South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Beach Happenings

I need a coffee IV drip this morning! I slept deeply, but I didn't want to get up this morning. Only the thought that I have so much I want to get done and so little time to do it got me up.
Housecleaning is on the agenda this morning, along with starting dinner preps for tonight. Yesterday I was running behind and didn't have time to make Jake's supper. So I called him and left a message for him to pick up something for himself. Well, he never checked his messages and got home after a hard 10 hr. day to find there was nothing to eat. Poor guy! He heated up a can of soup and ate it with saltines. The man does not cook. When I came home at 8, he was looking pretty unhappy. I handed him his phone and sure enough, my message was there. His misfortune! Do I have him spoiled or what? Anyway, all is forgiven.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #2  

Default Tuesday Twitterings on the Beach

Rise N Shine my gawjus gals!!! is on!

How are our Snow this morn? I hope every one is dug out and toasty warm
LC: did you get your tree up and decorated?
Femme: How exxxciting for DD shes a mooovie star!!!!
ThinbyJune: How about a Friday weigh in... it might help you keep on plan over the weekends?
Schmmoodle: I hear ya on the dusting of knickKnackCrap... but my house looks so bare.. I put up my suncatchers in the windows and that made me smile! I was thinking of collecting blown glass... I like shiny bright things but dang on line browsing...them ornamentals are sure expensive! And my refrigerator magnet collection is now relagated to ziplocks since we bought this Stainless steel thing and they dont stick I think I'll buy a magnetic board for my office and stick em there....
Kara: for positive thinkin! I hope your records came in
Beachgal: I love that little cartoony smilie of the umbrella! Glad your party was a hit and your luminaries must make your home look so inviting! Are you snowed in too?
Pacer:Noah is a great name!
KO: We're heading back home to Joisey on Saturday for a week :brrr: I cant wait to see my MIL and my friends... A goil after my own heart I love internet shopping!!!!
Gonnabe 165: feel better jiffy quick--if the family is gonna get sick better before the holidays!
Kim: 2 Pounds is 2 less 2 goooo! I've got a Dyson Animal vacum cleaner and the thing is awesome --especially if you have pets and lots of fur a flyin!
Barb: OY it was kinda funny hearing about a diving board install when the northern girls are snowed in!
RubberDuck welcome to the dailys

Yesterday the invisible fence got installed so we started the training.. You bring yer dog up to the flags and their collars beep and you say no drag them back and praise them... on day 3 they get introduced to the "correction" which feels like a nasty shock when you rub your feet on the carpet and touch something... I'm not lookin forward to that at all.... I can hear the collar beep but DH cant... I think its a man thing since its high pitched... the pitch of a shrilly carpy naggy fishwife
ok goils have a super tuesday! fer all!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the frigid Northeast!
Apparently it's several degrees below zero out there !
Wonder if my car will start?!

Cottage - Hook me up to that drip too!

Schatzi - good luck to you and the pup.

I'm in plateau **** these days. I knew I'd have a few slow weeks when I dropped 4 lbs two weeks ago, but I didn't know the scale would just stall out. Grrrrr Tomorrow is our office party. We usually have really good food - everyone can cook. I have to decide what to make - something I can eat and enjoy so I don't feel deprived.

Stay warm out there!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 AM   #4  

Hey there, Schatzi! Thanks for putting a pot on, mine's almost gone! Cindy uses an invisible fence for her dogs, and it works great. You could dangle a nice thick steak over that line, and those dogs will not cross it! It must be quite a jolt. I'm glad us humans can't feel a thing.

Cyndi, a good dish to make is the Taco Bake. You can eat it hot or cold, with veggies to dip in it. Stay warm today, brrrrr!

The kitchen and bathrooms are cleaned, and I have the meatball casserole in the oven. Just some dusting and vacuuming, and I'm done. Maggie and I are meeting friends for lunch and shopping at a crafts store this afternoon. We want to get the makings for "reindeer feed" (oatmeal & glitter dust), and some bags that we can decorate to hold the "feed". Gotta take care of Santa's reindeer, too!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning..quickly checking in...running a little late..
Cyndi another idea is a crock pot full of chili, with sour cream, cheese, guacamole on the side?
Schatzi...about the movie star thing...she said if we are very lucky we MAY see the back of her head for one or two seconds. Not exactly her "big break"..but a little tiny step.

I just put a roast in the crock pot before I head out the door...off to the trenches..
Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Whatever happened to carrots, Linda? My parents used to take bites out of them after we'd gone to bed.

Hope your car starts, Cyndi! My dad used to have an old diesel Rabbit and he would plug it in at night during the winter. I remember it fondly.

Schatzi, I've been wondering about that Dyson animal vacuum. Good to hear you recommend it!

I've got the munchies tonight. Don't know why. I've been through a couple handfuls of cashews and a cheese stick and those cookies are calling out to me. "Eeeeeeat meeeeee...come over here and just take ooooonnnnneeeee..." I told Tom I wanted to eat cookies just to see his face so I wouldn't! I'll hold out, especially now that I've told you all.

Gotta go get ready for bed so I don't eat anything else!

Kara
Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

The west coast is finally getting a storm. I was starting to feel left out
It's supposed to be rainy an windy. Nothing in comparison to everyone else but I am ready for a little winter weather.
Cottage Have a nice lunch and Rudolph snack making session.
Schatzi Good luck with the puppy fence. I am changing weigh in day till Friday because even if it doesn't go well it'll still be Friday.
Cyndi I'm so sorry about your plateau. The good news is a plateau means no gaining. Stay warm.
Today should be a busy one at work with weather delays and corporate visitors. I'll never understand why people business travel this week of the year. I'd be afraid of getting stuck thousands of miles from home. Have a good day and stay warm everybody.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 12-18-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Cat! Have a good day!

Dawn, too! Talk about simulposting!!! Good luck mucking through the crowds!

Kara
Old 12-18-2007, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Femme
Good Evening Kara Great mnds think alike
Old 12-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good night, Kara, and good morning to the Western Hemisphere Chicks. Even the California Dreamers are up!

Yesterday was a gloriously sunny day but we are back to gray again this morning with snow in the forecast. I have a ridge of snow to shovel at the end of the lane and then I'm off to the gym. There was no way I could have gone there yesterday!

Nothing on the agenda today except yet more house stuff and some more pre-cooking for Christmas Eve. It looks like a constant stream of company from the 23rd right through to January 5 and I'll be kept busy changing the sheets in the spare room! I love it but it's going to be busy.

I need IV coffee this morning too.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks, lots of folks snuck in here while I was working! I did get up early, but I had to get some e-mails out. I've got to go to Quantico for a "meeting" this afternoon, but I think it's really a party since it's at a restaurant. I have to find out which restaurant so I can check out the menu online and see if I need to eat before I go (also so I know where to go!). DH is not happy because I gave DD and DS permission to each bring a friend home from school, and I won't be here. Well, I kind of got tricked - don't you hate it when kids are smarter than you are? The refrigerator repairman won't be here until tomorrow, so I'm keeping things in coolers and trying to keep stuff from going bad. Pain in the butt... The refrigerator is one year and 3 weeks old. Guess when the manuf warranty expired.
Going to sneak in a trip to Trader Joe's today, hooray! Just can't buy anything that needs to be refrigerated...
cottage, poor Jake! Bad wife! Shopping at a craft store sounds dangerous. I've got tubs of craft supplies around here, but no time for crafting anymore. I made a rule I can't buy anything else until I use up some of what I've got! I always make ornaments every year, but I haven't decided what to make yet this year.
Schatz, poor dogs!
Cyndi, just take a deep breath and be patient. That's what I'm trying to do!
Have a great day with the wet puppies, Cat! I'll bet they are not very focused this week.
Hope you can hang tough, Kara. That's why I don't want any cookies around her until the last minute. I know they would be tormenting me, and the way things have been going lately, I just don't think I could resist.
Thinby, that's a great plan for weigh-in. I weigh on Saturday morning, and it does make me feel better if there's no loss.
Ruth, sounds like a wonderful Christmas week!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-18-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls. If I could do caffeine, I'd partake in the cawfee! Slept well, just tired. Work is wearing me down. I'm ready for the holidays because I love Christmas and New Years, but I'm also ready for them to be over because I work retail. Gotta love it!

Ryan has stepped down from his store and is coming back to work for me. The stress was just too much on him. I feel for the poor kid. He had a tough store to go into. I wouldn't do it, that's for sure. Hard to get things done right when your staff isn't on board with you. I'm excited to have him back though. He starts at my store again today.

Besides work, things are going very well. I'm happier than I've been in my life. It's nice to be happy during the holiday season. I hate this weather though. Brrrrrr. I'm ready for summer! Going to start working out again soon I think. It's just time to get back at it.

Better get ready for work. Gonna have to start up the ol car a little early today. Looks like it's all frosted over. Hope you girls have a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 12-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! We are actually supposed to see the sun today!

Cottage We used to do reindeer feed for our kids, they always thought it was the neatest thing!

Schatzi I need one of them invisible fences for the new pup! He's having alot of fun making DD chase him around the yard! So far he hasn't left his boundries.

Cyndi Sounds like you are about due for a wooosh of weight! Who has the weight loss fairy locked up?

Cat

kara Have a good sleep and avoid those munchies! I really should practice what I preach!

Thin Enjoy your stormy day!

Ruth Sounds like you are going to be busy as usual. I want to be you when I grow up!

Schmoodle Be safe out there today!

Lisa Long time no "see", glad to hear things are going well for you!

Me Not much in my little corner of the world. DH is sick and grumpy, nothing worse than a sick man! The next 3 weeks are rough in the mortgage business, people want in there homes and lenders don't want to work! Makes for alot of pressure on a measly processing manager! Hibernation sounds good right now!

Have a great day chickies!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Sleepy Tuesday morning to all. I would love coffee drip this morning. I cannot for the life of me figure out why my body seems to be needing 9 hours of sleep a night!

Cottage: So, do the girls sprinkle the reindeer food on the front lawn? How neat! Poor Jake! One of these days those men will have to learn to fend for themselves! Is the meatball casserole P1-friendly? I'm looking for some new recipes for P1 next month.

Schatzi: An invisible fence sounds like a good thing - but I don't think I could bring myself to do that to my furbabies. They're just too innocent! Anyways, have fun with training and let us know how it goes!

Cyndi: Sorry about the plateau, and I agree with Dawn - at least you're not gaining! (I know that may not help much, so here's a instead!) I just like to bring a veggie tray to parties with some hummus to dip.

Cat: Don't work to hard!

Kara: I do the same thing. There's nothing like the look of disappointment on DH's face to make me walk away from the bad things! Hope you're sleeping peacefully!

Dawn: I'm the same as you. We've got lawyers in our office from all over the place and I can't understand it. Go home! Wrap some presents! Sing a carol! (But mostly, get the heck out of our office!!)

Ruth: I can definitely understand why you enjoy all the company, but I have to say that I'm glad DH and I are doing the visiting this year! I think I'd go kuckoo having to clean and make meals and presents! Have a great workout!!

Schmoodle: Hope the meeting (party) goes well and that there are plenty of options for you! Sorry about the fridge. Hope the repairman is able to get it fixed quickly tomorrow!

Lisa: Nice to "see" you! I know what working retail during the holidays is like and I don't miss it at all! I think it takes a really special person to work in retail! Have a great day!

Stephanie: Sorry about your sick DH! Guess you'll be the maid, doctor, cook, etc., etc. for a while!

Me: Well, I got home from work last night feeling terrible. I just hate my job right now. I know that it's a good job and is good money, but it's so not fulfilling for me. I was trying not to throw a pity-party when I got home, but I did and skipped my walk. Not good, but I'll have to make it up tonight. I actually have a decent lead on another job, but I fear it will be a huge pay-cut and I'm not sure how we will handle that. It's a position with the school I would like to teach at, so it would be a great way to get my foot in the door. DH is going to talk to his coworker about it today. His coworker is the principal's husband.

On to other things, woke up late this morning, so we didn't make coffee. I'm drinking water and trying to avoid the sodas. I also got to work to find a huge gourmet chocolate bar on my desk. Sigh. I don't know who gave it to me, so I can't pawn it off on anyone. I'll just have to throw it away when I get home.

Well, I'd better get on to work. Hope everyone else has a great day!

~Kim
Old 12-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #15  

Kim, whoa! You are one strong-willed woman to throw that candy away! I'd just put it in the freezer and nibble on it a little at a time. That meatball casserole recipe is very Phase 1 friendly. I make it with x-lean ground turkey breast, and serve it over spagetti squash. YUMMY, and very satisfying and filling.
Closed Thread