Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #1  
Work it out.

Default I Gained So Much Weight I Feel So Embarrassed

Last June, which was exactly 6 months ago, I weighed about 230 – 233, and I was looking so good, but now I’m just huge. I don’t know how much weight I gained, because I’m scared to look at the scale, but I know it somewhere between 30 and 40 pounds. My stomach, legs, love handles and my face got so fat; I just let myself go. I use to wear clothing somewhere between XL/L and size 16/18, now I’m back to a size 22 and XXL. I feel embarrassed because I was loosing so much weight and I was looking fantastic, and I use to get so many compliments about the weight loss, but now I’m back at square one. I feel disgusted, and my 22nd birthday is less than 2 months, I want to loose 15 pounds before then, but it seems so much harder, I’ve been eating pretty much healthy this week, but I haven’t done much exercising. Ladies please help me, I need motivation. I’m so stressed, some nights I can’t even sleep, and I feel like crying, I’m so embarrassed around my friends, co-workers, and family.
motivation86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #2  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

thats too bad... i think a lot of people have a complete relaspe before they actually get to their target weight... I lost a lot of weight, but not as much as you, and then gained it all back plus some more.... this is just the kick you need.... just remember this feeling and anytime you feel like ur going down the same path.. compare the feelings you get when youve lost weight to now.... and that will help... you can do it again... and this time u wont regress!! your still very young... dont worry
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

motivation86, sorry to hear that you are feeling so down!

What happened? That is, you were going good, and then it reversed--can you remember whether any event occurred that got you off track? Or can you remember the thoughts you were having before you started overeating again?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on eating healthy this week! From all of the comments on here and in books I read, I think planning is the number one step to take to get back on the right path. You know, get rid of the junk food, bring in the apples and chicken breast.

The other thing that I read, is that most of the people that manage to loose and keep off their weight, have been on many diets before they finally suceed, so you can think of your recent gain as experience for when you finally make it! I had to quit smoking four or five times before I made it, but I did it. Now I am on my fourth or fifth diet and hoping to "get it" this time.

Be brave - you will be fine!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #5  

did something happen 6 months ago that triggered your relapse? it's happened to me before too, but there's usually some kind of trigger for me like stress or anxiety. sometimes if you can pinpoint what it was that stalled your progress and deal with that issue, it helps.

when i'm discourged, i try to focus on past success. think about when you lost weight, how you felt about yourself at that time. focusing on how well you did then can motivate you to try again to reach that point. make that your goal - not a number on scale. strive for that feeling of confidance and knowing that you have the strength to do this!

and reach out to people! find a support system of people who will encourage you and give you advice. i also find that helping other people on 3FC on their weight loss journey keeps me motivated because they are relying on me as i am relying on them. you can do it!

Lola

Sexy Chicks http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127730
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #6  
Work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
motivation86, sorry to hear that you are feeling so down!

What happened? That is, you were going good, and then it reversed--can you remember whether any event occurred that got you off track? Or can you remember the thoughts you were having before you started overeating again?

Jay
I work at a daycare so whatever the kids eat, the staff and teachers would eat. The daycare would serve foods such as(chicken nuggets, fries, pizza, rice and beans, hot dogs, sandwiches, juice, steak, potato’s, etc) Literally everything I knew it was bad for me, but I wasn’t gaining any weight in the beginning, but than it crept back on me so quick.

Also, school, work, and my last boyfriend stressed me out, so I went back to my old eating habits. The semester is over, and I dumped my last boyfriend. So I'm hopping to loose the weight. I still work at the daycare, and that is my biggest challenge I will have, but I will bring my own lunch.

Last edited by motivation86; 12-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All right. So you've got a bit side tracked. Gained a few back. NOW is the time to put it to a screeching halt and get right back to it. You know how to lose weight, you've done it before, you know the incredible benefits of it and you know that you CAN do it. Time to go back to the beginning, dieting one oh one, so to speak, and incorporate those better habits that allowed you to lose the weight in the first place. Yes, the planning ahead (eating healthy does NOT happen by chance), the better choices, the tracking of your food, the journaling, the exercise - the whole bit.

You've got one fairly good week under your belt, time to build upon that and make it 2 now and then 3 and so on and so on. Before you know it, you'll be right back in those smaller clothes - and loving every minute of it.

Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are here, now. That is the important thing,
Please don't beat yourself up, many of us, including me have done the same thing. You can start over, right now,good luck
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Yep, time to forget the embarrassment and disappointment and recommit to eating healthily and exercising. You can lose the weight again AND you can keep it off. Do you have a new plan?

This is OT, but why do they feed kids crap like that in daycare? I think I'd be really upset if my kids were being filled with saturated fat and sugars every day! Way to teach kids horrible eating from the get-go!

But, if the daycare food is your biggest challenge then you need to bring your own lunches, and you should bring delicious, healthy, filling lunches so that you're untempted by junk food. In my house, each week we make a giant batch of delicious soup with tons of veggies, whole grains and usually chicken to freeze in individual containers. Each morning we'll make a salad, grab a container out of the freezer and go. My soups are so delicious, filling and different every week that it is really, really easy to stay on plan during the day. Perhaps doing something like that would be helpful?

Good luck! You can do it!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Like baffled, I bring food I really love to work. It helps me stay away from stuff that isn't very nutritious.

Like everyone has said: you're bouncing back. I don't know many people who made this happen the first go around (myself included). Try to learn from what sent your off track so it doesn't happen again. It's a learning opportunity. For example, I am finally learning that I cave and EAT when under stress. My work stress is pretty common, so I am learning to bring LOTS of raw veggies to work so I have something to snack on that's healthy!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #11  
Work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
Yep, time to forget the embarrassment and disappointment and recommit to eating healthily and exercising. You can lose the weight again AND you can keep it off. Do you have a new plan?

This is OT, but why do they feed kids crap like that in daycare? I think I'd be really upset if my kids were being filled with saturated fat and sugars every day! Way to teach kids horrible eating from the get-go!

But, if the daycare food is your biggest challenge then you need to bring your own lunches, and you should bring delicious, healthy, filling lunches so that you're untempted by junk food. In my house, each week we make a giant batch of delicious soup with tons of veggies, whole grains and usually chicken to freeze in individual containers. Each morning we'll make a salad, grab a container out of the freezer and go. My soups are so delicious, filling and different every week that it is really, really easy to stay on plan during the day. Perhaps doing something like that would be helpful?

Good luck! You can do it!
I agree about the Daycare, the kids eat crap. I will bring my own lunch and my own snacks. I want to loose about 50 pounds by June that is my goal, and I will do it. I'm also going back to my old routine, hopefully it will pay off.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #12  
Work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Like baffled, I bring food I really love to work. It helps me stay away from stuff that isn't very nutritious.

Like everyone has said: you're bouncing back. I don't know many people who made this happen the first go around (myself included). Try to learn from what sent your off track so it doesn't happen again. It's a learning opportunity. For example, I am finally learning that I cave and EAT when under stress. My work stress is pretty common, so I am learning to bring LOTS of raw veggies to work so I have something to snack on that's healthy!
OMG Heather!!! I remember you when I first began this weight loss journey. You look wonderful, you are truly an inspiration

Last edited by motivation86; 12-16-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Thanks! You can be an inspiration, too!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #14  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

motivation86 - the thing is you can change. Get back up, on the wagon, recommit whatever you wanna call it. Where you are in life isnt permanent - remember how good you felt? You can feel that way again!! Please dont give up It's work but you can do it again come back often - let us know how you're doing.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #15  
www.j3nn.net

S/C/G: 319/269/150

Height: 5'3"

The good news is that weight doesn't have to be permanent in either direction! If you gain, you can lose again -- losing weight and keeping it off is a balancing act; not an exact science -- so do it in a way that you can keep up with today and 20 years from now. Make it a "lifestyle"; that's what I finally did; the only way it actually worked for me.
j3nn dot net is offline   Reply With Quote