General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Time To Face The Fact!

OK All my dear friends...here it is....my grandma, God bless her, passed away this evening. She had a stroke this morning. My uncle, her son, had taken her to the bathroom and then, after placing her back in bed, he heard her scream. When he ran into the room she was yelling "Paul! My head is exploding!" She had a blood vessel brake in her brain, she went into a coma and passed this evening.

Some of you may remember that my mom, her daughter, passed away in October. It has been a tough few months for our family.

I, being a christian, KNOW for a fact where my mom and grandma are right now. I am grateful to have had my mom for 71 years and my grandma for 92 years. They were wonderful women. I am blessed that my Lord gave them many years of life and that I was able to enjoy a lot of time with them.

I have to face the facts, though, this CHRISTmas will be the first one that I, at 53 years of age, will not have the presence of a mom, a dad, or a grandparent at our home. It could be a tough one.

I will have my wife, son and dil, daughter and sil, step-d, nephew, brother and family, sister and family, friends and neighbors....and an ex-wife and family, joining us for CHRISTmas...

I am, although in sorrow, so BLESSED!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-14-2007 at 10:54 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #2  
it's always something

Gary, I'm so sorry for your loss This will be a very difficult Christmas without those dear to you. But you are so right that you are still very blessed to have a wonderful family around you, and you have a world of friends as well!

Your family will be in my prayers
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:52 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Gary, I'm saying a prayer for you and your family. Like you said, Grandma is in a better place and with her loving daughter and the rest of the family that went before her. You had some remarkble women in your life (and still do), that helped shape the man you are. My condolences on your loss.

Blessings in Christ,
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gary, It's all part of this life--and you are truly blessed. It will be a holiday with many emotions, and I hope you can welcome them all.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of a dear loved one. It is always hard to say goodbye to our nearest and dearest when they depart this world. But remember the good times, the times you laughed together and the way they moulded you into the man your are today.

Christmas is always a difficult time when you have lost someone. You are blessed with a loving family who will be with you.

My condolences are with you at this sad time and you are in my thoughts and prays.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My prayers are with you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary, so sorry for your loss! It is extra hard that this came during Advent. Allow your family to experience the joy and the sadness of the season. Encourage everyone to share memories, pictures, stories of those loved ones that are now celebrating Christmas in the presence of Christ himself. We will keep your family in our prayers!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Height: 5' 5"

I am so sorry for your loss(es). Yes, it will be difficult. But I think they would want you to enjoy your time together as a family. You can do that in honor of them. Sending prayers for you and your family. So glad you can have the comfort of knowing they are with Christ.
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #9  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I am so sorry for your loss. It is comforting to know that both your mother and your grandma are in a better place together. I wish your family well and hope you can all get past this terrible pain of losing a loved one!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #10  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

So sorry, Gary!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

THANK-YOU all so much!

It has been an emotional...yet good year for me. From almost putting my eye out with that beer bottle ~ my daughter getting married to that kidnapper guy ~ my mom and now grandma passing.

Along the way I have strenghtend some of my friendships here on 3FC and found many new friends! oh, and knowing me I probably made a few more enemies here too

I have a large support group from family ~ friends ~ church .....people that are there whenever I need them....however, I will say knowing that I can come here any time of the day with anything I want to say about anything is such a great comfort. Somehow the "pain" I have felt this year, with my losses, have eased simply by posting here.

I am so blessed

YOU! Are awesome!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gary,
Just knowing where your loved ones are is truly a blessing isn't it? It still is hard for us who miss them terribly. Christmas is celebrating our Savior's birth for sure, and with the memories of our past, can be so bittersweet. I was thinking about this season the other day. And even though you and I are both blessed beyond measure, the Christmases of our past seem so much more magical, don't they? I was thinking that being adopted into a most loving family was probably God's greatest gift to me after, of course, the gift of his Son Jesus.

As a child, the sadness and evil of the world because of Satan, isn't as obvious as it is now as adults. Or it shouldn't be for the children anyway. My sweet AJ is an exception as other children are. But for those of us who DID have a near magical childhood, the memories are our gift now.

May God bless you and Angie and your whole family.
Love in Him,
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry for your loss, Gary. But you're a very strong person and will get through this trial just as you have others. God Bless.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I know at these times, people struggle to find words to express their sympathy. Profound words that comfort and ease suffering. I don't know if those words truly exist, but my prayers and sympathy are with you and your family.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote