South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #1  
EH1

Default Hello Everyone!!!

Hi Everyone!

I've been on SB now for a month and although i've made a few posts i've never actually said hello! I've been lurking aound the boards and have found all the advice to be brilliant! Just as i'm wondering about something, up pops a thread which answers all my questions! For example, I have just found a website that i can order the syrups from but had no idea what to do with them and i come to the forum and there is a whole thread on what to do

I was a bit sceptical at first about the diet and if it would work for me as it was very similar to how i ate normally. I already ate wholewheat pasta, brown rice, skimmed milk etc. It's just i ate a whole lot of chocolate along with it I'd tried Atkins before and although i did lose some weight i just couldn't get my head around eating all that fat - it just felt wrong, so i left Atkins and tried to do healthy eating 'my way'. Well, i've figured out i need a plan and once i've got a plan i'm sorted!

So in 4 weeks i've lost a staggering 11lbs!!!
This is amazing for me as i've always found it near impossible to lose weight but somehow it's just working. I've been following a combination between Phase 1 and Phase 2 for the last 2 weeks as i've had some social nights that i just couldn't pass up. Although i've not cheated once with food, it's alcohol that is my sticking point. I'm not an alcoholic but i'm young and dinner and drinks with friends is still a big part of my life. Still i think i've done pretty well so far, i used to be a self-confessed chocoholic and i still would love a bar but i'm so determined this time.

My biggest test so far will be this weekend as i'm going to my best friends wedding. It's in a beautiful Scottish Highland castle and we're going up Thursday night until Sunday so my willpower will have to be on full alert

Anyway, enough of my ramblings! Thanks for all the great advice and looking forward to sharing the highs and lows with you all! I'll be doing Phase 1 hardcore in January so will be joining you all then!
EH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Welcome, EH1! Glad to have you here! Be sure and check in with us on the daily chat - it's a great place for support, friendship and general gabbing! Looking forward to getting to know you and here's some for this weekend!

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi EH and welcome! Sounds like you are doing great!
This weekend will be a challenge for you for sure, but sounds like great fun. Just focus on your amazing surroundings and your friends rather than food. Wish I could come along!
Just remember that we all have things we're not willing to compromise. An occasional glass of wine or chocolate treat can definitely be part of your Phase II plan, as long as you don't overindulge. I eat a piece of dark chocolate most weeks. I enjoy it so much more now than I did when I let myself eat all I wanted.
You're right, this is a great place for information and support, and it looks like lots of us will be starting off the new year with a phase I re-visit, so you'll have plenty of company.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, EH1! From your "accent," I'm assuming you're in the UK somewhere? I'm jealous! It's a beautiful place...and it has plenty of SHEEP! (I have this huge crush on sheep after touring Ireland last year... )

Anyways, I'm so glad you're here--like you, I found the information here to be very pertinent and valuable. Sounds like you are doing great! Good for you!

Obviously, if you know chocolate is your downfall, you might find it easier to just cut it out completely. But once you are on Phase 2 (which you should technically be on now--staying on P1 longer than 2 weeks isn't good for your health or your diet. See the thread in the FAQ for more details on why), you can have 1 oz of dark chocolate once a week. I have mine on Saturday nights and just love it! It makes me so happy--and I love knowing that I can have something if I'm out with friends. Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate were on the menu when I went to DH's work party last weekend and I was able to eat those while everyone else ate cookies and cake. It definitely helped!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

EH1 Great job on the loss so far.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your great success so far! You've done so well that I'm sure the wedding will fly by with nary a worry.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote