Old 12-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #191 Bale of Turtles Being Merry

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Check back on page 5 in thread 190 because there's some news there. I started a new thread because we had gotten long.
Happy Holidays and Good Tidings to you all.
Judy
234.6/217.2/thinner into onederland
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Judy - Congrats on your loss this week. Good for you!

Hope everyone is doing well. Right now it is snowing up here & hoping my drive home will be OK. Pretty organized at home with decorating & really not too bad with the shopping. For my dd I can keep shopping forever (same as all parents, I guess) I still have a couple of people to do, but thats it.

My gf is coming for our weekly dinner tonight & we are having pork tenderloin with a fruit gravey type thing (she is making this) rice, broccoli & spinach.
And of course, some wine. Last night was my company dinner & that was really good. Not point-friendly whatsoever, so for rest of week I have to be extra cautious in my choices.

Princess - hope you are finding something to help with your pain.

Have a good "turtle day"
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day turtles hope everyone is well.

INVU sorry your little prince is,nt well I wish him a speady recovery, hey I didn,t know we were neighbours either until you mentioned it I,m not very observent at times, things are fine downunder a bit of weather with thunderstorms and hail and so forth but it is the festive season and life is good.

Princess hope your copeing with your pain.

Bandit sounds like you enjoyed yourself at your company dinner and that is the main thing I,m sure you will be very diligent for the rest of the week and it will all balance out OK.

Judy way to go on your loss this week awesome every little bit counts.

Have a great weekend everyone take care and keep well.

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #5  
Chick

Bandit, I love that you get together with a friend for a homemade dinner once a week. It sounds so friendly and cozy. You are doing great with shopping et. al. Merry Christmas!

All goes well here. My dd and dgs will be spending many nights here early next week because she's getting her bathroom done over. I realized that that means a three year old (albeit darling) will be underfoot and I had better get some Christmas baking started. I purposely put it off this year so I wouldn't be as tempted as in the past. I've got it just about half done and will try to do more tomorrow before we head out to a party.

NEWYEARNEWME--thanks for chiming in. : Hope the storms stop. We've got snow showers here and you're warm---also our New Zealand pal, INVU is opposite in weather to the other Turtles. I love that we're in different spots on earth and can communicate and help each other out.

Good weekend everybody!
Judy
Old 12-16-2007, 09:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Turtles hope everyone is well.
I agree Itryharder it is good to talk to people from different parts of the world and to reach out and give encouragement and a helping hand, I have met some lovely ladies since I have been here at 3fc it is great to talk to people who don,t judge you and understand just what you are going through at times.

Take care all
JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #7  

Hi Turtles,
Don't worry i am still here and reading all the posts.
Judy - Thanks for letting me know there are ones thinking of me. I got my
medicine adjusted on Friday and so hopefully it will be a change for the
better. It sure would be nice to get my motivation back.
Princess - *hugs* I hope that you are ok.
Bandit - I hope your dinner plans go well. It sounds good.
INVU - I hope your little one is feeling better quickly.
To anyone i forgot - HI
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Well, we got hit with a big storm - there is alot of snow. We got 25cm overnight and it stopped snowing a short time ago. So, today I decided to wrap all the presents I have bought & most of them are now under the tree.
I am getting ride in with one of the fellows I work with since they are saying that it will be very windy with more snow & lots of drifts. Tomorrow when I get home I will deal with shovelling off my car. The drive & walkways are all done, thank goodness. And to think it isn't even offically winter.

Anyway, hope you all had a nice weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #9  

Good afternoon ladies. I have *finally* returned from a long hiatus. OT is over at my company (for now), so no more working through lunch (my primary 3FC time.) That's good, because it means less stress, and bad, because it means less financial freedom -- I used to be able to work OT to make extra "fun" money, but now I can't. I'll admit, I'm bad at managing money, but I'm working on it. I've paid off my ($8,000) credit card debt, but I racked up $800 again. But it stops there. I'm not going back up again, it was too hard to get it paid off. I've been working on better budgeting and expense tracking, but I shop compulsively like I eat compusively, so it's an uphill battle, and more stress.

But enough whining. I'm down 68 pounds total, which is awesome if I do say so myself. I have one gift left to buy (a gift card), then I'm done with my holiday shopping. I'm leaving for home Saturday morning, and I'll be home until January 1st, so that will be an eating challenge, but a wonderful vacation all the same. I moved into a quieter place, and I adore it. I have an extra room for sewing/an office, and a great big kitchen to cook in, and my neighbors have dogs that I can spoil with treats and affection.

Things are generally good here in my end of the world. I hope you guys have been well while I was gone. I'm sorry I went away for so long, but, seeing as I'm not good with money, the OT was necessary to balance things out. ::hugs:: Talk to you soon ladies!

Last edited by Ariana2000; 12-17-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
BAndit, I'm so glad you've got someone to help with your driving. That much snow is not at all fun. We've got snow on the ground, but in comparison there's nothing to complain about.

Ariana, I am soooooo happy to hear from you. Your weight loss is awesome.
It's thrilling to have you back because you always have good ideas and input to help Turtles tweak their progress. Hey, here's a for knocking off your credit card debt. I remember how hard you worked to take care of that. You're smart to limit your new bills to $800 since it's extremely easy to let the totals climb and start all over again. back ==good to hear from you. Enjoy your visit home. It's so cozy there.

Cherry, I've got my fingers crossed that your meds help you out and you start feeling the way you want to be. Here's another to help you on your way.

Princess, we're all pulling for you and sending you : I hope your doc can find a way to relieve the pain.

INVU--here's hoping your little buddy is well on his way to mending now and those pox are fading.

Today was a tough day for me. I 'm baking for Christmas and the stuff is darn yummy if I have to say so myself. I've got it all in the basement freezer so that if I want something, I have to get into the cellar which is not all that much fun. LOL. Anyway--here's a to all of us to get through these days enjoying friends and family and putting food into a secondary position. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Old 12-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

OMG, Ariana! I am so glad you are back, I have been thinking about you a ton lately! Great weight loss!

I went to the doctor and it seems that the nerves are very pinched by the bulging disks... I got the spinal injection (ugh, lets not talk about them!) and have started physical therapy, starting to get some relief but it will be a long climb back I fear.

I skipped W/I on Saturday as we got hit by a bad snow storm... busy trying to get caught up on holiday shopping,etc.

I will check back soon but have to fly to a doctors appointment right now.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #12  
Chick

Okay Princess, thanks for chiming in. I hope the shot works and please try not to do too much to get caught up. Okay--why did I say that? Of course you're gonna "catch up"
Judy
It's really great ot have our succaessfyl Ariana back, isn't it?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #13  

Judy -- awww...thank you! It is great to be welcomed back so enthusiastically. I feel very loved and appreciated with all of the nice things you had to say, thank you so much! Yes, I'm thrilled to have the credit cards down, not happy about the $800, but it could be so much worse.

Christmas baking is so hard, I buy what I need wherever possible. I don't have the willpower. If I will be baking, I make sure that it's out of sight, out of mind, or better yet, out of the house. I like the cellar idea -- the farther it is out of sight, the harder it is to get to, the better.

Princess -- why thank you! How sweet of you. I am sorry to hear about your health problems, and I hope that it gets better very soon. What awful timing, being in pain during the holidays.

As for me, ladies, I'm proud of myself -- I tried step last night, and made it through the whole intro class. I'm horribly uncoordinated, so there were some embarrassing moments, and my good friend kept having to stop to explain new moves to me, and it was hard work, but the bottom line is that it's a good work out, and it's a change, which is important. I stopped working out for about 1.5 months -- I had to give up caffeine for two weeks in preparation for a blood test, and it just knocked me out. They found out that I have a kind of hypothyroidism, which is why I feel so tired so often, so you can imagine what it was like going without coffee. And then I went to New Orleans for a week on business, and it was so hard to get back into gear. But I'm working on it. I know that, once it becomes a regular habit again, it'll be much easier. I'm tricking myself into going to the gym by agreeing to just do 30 minutes on the elliptical, and if I feel like it, I'll do something harder and longer, like step or spin -- the hard part's getting in the door! I have found that psychological tricks like that help with the "startup" anxiety and dread of getting back into working out. And if all I manage is the elliptical, well, every little bit helps...

Tomorrow is my WW meeting during lunch. We had our holiday party Friday, and I was Not Good, so I'll be thrilled with maintenance. Thursday I'm having lunch with a friend so that I can give her a Christmas gift, so I will try and chime in Friday, and when I'm gone in Phoenix if possible. I have a feeling that the holidays will make it a bit quiet around here.

Anyway, back to work. :: to my turtles!

PS -- I found a "before" picture of me from 2002 that's sharper and more telling (it shows more of my weight gain), and I'm scanning it. I'll have to show it to you guys with my latest "after" picture, it's amazing.

Last edited by Ariana2000; 12-18-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Just a quicky about me. Went to WW's WI this morning and stayed for the mtg. but skipped the scale. Bumped into a gal I had known 31 years ago where we both participated in a program. We both lost all the weight we needed to, and then had no idea how to maintain. Now here she is at WW having lost 114# over the past two years and she's older than I am so it can be done! What an inspiration to me. I came home, had a Core lunch and have planned out core foods and menus for the upcoming week with 35 points to use sparingly for Christmas treats. I'm really up right now and I'm so glad I bumped into her. No coincidences is what I think!!!! She usually attends a mtg. on Tuesday at another location but the mtg. place was closed because their heating system broke down! How weird that of all the mtgs. she could have attended, she showed up at mine this week. Thought you'd like the story.

Good luck and best holiday wishes to you all.
Judy
Old 12-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #15  

Judy -- that is a great story! Inspiration is so important, and I'm glad that you are feeling so pumped up. That's wonderful.

As for me, I weighed in yesterday, and I'm up 1 pound. Not at all surprising, considering that I didn't work out last week, and ate a bunch of junk on Friday and didn't track. I know I should, but I think I'm scared to face up to the points, so I don't. Cowardly, maybe. But I noticed an interesting trend -- I felt too tired to workout last week, but that really reduced my willpower when it came to food (I'm a big stress eater, so without working out, my stress had no outlets.) So I have to keep working out, even if it's only 30 minutes on the elliptical because I'm tired. I've worked out 2x this week, and I'm going to try for a third Friday. My calves still hurt from step on Monday. I worked through it last night, but I still hurt a lot, so I think I need a night off tonight.

So, what's your plan for making it through the holidays, ladies? I'm going to track, go out and buy a bunch of fresh fruit and make healthy muffins for a snack (I have a great recipe for muffins that are delicious, 2 points for regular size, 1 points for minis, and they freeze very well.) I also plan to work out as much as I can at night during the week. I hate to workout in the morning because my energy levels are so low that I'm ruined for the rest of the day. So it has to be morning.

Anyway, that's the news. Hope you ladies are having a good day. Talk to you soon!

But, well, it's the holidays, people make silly mistakes...my goal now is to maintain until New Year's. And I'm going to track every day BEFORE I eat it. Even if I go over my points, that keeps me conscious.