Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #1  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Default Stuck! / I'm Baaaack / Update

Well hello... dunno if anybody noticed that I was gone, im sure some of you did, you wonderful people!

Anywho... im maintaining at this weight now even tho I have a few more pounds to go... but I assure you, its really worth the doing! Ive never felt so happy! I never thought id do it and now im pretty much there....

On that note, im a little bit stuck and now its coming to christmas... for ages i was losing weight in a very easy way... i idnt count the calories rigidly.. i just had my 3 meals a day at least and drunk plenty of water... aiming for my 1600 calories... but now my weight isnt going down any more...and confused about what to do...will eating less produce the same effect as doing more exercise.... not exactly the best time for this to come seeing as christmas is SO near... In fact, this time last year, i had lost about half a stone since starting and i went back home for christmas and put it all back on, and a bit more... which was the most depressing thing ive ever done... i assure you, that will not be happening, i dont even have the same relationship with food anymore....

anyway, happy christmas everyone and dont let yoursevles go downhill.. you do not need to overeat to enjoy yourself... christmas isnt all about the food... of course, have what you want but not in excess... one day wont make a difference but a few days to a week will... and from that point on its a slippery slope....

p.s. chek out my cool profile picture lol

Last edited by ih8diets; 12-16-2007 at 10:01 AM.
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Coooool profile pic! U R Hot! I do remember you and was wondering where you'd gone.

How did you choose your goal weight? I ask because if it was just an arbitrary number, it could be that your body likes being the weight you are now. In any case, it is usually harder to lose those last few pounds. I'd suggest you increase your exercise, rather than decrease calories any further. And just have patience...

I hope you have a Happy Holiday! Cheers!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #3  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey! Coooool profile pic! U R Hot! I do remember you and was wondering where you'd gone.

How did you choose your goal weight? I ask because if it was just an arbitrary number, it could be that your body likes being the weight you are now. In any case, it is usually harder to lose those last few pounds. I'd suggest you increase your exercise, rather than decrease calories any further. And just have patience...

I hope you have a Happy Holiday! Cheers!

Jay
Ah JayEll, missed you on here! My goal weight was kinda a provisional thing, i picked a approximate weight... so I think maybe thats a bit beyond what weight i should be... but at my current weight... i just need to lose about 3 or 4 and that should be me done i think
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome back!

If you're not already doing it, it might be time to start weight training. Weight training tightens up the jiggly bits and makes the body a little more compact and lean.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey Mark. Good to hear from you.

Don't let those numbers mess with your head. You picked a "goal" weight without having any idea how you would look or feel once you got there. You are looking and feeling no doubt mighty wonderful. If you eventually want to kick into higher gear to get off those few lbs, well then, that's fine - if not - hey, that's fine too.

Yes, I'm liking your avatar. And thanks for the good advice about the holidays. We do need to remember that it's about spending time with loved ones and that we should focus less on all that food. Have a great, great holiday.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi KID ....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi there! I haven't been on here long, so I don't remember you from when before you left. But I did read your progress entry a while back and it was inspiring. You look a lot like my friend Ryan in some of your pictures. He too lost a lot of weight a long time ago. So, I'm proud of you! And congrats on your wonderful progress!

But I think you shouldn't focus on the weight now. You're feeling better about yourself and you've lost so much weight already. I think you should start perhaps looking at your body fat percentage. Your scale can fluctuate up to 5 pounds in a day, but the measurements of your body fat percentage will stay the same.

And most of all, good luck!
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote