Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face Weekly LC Chat 12/10 to 12/16

Good morning everyone!

Just a little over 2 weeks left until Christmas! Are we all done with our decorating & shopping?

How will you go about staying on plan during ALL the Holiday parties & temptations?

Happy holiday's everyone!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya diva & tx for starting us up! Just love your festive avatar!

Sooooooooo . . . been fighting off the cravings that come after a carb-splurge - Grrrrrrrrrrrr! So mad at myself for 'doing what I've always done' (to get what I've always got - LOL!) - but determined to move on.

Planning planning planning is the only way for me to get thru the Holdays/stress - unfortunately didn't MAKE the time to do that - but gonna get with it.

Are you doing anything different diva?

TTYA after the night shift.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #3  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Well, I am trying REALLY hard to stay OP, but I do have temptations and I have caved a few times. I guess I am going to keep on trying and step up the exercise. I did 45 minutes of step aerobics earlier and sweated my butt off and I feel great, so I think I'll keep doing that at least 4 or 5 days and practice some dagum willpower, LOL!

Planning is totally the key, but ya can't avoid the church peeps knocking on the door with a plate full of Christmas cookies can ya? hehe
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #4  
beachbum

Thanks Diva for starting up the thread. Not myself the this long weekend. I surprised I didn't gain what I lost last mid week due to a sodium intake. But its only Tues.

Going to count calories the zig zag style,as I'm on counting calories challenge. along with this one.I'm noticing that I'm doing a lot better adding more healthy carbs to my menu than avoiding them. To avoid party temptation I think I going to go up & down the tables and see what they have,and than make my choice. After choosing, walk away from the food tables and either dance or talk to my friends. That my plan,for the next two weeks.

AUD-You can do it,I have conference in you. Planning is the best way to succeed.

Have a great evening

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-11-2007 at 05:03 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Happy holidays everyone!

I'm back OP finally!! I am really excited to be back OP because I had so much energy when I was eating minimal carbohydrates.

Over the holidays I think I will allow myself red wine, but no desserts. My family always cooks various types of meats, and steamed veggies and such, so I don't think the main course will be my problem... just the crazy amounts of desserts!!

I hope everyone is doing well!
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im here
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.0/162.4/135.0

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to stop in and say hello

Between work, and getting ready for the holiday and vacation - I haven't taken the time to stop by the weekly chat in a while.

Hope all is well...and I hope you are more prepared for the holidays than I am! I'm running out of time....!

- L0
laura02169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Soory for being MIA this week,had lots of things to do

Mon-my friends funeral== Tues- baking cookies,and doing a little Christmas decorating==Wed-choir rehearsal & taking my dh to an emergency doctors office ==Thurs-grocery shopping & singing at nursing home

So you see where my week went. I'm still on the challenge but I haven't lost a thing. I sneaked peeked on the scale yesterday morning & I'm up 4 lbs again,it seem when I W-I in the middle of the week the scale is up[3-4]and than it goes down again at my official W-I to 163[ticker]Something funny is going on on the scale. Leo thinks the scale as a evil spirit in it.

KRAW-Thats wonderful that you have so much energy lacking carbs. I was doing just fine upping my carbs but now like I posted above I guess I will have to start limiting them one by one.

ROBIN-Glad to see you here on the chat have a great day .

LAURA-Hi just that you came to the chat and let us know,how your doing is just enough.We all have a busy schedule,hope to check in also,before I leave to NY for Christmas.

Take care

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-13-2007 at 08:45 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

yay! I'm back. (seems like we always come back)

I've been off program for a few months, bad me. Getting my butt back in gear. Need to lose the final 30+ pounds so I can be all hot and stuff for summer.

*hugs and willpower to all*

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #10  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Gang!

I know I haven't been here at all, but I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I do think about you and hope that you all have success in your weight loss!

FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #11  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Diva,
I wanted to tell you I dig your stlye of music! Especially the 80's early 90's stuff. Can't get enough of Ice, Ice Baby!!! Right on!!!
I didn't know that Afrika Baambatta did Planet Rock? Have you heard World Destruction that he does, that is an awesome song to work out to as well. I have that on the LP album and it's so funny when I taped it on a cassette tape,( I know my car is behind the times) I could hear the noise form the record. Anyway, that is a good song. You know what else is good to work out is Echo and the Bunnymen's Lips Like Sugar.

I love Rob Base, Rick James, Marky Mark, Salt N Peppa, and those other dance songs from that time! Good choice girl!

Take Care!
Diana
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #12  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies I haven't deserted you. Like everyone else, I've just been very buisy.
One of my cousins was in a bad accident last Friday. He was in very bad shape and was flown the UofA hospital here in Edmonton. My Aunt and uncle and cousins are all here in Ed to be near him. It has been a stressfull week for all of us. My mom and dad came down and my sister came with her girls. So my house was full.
Any prayers for my cousin and family would be appreciated. He has had several surgeries and has a long way to go but the doctors say he is doing well.
I just wanted to let you all know why I havn't been around. Needless to say I haven't been 100% op. Will be back soon.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone - Very OffPlan - but still determined - catch up later -
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Oh, Im sooooooooooooooooo off plan, I havent a clue where the flippin' plan is

Lets just say, that if you ask why, I can give you an excuse and make you believe that, that's why I havent been on plan.

In reality, there is not excuse, Ive gotten FAT again!! Im enjoying the last of the left over wine from our open house last friday night from the shop. Ive really been struggling with food, and then throw wine into the mix, and its just a big huge mess.

Its safe to say, Ive hit bottom and I need to smarten up!!

I will be here ladies, .......come knocking on my door if Im not!!!!!

See you in the morning!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:38 AM   #15  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I guys, I've been AWOL too, on and off plan, on enuf that I haven't done myself any long term damage. I did go on one pretty long, moderately bad binge, and felt so yucky I HAD to quit the intensive carbs because I'm no longer willing to feel like that. I gained a few lbs and have lost them again. I'm still nibbling, though. The season is just too much for me. For example, at a get-together tonight I had two oreos and a piece of almond roca. One really helpful thing I've found is, no matter what evil thing(s) I put in my mouth (NO, I'm not having THAT much fun), I still eat my nutritious stuff. No pretending I can pay for a piece of cake by having nothing else. That leads to disaster every time.

My history is to ALWAYS gain at least 25 lbs (often more) between, say, October and April. If I can go through the holiday season with no net gain, that will be a f***in' miracle, and I'll feel like an unqualified success. I'm keeping that goal firmly in sight, and hitting the damage control alarm a lot sooner. Progress, not perfection. So far, so good.
and yeah, Juxtapose, we always do seem to come back!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote