Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default low carb crackers?

Hi--

I did try a search on the forum for low carb crackers but didn't find what I was looking for.

Anyone know of any name brands of crackers that are low carb? I know Wasa crackers are one.

Oh... does anyone know of any low carb spaghetti brands? I know Keto used to be in stock, but I heard somewhere that it was discontinued.

Thanks!

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 12-10-2007 at 02:52 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Tea,

I'm not sure where you are located, but here in New England, and also in the Mid-Atlantic area of the US, there is DREAMFIELDS pasta... which I think is great.

The only difference I noticed in eating it was that it was a bit chewier than "normal" pasta, but tasted fine. I used it in spaghetti with meat sauce and also in lasagna.

It certainly is better for my blood sugar than the normal
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #3  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Quote:
Originally Posted by teawithsunshine View Post
Hi--

I did try a search on the forum for low carb crackers but didn't find what I was looking for.

Anyone know of any name brands of crackers that are low carb? I know Wasa crackers are one.

Oh... does anyone know of any low carb spaghetti brands? I know Keto used to be in stock, but I heard somewhere that it was discontinued.

Thanks!
Try this!

BUTTERY SESAME CRACKERS
3 ounces almond flour, 3/4 cup
2 teaspoons granular Splenda
1 egg white
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
3 teaspoons untoasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons butter, softened
Mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl. Chill the dough about 30 minutes. Drop the dough by 1/4 teaspoons onto a parchment-lined 12x17" baking sheet making 24 little piles leaving at least an inch between them. Pick the pieces of dough up one at a time and very gently roll into balls. Cover the dough with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the crackers have been shaped. Prick them with a fork.
Bake at 325º for 17-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.
Makes 24 crackers
Can be frozen
Per Cracker: 32 Calories; 3g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

These come out crisp but tender, and may be a little fragile for dipping. I think they would be nice with soup, topped with cheese or something gently spread on them. These turn out nearly double the size of the Sesame Almond Crackers for the same carb count.
I think that any kind of food can with an 1/8" rim will work for pressing the dough, but you may get somewhat of a ring pattern on your crackers. A baking powder can just happens to be smooth on the bottom, unlike a vegetable can, and is also small enough to fit between the crackers on the baking sheet. If you must use a larger can, you may have to bake them on two sheets and leave more space between them.

It's from LindaSue's website. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

BirkshirGrl: I live in the state of Oregon... waaaaaaaay out west

FitinTime: thanks for the recipe! I'll try it out someday when I have some more time set aside for cooking!
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #5  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

There are some made from smackaroos that you can find at locarbu dot com. They're pretty good, i mean good to scoop up some delicious dip. They aren't delicious on their own or anything like that.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/160.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Dreamfield's makes a low carb pasta. I've read you shouldn't re-heat it though so if you intend on making it......just make enough for the serving size you'll be eating as opposed to the whole box. Unless, of course, you'll be feeding the whole family with it. I eat it from time to time but not that often. It's more or less a treat for me and I'll make a lasagna with it usually when I do have it.

As far as crackers go....I tend to stay away from them because I can't just eat the serving size on the box.
Ptrcmcc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #7  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

http://www.netrition.com/gg_bran_crispbread_page.html
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #8  
on my way down again

I make crackers from cheddar cheese, the block not the sliced American sliced type. Slice in a medium thickness, or shred the cheese and make small flattened piles. Place on parchment paper and place in the microwave. My microwave takes about 40 seconds to make a few nice crisp crackers. They will have bubbled holes when they are done. Be careful not to burn them. I think they are delicious and meet my cracker needs.

I have also used smoked cheddar, Jack, pepper Jack, swiss, mozzarella.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote