View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
cbmare
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Mandalinn and Glory are right. I was searching for the right plan for me. I tried the low carb diet and my cholesterol numbers went up. I absolutely hated a low fat diet. I like to eat cheese. It's funny, now I don't eat much cheese. However, if you tell me I can't have something, I want it.

I finally settled on plain ole calorie counting. Because of the lovely "losers" on here, I discovered Fitday.com. It has been a God send. I log my food daily. I can track my weight there as well as enter my exercise.

As far as exercise, you will need it. I don't think there is a person on here who is at goal that doesn't continue to exercise.

What exercise should you do? That is totally up to you. You can join a gym, but you've got to make the promise to yourself to do it. I went to the library and rented all sorts of different exercise videos. I finally found Walk Away The Pounds (WATP). Now I have a library of them. I just didn't want to spend the money on them until I found something I liked.

You don't need to join a prepared meal program (Jenny Craig, etc) unless you want to do so. Since my DH, boobalah, & I enjoy cooking, I decided to "lighten up" our normal foods. It took boobalah about 6 months to come on board with that idea. Now he seeks ways to make food taste as full of that wonderful fatty flavor without all the fat.

You can do it. You just have to make the decision for yourself as to what will work for you. Good luck and welcome to one of the most supportive sites I've ever found.

Life does not happen in a vacuum. Lifestyle changes must transcend habits and routines. - thanks midwife.

Weight loss isn't linear and the body doesn't have a timetable. - thanks Glory87.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Last edited by cbmare; 12-21-2007 at 03:38 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote