Old 12-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Default i'm new...help!

good evening everybody!
I hope that I am using this properly, I am brand new and happened upon this dite by googling to find out comparisons between nutrisystem and jenny craig. I am not even sure where to begin. I am pretty heavy, I quit smoking about a year ago and am using that as a poor excuse for the weight gain. I have actively been working out about 4 days a week and at one point was at 7 days a week, cardio cardio cardio and really wasn't losing anything! I started reading a liitle and know that 6 pack abs start in the kitchen, not the gym. I need to have better eating habits. I eat too big of portions. I don't eat out often, never ever eat fried, fast food, but do tend to eat pasta and potatos etc. I was thinking about doing either nutrisystem of JC? any ideas or suggetions? my main problem like I said is portion control...i guess i just can't get it into my head to make the change???
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

By posting here you have taken the first step.You will find a lot of options here, the one that will work for you is the one that you will do.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

In addition to reading this website, I would go to the local library and research diet plans. Believe me, there are lots of them! Choose something that you can stick with permanently.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lboogs

That is funny, you found this site the same way I found it lol. When I started here that is what I was working on. Portion control and lowering fat. I ate Lean cuisines for probably the first 2 months of the journey I am on now. They did teach me portion control, they did lower my fat. Now I use fit day and enter my own foods, great site. I am working on getting all the required amounts of the four basic food groups in, have been doing really well for a few months on this. After you watch what you eat for a few months, portion control just seems to come naturally. Gave myself some basic limits on calories, fat and carbs and stick with it. I didn't find exercise helped me lose weight but I do some kind of exercise everyday, I know it is good for the body.

I think the difference between the two systems you are talking about are a persons tastes. I thought about joining one or the other but wasn't happy with the cost. There are some people that like one and some people that like the other. Seems to matter which foods taste better to each individual person.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-11-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all so much for the welcomes and advice. I know what I have to do, it's just the lack of motivation I have...sickening. I am so happy that I have found this site and will continue to look for advice and tips from wonderful people like yourselves! you are all inspirations!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #6  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

lboogs-First~WELCOME!!!!!
Second, congrats on deciding you have to do something, this has to be your choice. You have found a great site and 99.9% of the people here are SUPER sources of support, not only when you're doing well, but when you slip (believe me we all SLIP). So do some research and find some plan that YOU can live with....becuase believe it or not, it is going to be a life choice! You can lose your weight!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #7  

I agree. It can be done.
Koren Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote