Old 12-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Default Lumps and Jiggles

So, how's it going for all of you?

At just about 60 lbs. lost my body has turned into a very loose and jiggly mess. The boobs hang low and they're swinging to and fro; the "apron" is not only there and flappy, but it is all jiggly and lumpy now; every area that had/has a large fat deposit is jiggly, wiggly, lumpy, and dimply. Their beauty is only aided by a network of stretch marks.

Genetics and age are not in my favor....but what can you do.

(I know there are a lot of discussions in the Maintainers area, but I'd like to know from my 100+ losing friends in all stages of loss).
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Well, BattleAx, all I can say is welcome to my world! LOL! I'm in the same predicament. The only positive I have to share is that when I have my clothes on you can't tell, and DH and I have been married for 20 years and he's not put off by it, so...............I'd rather have the loose skin, lumps, jiggles and all those other things than the 100 pounds that used to fill that space. GOOD LUCK!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Oh, I'd rather have this mess than continue down the path I was, believe me.

I don't have a DH or SO, and I'm just starting to put myself out there on the dating scene, so I've got a lot of concerns about how this will work in the future. But again, I'll take the thinner and lumpier route over fat and unhealthy any day.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yes, 46 lbs. down, I am kind of like one of those drawings of the old elephants in the Babar books. Just kind of wrinkly all over. Boobs are all shot to ****, just empty shells of their former glory, and I haven't really looked at my butt, but it feels kind of saggy. Yep, I'm a real beauty and I'm loving every minute of it.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It isn't necessarily an age thing - I'm 25 and lumpy, saggy, wobbly, and generally marked. It isn't fun, and sometimes, it really bothers me. Other times, though, I consider where I came from and how far I've come, and give myself a break.

The only consolation is that I had no boobs to start with, so they are no wobblier than they have ever been.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm quite jiggly and wrinkly and wobbly myself, but I'm ok with it so far. Trust me, I'd rather not look like this, but it's a heck of a lot better than what I looked like at 275. One thing that bothers me a lot is that my "top roll" of fat on my stomach divided in half, sort of. There's a line down the middle and two sort of saggy pouches instead of one. Kind of odd. Sigh... And yeah, the boobs? Forget it. Two empty sacks. I can't tell what bra size I should wear because they're no longer shaped like breasts. But hey, I can run more than 10 miles and wear a size 8, so I'm cool with it.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have to admit that lumps and jiggles are something that stalled me in my weight loss for a while. Now I've just kind of learn to accept it. There are things I do enjoy about my body and I am grateful to have lost the weight I have.

One thing I remember is no one has a perfect body (ok maybe some women have near perfect bodies) and I have to deal with what I got and not worry about what others have. I may or may not get skin removal surgery in the future (I'm a bit scared of surgery) but either way, I'll deal with my body as it comes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm 23 years old, and I'm jigglin' as well. *sigh*

The apron is the worst for me...puckered skin, and it grosses me out.

The boobs...ehh...not gorgeous, but I'll survive. LOL.

Last edited by Cassie501107; 12-10-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I'm already noticing this after losing only 30 pounds. I can just imagine what I'll look like when I reach goal. I'm not adverse to getting some "nip & tuck" if I can afford to. Otherwise, I'll just invest in some super supportive undergarments. Spandex, anyone?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

and don't forget BattleAx, maybe there's some jiggle and whatnot, but you're really pretty and that's what people see first

I'm down 50 and so far everything seems exactly the same as before just sucked in a bit LOL. The boobage has always been a bit low LOL so I always wear good bras! I'm hoping that as I've never lost/gained weight before (just been a steady incline) I might still have some "snap" left hahahah hey it's MY pipe dream so leave me alone! hahahahah

I'll laugh at this post when I'm picking my *** up off the floor!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I can't believe everybody is having these problems. My body snapped back into shape like I was a teenager.

Ok, maybe that's not exactly true, lol, but right now that's how it feels. My husband couldn't care less about the jiggles; he just likes the fact that his arms go all the way around me. I'm not losing too much sleep over it either. I didn't have a hot little 20 year old body even when I was 20 so I guess you don't miss what you never had.

BattleAx, I wouldn't worry too much about the dating thing. You don't strike me as the sleep around type, and anybody you really cared about enough to let him get that close to you is not going to be the kind of guy who's going to care about a couple of extra jiggles.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Oh yeah, I'm right there with you. It's so much fun to be in the bathtub and see all of your loose skin floating to the top of the tub. Actually, I'm not particularly unhappy with any part of my body except my very low tummy. I have a definite apron that will only disappear with surgery. And I have gone to see a plastic surgeon and am seriously considering a TT in 2008.

I have to say that as time goes by, my skin has seemed to get better. My shar-pei like thighs have seemed to get a bit better than they were 6 months ago. The upper part of my body isn't great but isn't lumpy anymore. Anyway, I am a 40 year old mom who has had 2 C-sections. So overall, I think I had pretty low expectations.

BUT, have I mentioned that I love my lower arms and hands! I can actually see the veins and when I'm lifting weights, they pop out. I keep seeing that and thinking "how cool".
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My body is by no means perfect. Or even close to perfect. Or even close to close to perfect. But it's perfect, or close to perfect for me.

At 44 years of age and the mother of three children and having been morbidly obese for 20 plus years, I didn't have very high expectations. And it's waay better then I ever thought it would have been. Like jtammy, there are parts of my body I love. I love seeing the muscles in my upper arms. And I too love my hands and the fact that my veins show through. I love the ripples in my chest and the bones that stick out in my shoulders and the shape of them as well.

I have seen improvement recently in the saggy skin that I have on my thighs and my former butt. Maybe there's more improvement to come.

I'm just so happy to be thin and fit and healthy and energetic that I don't mind the skin - at all. Sure, I'd prefer NOT to have it, but again, I'd take being thin with some excess skin, then being morbidly obese with none any and every day of the week.

A huge plus is that it is totally undetectable in clothing. Totally and completely.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #14  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I have only lost 36lbs so far. No skin hanging around. Things just seem to be shrinking. Hope it stays this way. Heck I didn't have a perfect body before the weight gain. I have no legs just hips and ankles. I don't care how many people say I have really long legs for my height, looks like hips and ankles to me lol. I am not as firm as I would like to be that is for sure. Hope that will come with the exerciseing and more weight loss.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-11-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Oh yes...I am a jiggly floppy mess too. I think I am growing wings on my arms. My sweet hubby of 30 years doesn't care. Oh well...this is better than the skin being full of fat, I guess.

I totalling understand.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-11-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote