Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face TBL Ongoing chat for Blue, Red & Black teams.

Hey everyone. It's a sad indeed as we are at the end of another wonderful Challenge. WTG and congratz to all your losers on ALL teams that have done so well. In the spirit of togetherness and continued support, I thought it would be nice if we had a chat thread for ALL of us to stay in touch and get to know eachother in between challenges. ONE thread for us all since I do believe that's how it'll be in the new year challenge. Who is with me???
Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I'm with ya, and I'll be back once finals are over tomorrow!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yep, I'm with you! We have exactly 5 weeks until the next challenge begins. I think we should rock the weight loss and bring in the new year on the right foot. Who's with me?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

As I sit here munching on carrot sticks, I am SOOOOOO with you. I have disappointed myself once again with this challenge and with all the Holiday temtations, I STILL need some support. Not to metion I would like to get to know members of the other teams better.

Last edited by Diva; 12-10-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I'm with y'all! Let's keep it up!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #6  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I'm with ya, and I'll be back once finals are over tomorrow!
Good luck with them finals girly!!!!

Did I tell y'all we have 70 degrees and sunny temps today? Sure doesn't feel like Christmas to me, I'm going to live with Mel with her 4 inches of snow! LOL! So not fair.

Anywho, on the Red team we were all doing differnt sort of lifestyles, some low carb, some Weight Watcher's, calorie counters and so on. We got to where we posted our daily menu's and exercise, so I guess if y'all want we can continue here as well. Up to you all. i won't hold it against anyone who doesn't because I can tell you right now, when I've had bad day's, I sure don't post my menu out of shameful embarrassment, lol!

BTW, I use Fitday to log my food and activities and I am trying to do a Low carb Atkins/Southbeach lifestyle. I find that I lose slow, but steady so long as I can keep the carbs below 150. I do admit to screwing up a lot though. Nov was my best month by far.

Good Luck everyone!

Here's today's plan:

B- Milk, cow's, fluid, 2% fat 1 cup
Special K (Fruit & Yogurt) 2 cups

S - Carrots, baby, raw about 8

L- 1 medium Stuffed bell pepper(ground beef) and Spagheti Sauce

S- 100 Calorie pack

D- Tuna salad with egg - enough to fill the bread.
Wheat Bread w/Honey- Earthgrains-Double Fiber 2 slices
lettuce

Totals

1355 calories
148 Carbs
83 Protien

Last edited by Diva; 12-10-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya Everyone!
Welp, ended this Challenge with a resounding THUD-- . . . wishing everyone all the best in the next 5 weeks and on into the next challenge - it's been so great getting to know everyone and I'll be following along on your/our journeys.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #8  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

thanks for starting this thread!
I ended the challenge with a 2 lb loss this week....takes me into the 170's..which is fabulous...but I am overall somewhat disappointed with my efforts over the last couple of months. I could have/should have done better...and I need to stop all of the 'little' cheats! Easier said then done!
Congrats to everyone for sticking with it, exercising more, loosing weight (however much), and being an encouragement to each other!!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Well it's 77 degrees here today and I'm loving this Indian summer in December! If it was this way all year long I'd be a very happy / skinny woman!

I woke up with a killer migraine this morning. I came to work and was all nauseated... then I got sick. Note to self: don't drink OJ when you feel like :

Thankfully that spell has passed and I'm all better. I got on the scale the other day and I was way up... like 8 lbs. I'm sad that I'm gaining... but I'm glad its not effecting the blue team. That would really hurt them for the final week. I'm hoping I can get back to 191 before the next challenge and that most of it is salt and water.

I can't wait to move in January! I've been looking at paint colors and loving the weekends I watch HGTV. I've decided on a light creamy color in the bathroom with a metallic gold ragging as a top coat. It's supposed to give the room a Roman bath feel, and if you know me, I love me some royalty feeling. My "fitness" room is going to be a green, cause thats the color of energy, so hopefully it'll give me some!

Oooo my favorite Christmas song is on... its Celebrate Me Home by Kenny Loggins. Not to Christmasy.... but its fun to sing in the shower.

Well I'm going to go review what I have to finish for physics and then work on the baby quilt I plan on selling. (It was supposed to be for my nephew but I didn't get it done in time and he'll be too big for Eeyore soon.) (PS: If anyone wants it let me know.)

I'll be heading out to buy the Biggest Loser's prize sometime this week.

PPS: Elvis - Blue Christmas is on now. <3 that song too Elvis rox my sox.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Ha! Chellez, we are doing some home improvements too. We redid the bathroom floor this weekend and will do the rest of the house slowly. J is putting down that Hardwood Floor looking Tile, and Light blue carpet in the Living room and bedrooms. In Jan we are painting the Bathroom a "Skyblue" with "ocean blue" doors and trim and the Kitchen is going to be "Iced tea" walls(we picked colors out @ Lowes), Wood stained cabinets and the brick looking Wallpaper behind the stove area! I can't wait!!!! It'll look like a new house! I am excited about shopping for new curtains and furniture pieces.

Last edited by Diva; 12-10-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #11  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone,
I will defiinitely be checking in here. I'm doing WW. I find it is better for me to post my menu the day after. I change snacks and meals based on how I feel that day. I had so much fun with this challenge. I lost myself a little bit along the way but overall I am extremely happy with my results. I hope to continue to lose throughout the 5 weeks we are on break. If I instead maintain that is fine too.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies. The black team already knows, but I recently got engaged and I'm getting married this spring. My official wedding date is May 30th. We're doing a destination wedding (eloping) in Hawaii. Obviously, I now have a very set date for my goal weight. 130 by May 30th. The next TBL wave will definitely be an important one. But, in order to be certain that it's not too difficult of a goal to reach, I HAVE to stay on the wagon over the holidays.

The last two days weren't good because I participated in a cookie exchange yesterday. I made 9 batches of cookies on Saturday night and my dinner ended up being licking the batter off of spoons, knives, my hands, etc. Then, I went to the cookie exchange where my dinner consisted of 2 mini quiche, 1/2 cup of taco dip, 5 mini egg rolls, about 3 cookies and tastes of a few others. THEN I had 5 more tiny pecan tartlettes (sp?) as dessert.

BAD, Amber, BAD.

But today has been very good. And, I'm supposed to be doing my Hustle Up the Hancock practice tonight. Yay for stair climbing.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies!

I was not in the last challenge, but am planning on participating in the next one. I just wanted to pop in to say hi! About a week ago, I started exercising more frequently. I was down 2 pounds this week which brings me back to my pre-Thanksgiving week. I've got a couple of Christmas parties this week, so it will be a challenge to stay on plan or get back on plan very quickly after my parties.

I'm excited about participating in the next challenge and getting to know you ladies better!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #14  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Karen! Glad to have ya with us!

Congratz Amber, I am getting married next yr too! July 5th and we are also doing it out of town. Definately NOT as glamorous as Hawaii, lol! But I hope it'll be a fun time nonetheless. I hope to be 50 lbs lighter by June when I go get my dress. I think that is the MOST last minute I can go because I soooo don't want to be fat and have bigup ugly arms when the dresses I seem to love are sleevless.

Is anyone running? I am going to train to do a c25k in the Spring, anybody else????
Old 12-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies - I just wanted to stop in quickly and say congrats to all on the challenge.

And... I'm done my undergrad!! YAHOOOO! I just got back from handing in my very last paper.