negating what you do and are worth to your company. Go into your evaluation positive and exuding confidence and energy. Make a copy of the thank letter if you have to. And I wouldn't joke around your sister-in-law, she doesn't sound like she can take a joke. If it makes you feel better, make an appointment with her to clarify her remark. At least you'll have time to prepare. Best of luck.

Kat, correction I'm 39 years old. If I do sound youthful it's because I'm not married and have no children. I wanted a family and I guess I have to accept it may never be. Time flew by. I'm the poster girl for live for today and settle down tomorrow. You all are so fortunate to have families, but I appreciate what I have. It's my life after all.

Tina, you sound wonderful today. I loved reading your post.

Thin, weigh to go...pounds off that body...

If I have time I'll write once again. If not, goodnight.
Malia
Old 04-30-2002, 12:54 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everyone! Since it's 12:45 AM my time, maybe I'll be the first one to wish you all a good morning. The evening went well. I had my spaghetti as planned, made the guys garlic toast, but I refrained since I had the two great buns for lunch. Then this evening I had a piece of the pineapple angel food cake that I baked last night with a little FF Cool Whip. YUM!

Kat: I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you WILL be cleaning up after your son again......and again.......and again. It never ends.

Theresa: OMG! Sounds like your sister in law was having a bad day! PMSing maybe??? I agree with Malia, go into your evaluation positive and self assured. You've been doing your job and your reps like you. You should be fine. [[[[hugs]]]]

Michelle: I like to use the Morningstar Farms Crumbles instead of ground beef. And have you tried the Bush's Magic Chili. It's wonderful. 2 cans, a package of the crumbles, and a big can of crushed tomatoes and you have an awsome chili.

Malia: Your fair sounded lovely. The view must be exquisite. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. When we all come to Hawaii will you volunteer to be our tour guide???

Gotta run and get some sleep. See you all later.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:36 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Hello

I had no intention of posting again... but I just can't not post.

Tina... I have chosen to think that God has spared me because I am MEANT to be THINNER on this earth. LOL God wants me to witness heaven on earth.. not just the **** of obesity.
I plan on helping in that goal.
It is also so nice to see you inching back. Way to go girl !!!
In the past we would have just given up... see... you are learning... You are learning to NEVER give up.

Thin... those Low Carbs are high $$$$ now. I am sure they will come down when the new hype disappears. I remember when low fat was higher in price too. I am toooooo cheap to spend those high $$ on any foods. LOL. I use Chinese noodles for my spagetti. Just be sure to RINSE before adding. It is also best to make it the day before so the flavor of the sauce can soak in.
Congratulations on your 4lbs !!!! That is super.
I know if you Journal your food on paper you will get a loss again next week too.
You must have some pretty strong shoulders holding all of us their encouraging you. LOL
I liked the idea of counting those awesome buns... you did mean to count the Male buns.

Kat... how well I remember those days of cleaning my kids room so "they" could keep it clean. LOL. I was living in a dream world. LOL. I finally one week warned my kids... they had 3 days to get their rooms CLEAN... MY KIND OF CLEAN. If it wasn't.. I would box up anything on the floor and they would not get it back untill their room REMAINED clean for 5 days. It only took them missing their Favorite clothes one time before I made a believer out of them. LOL. I did not threaten to throw it out.... they knew I was too cheap to do that. Plus.... getting them back was the carrot I dangled in their face. (They didn't think I was 2cute then...LOL)

Michelle... You don't inspire just Tina... you are an inspiration to all of us. I also want to share that every time I see Andrews smiling face... I smile too. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Theresa... BLESS YOUR HEART. I know all about F.E.A.R.
False Events Appearing Real.
Don't put the cart before the horse.
Take it one day at a time. If you love your job.... be ready to fight for it... or at least defend yourself.
BUT... I cannot tell you how many times I have feared events that never came to be.
Be prepared to BRAG on yourself. It is stating FACTS.
But do it because you DESERVE IT !!!
It is funny you mentioned Nutty buddy. I had a box for my DH. It is funny how they can know your name. LOL

Malia... I sure thought your were married.
I learn something new everyday. LOL
Families and loved ones come in all sort of shapes and sizes.
I sure consider you family here.
Marriage does not guarantee you love or family... and family does not guarantee you happiness. You know the old saying... the grass is always greener on the other side.

