Old 12-10-2007, 06:42 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability / Menus / Planning Dec 10th-16th

Do you need some accountability? Well come on over! This is a great place to get it!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Official weigh in day for me and..........I am down 3 lbs! I'll take it! I have to go change my ticker, then get ready for work....freezing rain heading our way and I want to give myself extra time for my drive to work!

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks -

Yesterday was good I had a wonderful, wonderful storytelling yesterday at a company Christmas party. They had so many fun things for the children to do: crafts, a balloon man, a train to give them rides around the factory, Santa, snacks, a "fishing pond" to catch fun prizes, a secret santa area where the kids could select presents for their parents and a storyteller. The kids had a blast. I don't think companies do much of that anymore. It was my third year there...I am happy to be part of this fun day. (I don't do parties very often.) PS - I just drank water while of was there.

Today -
- going to see the foot doctor today
- water, stretches, journal food, meditate
- finish Christmas shopping
- paperwork in my office

food -

breakfast - grits, flax & ff cheese, 1/2 banana
snack - brocolli
lunch - egg white salad sandwich with lf cheese, open face, green bean salad (canned green beans with Kraft Light Done Right Red Wine & Vinegar dressin - quick and yummy)
snack - baked apple with cinnimon and oatmeal on it
dinner - blueberry 12 grain pancakes, turkey bacon, sf syrup
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

schmoodle - hmmm...ricotta cheese - good idea. CONGRATS on being in ONEDERLAND That's awesome and a wonderful accomplishment.

Nicolen - sorry to hear about your stressful weekend. Oh my goodness! - I am glad your neighbors fire didn't effect your home. Glad you're OK.

Mavesse - yes, the corn dogs are yummy....I hope you can find them. (frozen food section with the Health/Vegetarian foods)

rakel - Hi!

Sara - hmmm, Crock pot chicken and veggie stew - Good idea.

suchaprettyface - Good for you - cooking ahead for the week. Great planning.

purplefirefly - an sugar free weekend...excellent!

mj5 - LOVE those good deals when shopping and just about done...GREAT. Hope you had fun decorating the tree.

Have a great day.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

mj5......great job on the three pounds down!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-10-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, 3FC Friends.

Schmoodle - What Onederful news!
MJ - Congrats on the 3 pound loss. You're really rocking!
Beverlyjoy - Hope the visit with the foot doctor goes well today.

Well, I'm back in the game today. Hubby planned our menu's for the week and went grocery shopping last night. As of this morning, there is no sugar in the house. I honestly can't believe that I've decided to get back on-plan now instead of waiting until January 1st. Maybe this ole girl has learned some new tricks this year.

Today's plan - Southbeach foods only, three meals and two snacks. Will do 30 minutes on the treadmill if my energy level is okay. I'm expecting some sugar withdrawal today and for the next couple of days.

Menu -
Breakfast - V8 and two slices of turkey bacon (just discovered that I forgot to turn on the crockpot last night....so no steelcut oatmeal for me today.)
Snack - Celery and natural peanut butter
Lunch - Turkey Sausage with peppers and onions plus some steamed broccoli
Snack - Smoothie with Unsweetened Soymilk, vanilla SF yogurt, a banana and strawberries.
Dinner - Grilled chicken, sauteed yellow squash.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-10-2007 at 07:48 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I could definitely use some accountability, so I am going to join in here. I already had McD's for breakfast, so that was a bad choice, but rather than say, "hey, my day is already ruined, so I'll just start again tomorrow," I'm going to instead say, "well, breakfast could have been better, but I still have the rest of the day to make better choices!"

So here's the plan for the rest of the day:
  • 2 packets lower sugar oatmeal
  • Smart Ones chicken parm frozen meal
  • lasagna (homemade w/ww noodles and reduced fat cheese)
  • natural no sugar added applesauce (if I feel the need for an evening snack, which I often do without--we'll see what tonight brings)
Also, if it's not raining, I'll take my puppies out for a walk around the neighborhood
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Here's today's menu:
B - Scrambled eggs and tomatoes, turkey bacon, V8
S - peanut butter celery and carrots
L - open faced turkey meatloaf sandwich, salad
S - clementine and a latte
D - Chicken Stir Fry
S - Ricotta creme

lol, Rhonda, yours and mine look a lot alike today! Glad to have you back on board!
Hi jillybean, I'm sure the rest of your day will be great!
mj5, 3 lbs is awesome! I haven't had a 3 lb week in a long time...
nicolen, wishing you a calm and stress-free week.
beverlyjoy, the ricotta is a south beach thing, though lots of people hate it, I don't mind it. I usually have Fage Greek yogurt in the evening with agave nectar and almonds, but I'm out of all three of those things, so I'll have ricotta with cocoa powder, splenda, and vanilla extract stirred in.

Happy on-plan Monday chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

GirlyGirlSebasWelcome to sugar withdraw sounds like you have been there before, so hopefully won't be too bad. I think I'm okay with it now...but this weekend we have two birthday parties and Christmas party, so we'll see how I survive not eating all the goodies there Shouldn't be too bad, since hubby can't have it either now. If he can do it, so can I.

I only lost 1 lb. this week...thanks to my little binge last night taking away a lb. I've been showing gone half the week it's okay, I will do better this week, and am happy to have one.

Plan for this week: stick to daily calories, moving onto week 3 of JM exercise plan, and I'm going to go out to the track and walk since it has suddenly jumped back up into the 70's here!

Today: 1800 calories
NO SUGAR
30 min. walk on track
JM workout
6 bottles water
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #9  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone,

I'm starting to wonder if I've got something tattooed on my forehead. At the gym last night, I was just getting started with my workout when the fire alarms went off and we had to evacuate. Stood outside for around 20 minutes before we got the all clear. Still, I had a good workout once I got back inside and I'm feeling it today.

I had a look at the boundary fence when I got home last night - it was too dark on Sunday night and I didn't have time yesterday morning - and one of the palings is a little bit scorched on the neighbour's side of the fence. I can live with that - once it's repainted it won't be noticeable.

Work is absolutely mad - we've hit the point where everyone is demanding that everything gets done before Christmas and at this time of the year it's probably not going to happen - our repairers and tradespeople are just as busy as we are. It'll be like that for the rest of the week and barring any disasters we'll be quiet next week and through Christmas and New Year. It'll give us a chance to catch up which is good.

Today's plan - gym again after work and go from there. I'm hoping to have as good a workout today as yesterday.

MJ, go you! You're doing awesomely!

Beverly, good on you for sticking to water despite all the temptations there must have been! You must have felt fantastic when you got home for doing that!

Rhonda, welcome back! We've missed you!

Jilly, welcome aboard! What sort of puppies have you got? I want a dog, but it's not very practical living where I am at the moment. When I move perhaps...

Schmoodle, you're doing so well at the moment! Fantastic stuff!

Purple, sounds like a great day! Good for you!

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Got out to the track and walked 35 minutes...felt good to be out in the sun! My toe that I broke a few months back started to really hurt on my last lap. It has not bothered me exercising at home...and soon as I got in the car it stopped hurting completely I plan to go again tomorrow...if my JM workout doesn't kill me tonight
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Mj5.. Congrats on the 3lb loss!!!
Rhonda.. sugar withdraw is not fun..
welcome jillybean!!
I hope everyone is doing great!!
I am still struggling with snacks.. same old, I know.. I know I will be able to overcome it, but I am not giving up.. I know I will succeed.
I did my exercising today 42 minutes on the elliptical and 14 minutes of general exercises.. and I was thinking of not exercising, silly me.
bkfst.. 7 grain hot cereal, banana, honey
lunch.. 2 smart dogs and 2 double fiber wheat buns, mustard
snacks.. fage 2% yogurt, pear and 3 dried apricots.
dinner...... I am not sure .. I know this is bad, making kids quesidillas, maybe I will have some ff refried beans with a salad and 2 corn tortillas.. that is healthy.
. if I get hungry for more snacks.. it will be oranges or yogurt.. I can do this!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #12  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

I have come to the conclusion that "everything in moderation" does not work for me. Lunch, for example, was totally unplanned thanks to some last-time junk that came up and had to be tended to immediately, so where did boyfriend and I end up? That's right, a greasy pizza joint. I told myself I would have TWO slices of veggie pizza, drink lots of water, and then stick exactly to plan for the rest of the day. Yeah, nice try, sweetheart. Pizza makes me want to binge. Badly. Once it hits my mouth, I want more of everything, including things I don't even LIKE.

It's disgusting, so I'm now putting certain things "off limits". I'm also going to start a sugar detox, because I've been eating entirely too much of it lately, and it makes me feel terrible. I hate the crash it gives me after it all wears off, much like caffeine does.

Instead of just saying, "Well, I've already blown it, I might as well eat what I want!", I'm going to try to do as much damage control as possible. Dinner will be salad of some sort, even though it's freezing cold outside. I'll find some way to dress it up a bit and make it more appealing to me.

Because my tattoo is on my foot, I haven't been able to do any sort of formal exercise lately, and it's grinding on me. Doctor says he doesn't want me doing any anyway because my knee is giving me fits again, but I just feel incredibly lazy. It's driving me batty.

...Short drive, though.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I wasn't very accountable over the weekend.... I was a little too free with myself. But, I'm back on track today. I can't tell you how I did for weigh in because my scale was damaged when our hot water heater leaked. So, I bought another one and we'll see how it goes!

Sara: Good plan on having the off limit food. Pizza is a tough one for me, too. I can relate!

Cheryl: Good job on getting the exercise in!

Purple: Hopefully you won't continue to have problems with your foot. Sometimes it is hard to bounce back from those things.

Jilly: Welcome! I always like to read what you post, so I'm glad you're here!

Have a good week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #14  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Diane--Good for you for getting right back on track!

Jilly--Welcome to the madness!

Purple--Owwies, yeah, I have a toe that I slammed in a car door a couple years back and when it gets really cold out, I have to buddy-tape it to the toe next to it, otherwise it kills me. I hope it gets better!

I'm not even thinking about the scale right now. I want to get healthy habits established before I worry about a number, so that when the numbers DON'T do what I want them to, I have something to fall back on, other than food.

Purple--I know you've been doing the "no sugar" thing, and I'm really going to try a sugar detox. In terms of withdraw, what was the hardest period of time for you? First week? Two weeks? What kind of time-frame am I looking at?

I want to have something I can tell myself..."Quit crying, you big baby, it only lasts a week!"
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Sara, I did the sugar detox on Phase I of South Beach last spring. As I recall, I felt a little jittery and cranky for about 3 - 4 days and by the end of the first week, the cravings were gone. Some of the beach chicks complain about a "flu-like" feeling or a headache, but their symptoms seem to clear up by the 4th day or so. The old time beachy chicks advise to make sure you get some dairy and some beans every day to help with the ickies. Once you're through the "detox" it is such a relief to not crave the sweet stuff anymore. I would never have believed it was possible until I tried it myself. I was a confirmed sugar-holic and could easily polish off an entire bag of candy or box of cookies in a day. So, if I can do it, I know you can too!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote