Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #281

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Just another quicky: (Promise I will stick around more after the holidays are over!)

Got most of my shopping done now...just need to finish up w/my hubby.....kind of hard to do that when he was with me! So my plans are to set my alarm early and head out and shop BEFORE work. Crazy isn't it?

Right now, I need to scoot and get moving. It's Monday and work is at it's busiest on Mondays.

Many hugs to you all!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Default Jules!

Jules----

I'm sorry I'm a little late......

Happy Birthday!

I hope it was a wonderful one!!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick fly by. DH has a lot of shopping and running planned for today so we will be out most of the afternoon. Eating out not too thrilled about that as I want to stay OP.

I don't really know what my babysister is going to do about the other doctor. She wanted him to do an MRI because her food wasn't getting better and she thinks it is worse than the doctor thinks. He told her to walk on her foot and they would do an MRI in about a month. It isn't like she doesn't have insurance. DD worked for orthopedic for 10 years and said that was stupid. I don't know what the man's problem is.

Well I'll try to catch y'all later.

Trish
Old 12-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

Had some excitement today--Teri thought her water broke, but it was a false alarm...

Trish--I think she needs to go to another doctor--if her foot is messed up--walking on it will be a bad thing. Maybe she could go see a physical therapist for some ideas too.

Marti--have fun shopping!!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....just a quick note right now....

We just got a call from the lady that hit us on Saturday. (how she got our number is beyond us) But she called for our insurance information because she is going against our insurance. She told Tommy that the police reports claims that Tommy hit her. She claims that she called the insurance company and they told her that if Tommy doesn't give her the information (they screwed our last slip, so we had to have them redo it) and she told him that the insurance company told her that if he doesn't give her the information it is considered a hit and run accident.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Mindee--that's terrible!! I would keep date/time track of all the calls from her and what she has said--maybe even tape all conversations--she seems like she may cause you problems.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #8  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies!!

Wow, what a day (and night) I've had. Our power went out last night around 6:30 p.m. Luckily I had made an early dinner and was finally settling down for the night to watch a movie and to celebrate DD 21st b-day. We had extremely high winds about 65 mph and a transformer blew. We figured it would probably be out till about midnight....not....it didn't come on until 12:45 this afternoon. My house was in the low 50's and I was about to freeze. I had triple layers of clothes and walked around with a down throw over my shoulders!! I tried to keep warm by straightening up the house a little, putting laundry away, but I was still so cold. I refused to go to work. I had a two day bedhead, didn't have an ironed uniform and it's a little difficult to put on makeup by candlelight at 5 a.m. so the hospital gave me off after I boo-hooed a little! I was standing on a metal ladder ready to take a baseball bat to our house security alarm, which was beeping like crazy from the power being off for so long, wondering if I would get electricuted, then thinking...well the power is off, started to take a swing at it and magically the power came on!! I don't know what made the alarm go off, must have a battery in the dang thing, but the dogs were going balistic. I was so relieved to get the heat back on, the alarm off and the feeling back in my fingers and toes that I baked the rest of the day. It's amazing how much you take for granted when you have heat. I never realized how cold a toilet seat gets at 50 degrees!!!

Well, I'm warm, tired and feeling a little too stuffed from nibbling...Ok, not nibbling, I ate a few too many cookies that I baked! I think I'll settle down to watch a little TV till bedtime and pray that the power stays on.

I swear the next time I have about five thousand dollars with nothing to spend it on.......a generator will be put in my house....oh, how I dream!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Hope your all well. I had my review at work today, it was ok, getting a raise, nothing to get excited about, but better than nothing. I asked my boss about Christmas Eve & Christmas. Christmas Eve I have to work my normally scheduled shift even though my co-worker who works nights opposite me said she'd work it. So I am having her send him an email stating she can work it. I am off Christmas. So if I have to work Christmas Eve then I may ask for the day after Christmas off, all he can say is no.

Thats about it. Been really cold here. DH could not get our car started this morning when he got off from work. It was -11 with the windchill. It finally did start, we went ahead and made an appt to get it serviced. Its due for its oil change anyhow.

Hope your all keeping warm.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening all

Jules happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Trish,,,I feel for you babysister,,,that must be fustrating for her. Perhaps the first break wasn't set right?

Mindee,,,exactly what Jules said about keeping a record. Did the police tell Tommy that he hit her or vice versa? Better get that settled ASAP.

Tammy,,,can you get a cheaper gas power generator?

Marti,,,yay! for the shopping,,,Im just having to return a makeup case,,(never noticed that the handle was broke) and I am done. And of course Monte's birthday gift.

Sue,,,too funny watching the squirrel. And Baby giving you the cold shoulder...ha ha Skittles does that too.

Jane,,,thank you for the compliment about the glasses...would you believe Monte picked them out,,,all in 5 minutes? Seriously I was in the shop for 15 minutes total and that is also paying for contacts then paying for the glasses. Monte picked them out cause I was wearing my old glasses and with trying on glasses I couldn't see,,,I even made nose prints on the mirror trying to get close enough to see.

Sassy,,,Love the Christmas email card..that is just beautiful.

well nothing new,,,went to my scrapbooking class tonight. I now have a few more pictures to work with...so Im itching to get going on getting some pages done. My theme is Tanner. I would of went with Brandon being the first born but his girlfriend (so talented) made him a book,,,shes been scrapbooking longer then me. So I will do Tanner's then perhaps Monte,,,then Brandon. I eventually want to make Monte's brother a book too,,,since we have alot of his baby and younger year pictures.

I have decided against cutting my hair,,,just going to get some color in it thou...what do you think of red? BRIGHT red.

I think I have my menu set for Christmas dinner,,,its the four of us and my brother for dinner. (my brother is going throu a divorce-I know I mentioned my SIL Heather)

well need to get to bed,,,
night all
Old 12-18-2007, 12:43 AM   #11  

hello everyone! how are you all doing?

Jules~ I had already started a call log to keep track of it, but didn't think about writing down the conversations. I just got a bigger piece of paper and wrote the conversation down. I will have to have Tommy read it in court (which I am sure that this will end up) since if I read it, it will be hearsay since he talked to her on the phone.

Tammy~ That sucks that your power went out....but I am glad that it is back on! We had nights like that.....but it was because our furnace was being stupid! Sounds like you did a lot of baking! I have been thinking about making some things, but haven't really been in a baking mood. Maybe I will be in a good mood on Tuesday!

Sassy~ That sucks about having to work on Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, but like you said, at least you got Christmas Day off.

Angelia~ I have my running log of what has happened so far. The police officer looked at our van numerous times, so he knows that there was no way that Tommy could have hit her. We were told by the police officer himself, that the report wouldn't be ready by Tuesday at the earliest. So, we think that she is just trying to bluff him to see if he will cave under her bullying. Tommy is going on Tuesday after work and he is picking up a copy of the police report. I am going to get a file folder and start keeping every thing in it. I am all set to send the pictures to Wal-Mart to get them printed out, which I will do once we get a court date.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one today. I've got to get busy! I've got some batter ready to make Neal's oatmeal raisin cookies, except I was waiting on fresh raisins, so I need to make those this morning. Also I am finishing up laundry, and have some ironing to do. Thankfully, I don't have to go to town today.

Thank you to all that have sent cards by snail mail or email. I love them all!

I'll try to bbl,
Old 12-19-2007, 01:06 AM   #13  

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Tommy got a copy of the police report on Tuesday. NO WHERE on it, does it say that we hit her, like she claimed on the phone Monday night. It doesn’t even say that she hit us, it says that we pulled out in front of her! (Needless to say, she convinced the police officer on the scene that what she said was what happened)

Last time I checked, didn’t the police officer have to ask every one (that can talk) what happened in the case of an accident? If that is the case, which I am sure that it is, then he didn’t do his job! He never asked me what happened, all he asked me was for my information to put into the report since I was in the front seat of the vehicle at the time of the accident. And if he had, then he would have given her the citation instead of Tommy! He even has our insurance company name on the report wrong!! If you look at the drawing that he did on the report, it clearly shows that she was in the wrong and that she hit us!

Jane~ I have been wanting to make some home made oatmeal cookies, but I don't know how to. So, I am going to search for some recipes on them.

As it looks right now, Tommy will be off next week. He asked his boss if they usually work the week between Christmas and New Year's and his boss told him that they don't unless they are super busy.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Hope you all are well. Soooooo tired. Only 3 and a 1/2 hours to go! lol.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - there's a good recipe on the inside of the oatmeal box lid. Check for it, and if you need mine, I'll send it. Yikes, sounds like the officer wasn't doing his job very well! You can point all that out, in court.

Marti - did you end up finding something for James?

Trish - wow, sounds like your babysitter needs another doctor! Just a few days now, and you'll get your computer!

Tammy - oh dear - what a dilemma! Out here in the boonies, we often lose power, too. When you do find that $5000 with nowhere to spend it, let me know, and we'll plan a Jaded Lady meetup, lol.

Sassy - yay for the raise! I'm glad to know they appreciate your worth.

Angie - your scrapbook sounds cool. I've got an on-going one for each of my kids, then one for Neal and myself. I have plans to do one of old family pictures, when I was a kid, and am going to do one of my group of friends I meet yearly. Yikes, I better get on it, lol. Tell Monte he did a great job with the glasses! You truly look beautiful in your avatar. Matches your voice!

Jules - I LOVE your new avatar pic, too. Love the smile! No news, yet, on the baby? All his cyber Aunties are waiting!

Hi to all that read this.

Not much going on in here, huh? We've all got so much to do, and the time is winding down. Only 6 days til Christmas! My agenda for the day is to have lunch with Carol, visit my xmil in the nursing home, (I've got photos for her, of her bd party last week) and then do some grocery shopping. I know the stores will be a madhouse.

Did you see that Sue Grafton's newest book is out? I forget the name, lol, but she is one author I buy in hardback. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I just hope Walmart has is, since that's our only "bookstore" in the area.

Have a good day, ladies!
Closed Thread