Old 12-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Where is everybody?

The board seems slow. I hope people aren't off taking a break for the holidays! Why wait til Jan 1? Do it now. No free pass for December. On Jan 1, will you weigh the same as you do now? Or more? Or less? It's up to you!

Ah well that's my pep talk for the day. I'd love to see more people posting!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #2  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

It is very quiet around here, I must admit. I'm gathering folks are just busy with shopping, decorating and parties. I'm sure this place will be bursting through the seams with posters come Janaury 2.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default hey, hey, you two

Lyn and lady,

I feel your impatience. I think you are very wise to warn against waiting until Jan 2. ....there were other posts today with great wisdom about not waiting to start our lives. None of us has tomorrow..so, that said, what do we do? What are we willing to do on Dec. 9. 2007 to ensure our goals and to make the lives of those around us better?

I am trying to not wait until Jan. 2 to be healthy......it feels great to move, and for the most part, healthy eating habits feel better than unhealthy ones.....besides that, it is the season....the season to reach out and help anyone we can....

So, let's be ACTIVE!!!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:53 AM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My job is eating my life. Overtime, overtime, overtime. