General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Opinions please....

My daughter and I got new razor phones last December. By April her screen went blank so we had to use the insurance and get a replacement. The service on the replacement has been terrible and when we complained there were no solutions given.

Thursday she thought her phone was stolen out of her car, she looked and her boyfriend looked and neither found it. His phone was left where she put it.

So I called and reported it stolen and was told that they would send out a new one. The lady I talked to was very nice and rushed the processing of the order since my daughter is due on Christmas Eve and she doesn't have a house phone and has been having some minor contractions--the ladies daughter is also due around Christmas. BTW since this is the second phone in less than a year her insurance will be cancelled.

The new phone has not come yet though the tracking says it is to be delieverd today. She has now found her phone. (She is using mine right now)

My question, should we return the phone unopened or should she try the new replacement out to see if it gets better reception and send the old replacement back??

What are your thoughts...if the new replacement is better and she keeps that one...is that cheating the company???
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I think your question is one that only you and your daughter can really answer...it's basically a moral issue. You have to do what you feel is right.

I used to work for a major US cell phone provider, and we got endless complaints about the Razors. They were very defective and a general pain in the a** for those of us who had to field the questions and disappointment of many unsuspecting customers.

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 12-14-2007 at 08:59 PM.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

If it were any phone other than a razor I would say it's kind of like cheating. However, having been through the process of dealing with them on customer service issues for my husband's phone and several we bought for our business, I would say keep it and good luck to you.

The last issue we had was a phone that got unbelievably hot and condensation developed inside and ruined it. They tried to tell us they'd never heard of that problem before when I personally know at least two other people who have had it happen. They then sent a replacement that had a cracked screen and told us we would have to pay shipping and handling to send back the broken replacement. Huh?

Keep whatever you can get from them but we haven't had one yet that got decent reception.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #4  
it's always something

When my son lost his phone and we called for a replacement via his insurance, they told us if we found his old phone that we had to let them know, and they would provide a mailer to return it to them. They also said that if someone else found the phone that it would not function because they would do something from their end to disable it as a stolen phone.

In other words, you may not have much of an option. Call them and ask

Btw, my son's razor screen also went blank. From what I understand, there's a tiny cable in there that gets unhooked and it's a common problem with that phone. If you take it in to a local office, someone can fix it without having to replace the phone.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I wouldn't call it cheating for the simple fact that if they were interested in their customers, they would warranty their phones. I have a Motorola that's been a royal pain. BUT, they've replaced it 4 times at no cost. They send me a new one with a return label. I activate the new one, box the old one, slap the label on and put it in the mail. No charge and have a new phone. Albeit refurbished, with it's own problems. Which is why I've gone through 4. LOL But if you have problems with a phone after 4 months and they charge you to replace it, then won't replace the new one they send that's defective, they need to lose a few customers.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #6  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

You must be with the V phone company. I have had a bad time with their service and have heard so many people complain about the Razr. I have the Krazr and love it, but the Razr I am glad I didnt get. I would, if it were me. Call the Insurance company tell them you found the other phone and ask them how they would like you to handle this. Then I would take the phone with poor reception to the store where it was first purchased and complain, they should be willing to replace it if they can not fix the reception issue. But by returning the phone back the insurance maybe you will not lose the coverage, is my thinking!
Good luck and congrats to your daughter on soon being a mom!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_dreamy1 View Post
I think your question is one that only you and your daughter can really answer...it's basically a moral issue. You have to do what you feel is right.
It's actually not a moral issue as we never intended to keep both phones. My question was more ..which one should we send back. I called the "insurance" company to ask them what to do. Once a claim is in place you can NOT get your $50 deductable back even a minute after hanging up with them. The rep herself suggested I try out the replacement phone to see if it get better reception than the found "lost" phone and keep the better one. So that's what we will do.

Thanks for all the opinions and info.

BTW...I love my razor and have never had any problems with it at all.

Last edited by jules1216; 12-15-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
When my son lost his phone and we called for a replacement via his insurance, they told us if we found his old phone that we had to let them know, and they would provide a mailer to return it to them. They also said that if someone else found the phone that it would not function because they would do something from their end to disable it as a stolen phone.

In other words, you may not have much of an option. Call them and ask

Btw, my son's razor screen also went blank. From what I understand, there's a tiny cable in there that gets unhooked and it's a common problem with that phone. If you take it in to a local office, someone can fix it without having to replace the phone.

Her "lost/stolen" phone has been reactivated. We actually took the first phone in to ask if there was anything that could be done at the store level for the blank screen and they told us to send it back since she had insurance.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
You must be with the V phone company. I have had a bad time with their service and have heard so many people complain about the Razr. I have the Krazr and love it, but the Razr I am glad I didnt get. I would, if it were me. Call the Insurance company tell them you found the other phone and ask them how they would like you to handle this. Then I would take the phone with poor reception to the store where it was first purchased and complain, they should be willing to replace it if they can not fix the reception issue. But by returning the phone back the insurance maybe you will not lose the coverage, is my thinking!
Good luck and congrats to your daughter on soon being a mom!
We actually did take it to the store and they said there was nothing they could do. She is superexcited to be a first time mom and I words can't explain how I feel about being a first time grandma!!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
If it were any phone other than a razor I would say it's kind of like cheating. However, having been through the process of dealing with them on customer service issues for my husband's phone and several we bought for our business, I would say keep it and good luck to you.

The last issue we had was a phone that got unbelievably hot and condensation developed inside and ruined it. They tried to tell us they'd never heard of that problem before when I personally know at least two other people who have had it happen. They then sent a replacement that had a cracked screen and told us we would have to pay shipping and handling to send back the broken replacement. Huh?

Keep whatever you can get from them but we haven't had one yet that got decent reception.

And did you know that if you make two insurance claims in less than a year they cancel your insurance even if it's due to a defective phone problem?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
I wouldn't call it cheating for the simple fact that if they were interested in their customers, they would warranty their phones. I have a Motorola that's been a royal pain. BUT, they've replaced it 4 times at no cost. They send me a new one with a return label. I activate the new one, box the old one, slap the label on and put it in the mail. No charge and have a new phone. Albeit refurbished, with it's own problems. Which is why I've gone through 4. LOL But if you have problems with a phone after 4 months and they charge you to replace it, then won't replace the new one they send that's defective, they need to lose a few customers.
As nice as it is to have our cells...we are both ready to be done when the contract is up--she says having a house phone would be alot cheaper and just get a pay as you go phone for emergencies.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I had this happen to except I lost my phone and got a new one and then the old one was returned, I kept the new one and just donated the old one. I felt that since the new one would work better since it was an upgraded version it would be OK to keep it
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Jules,

I misunderstood your question. My apologies.

Good luck with the phone!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_dreamy1 View Post
Jules,

I misunderstood your question. My apologies.

Good luck with the phone!
No apologies necessary!!