Well friends... I STILL have not read thread #161 and only half of 162 so I have to go read them before they are found in the history section. LOL

Hello to everyone I missed. I mainly just hit those who have posted in this thread.
Oh yes... one more day under my belt. This makes 8 full days.!!
See ya !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-30-2002 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:03 AM   #11  

Okay... I have all the posts from this and the last thread printing NOW so by tonight I should have read and be ready to reply.

We are a gabby group (a good thing) so say a little prayer for me and the novel I will read today.....
Old 04-30-2002, 08:06 AM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!

My dear little baby boy was up at 4:30 this morning ready for his day to begin! Ugh!! I brought him in bed with us but he never goes back to sleep...I keep getting kicked in the chest! The alarm starts going off at 5:05 but the snooze alarm gets hit till around 5:30....Andrew just wasn't waiting for the alarm this morning! Oh well....he will have an early nap and hopefully I can get one too!

2Cute...Andrew is my life! I waited a long time to find the perfect daddy for him! I wish his picture was clearer. I will have to post a new one soon. He is growing so fast! As I type this he is sitting on the floor with a deck of cards trying to get them back into the box...}}}}}}}}}}}SCREAMING{{{{{{{{{{{{{ bloody murder when they don't fit right in! My little ANGEL!! NOT!!

Thin I've never tried the crumbles yet. I will have to get them and try that chili recipe! I am sure I went over points last night. When John got home around 8 I fed him and there was a little of that stuff left and of course I HAD to eat more it was soooo good! Anything that tastes that good HAS to be fattening!!!

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa...what can I say. You sound so much like I use to be!! 2Cute hit the nail on the head with>>>>>>>>
I know all about F.E.A.R.
False Events Appearing Real.

Please don't fret over some comment by a jealous boss. That letter she read just made her jealous! You should be proud of yourself and take that letter into your evaluation with you just in case you need some support. If you love your job why should YOU be the one looking for a new one? Just do the best you can and don't worry about what hasn't happened!

Kat you snuck in on me there last night! It took me so long to post that you just beat me to it! I have a son's room that needs a good cleaning...are you game? I promise after you clean it all up that I will keep it clean from now on!!

Tina my friend! Where arrrre you? I know you were at your meeting...come tell us it wasnt' as bad as you thought! Its a new beginning! For both of us!! Thanks for the support you give to me too!! You are such a sweetie!!

Well ladies...I am off to do something constructive like strip the beds and put clean sheets on them. And....I have one load of laundry to put away and one to throw in the wash and believe it or not....it will be all done...probably only till tomorrow though! It seems to multiply and have babies all over the bedroom floor! Hmmmm...gotta work on laundry control there!! Have a great day and be sure I will be BACK!

Michelle
Old 04-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Good Morning All.

What a difference a day makes! It's so bright and sunny here today, you can't help but be in a good mood! Still cool, only 51 degrees...we had a warm Winter, a cold Spring...God only knows WHAT summer will bring! (Hey! I'm a poet and I don't know it!)

I just came back from Curves...haven't been THERE since last week...it felt good to work the bod. Later on, I'm going to cut the grass, so that's more exercise for today!

I'm thinking I need some drastic dietary changes this week...I need a good jumpstart to speed up the "losing process" a bit. I was just reading over the "Fat Flush Plan," (again) and may have to give it a whirl. It's very restrictive on carbs and dairy (my favorites!) the first 2 weeks, concentrating on proteins, dark, leafy veggies, some fruit...I don't know, I just need a good jolt to get things back in high gear! I was contemplating starting WW meetings again, but a friend was telling me that they cut back the weigh in time to 1/2 hour, they're pushing the products like crazy and the meeting is just pure chaos anymore...I don't need to pay for that! I'll weigh in at Curves once a week and be done with it...must keep up wiwh journalling too...it REALLY does work!

Falling asleep here... be back soon!

ps... too tired to look for typos!gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggg
Old 04-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile Good Afternoon Friends

Hi friends.

Malia... ever since I found out you are not married you are CONSTANTLY on my mind.
I sometimes wish I could send you my husband...then you wouldn't feel like you are missing anything.
I am only half kidding... LOL ... he is a dear dear man ... but he can drive me NUTS !!! LOL

We are doing better. My husbands face is either getting better ... or .. I am getting used to it all banged up. LOL . He is still in a lot of pain. Much more than me. Our injuries were TOTALLY different which is funny since we both were in the front seat of the same car. But he was reclined back quite a bit relaxing ... and I sit straight up.
Enough about the wreck. See.. I have gone from an entire post to just one paragraph. LOL

I am going to get busy on this house today. It has been put on hold the last couple of days.
My food is GREAT !!!!!!! I am soooooo happy about it. Even my pants are getting loose again. They still fit ... but loose.
I am full of hope... and coming from the reigning Ms.Hopeless... that is good.

Tuesday Tip.... HANG IN THERE !!!!
When you reach the end of your rope ... just tie a knot and hang on.

Also ... keep legal foods readily available. I cannot tell you how much that has helped. If I would have had to cook something I probably could have fallen to those fast foods.
No, I am not talking about really fast foods ... like celery or apples. I am talking about those fast foods like candy bars, nutty buddies, McDonalds, etc.

And tip 3.... WATER !!!!!! WATER !!!!!! WATER !!!!!
It not only keeps you full ... it flushes you out. I know my loose pants are due mostly to loss of water retention. The more you drink. the less you retain. The less you retain ... the thinner you are.
Well friends... This "thinner" 300+ gal is off to be productive.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:14 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

I'm baaaack.....like a bad penny!

When Andrew went down for his nap I layed on the bed with a magazine and woke up when I heard him get up an hour and a half later! I needed that...4:30 in the morning is just way to early!

After I dropped him off at his daycare for the afternoon I went to Rite Aid to get my sale stuff with my coupons and to plug my rebate info into the computer. All those monthly rebate checks go into our savings for our vacation!! They sure do add up!

Hey Malia...I could send you my ex-husband and you would never ever want to get married! EVER! LOL But I am too nice a person to even wish that on someone else! I waited a long time for John to come into my life and my baby boy! It was well worth the wait! One day..you will have your wish too. I was 40 when I delivered Andrew and there are people much older than that having babies today! So don't ever give up!!

2Cute...I am glad you are feeling better and hopefully your hubby too! When you get done at your place...wanna come over and clean mine too??? I was going to go for a walk while Andrew was out but I think I better hang the clothes and put the rest away! I just HATE house work and this house is always a mess between Andrew, John and the dog! Mostly toys every where!

Kat its sunny and cool here too! I love the sun! Thats terrible about what your weight watchers meetings have turned into. Someone should call and complain! I have never been to a meeting where they promote their products...and I have been to many in my life time! Believe me!! In two different states too! You have the right mind set to get yourself going! And if you can weigh in at Curves why spend the extra money!

Lucky you snuck in on me this morning!! Now where are you?

Ok girls...I have a goal this year...unrelated to weight loss that is! When I lived in Rhode Island I had been wanting to go to Peddler's Village here in Lahaska, PA for the Teddy Bear Picnic. Its a teddy bear show of all handmade teddy bears. They have a parade and awards etc etc etc. I never made it from Rhode Island...something always came up or I couldn't afford it at the time...then when I moved HERE...I said I am going I am going...its in July every year. Well....I moved here 3 years ago and do you think I have been yet? NOOOOOO.....I had started making collectible teddy bears just before I left Rhode Island....and they have a bear making class the friday before the show...never made it! Well...this year I AM GOING COME HE*L or high water! I am sending in my $100 for the class which gets me two bear kits a continental breakfast and LUNCH! Its from 10 am to 4 pm July 12th....now...I am asking you to please don't let me forget to go that day! I know its a ways away from now...but I seem to forget so much lately! I already have my sitter lined up for that day too! I am so excited about it!

I did enough babbling for now! I will go do the clothes and get my boy and I will be back again! I get so excited when I see some posts here each time I come back! Can you tell I don't have a life since I stopped working! LOL

TTFN
Michelle
Closed Thread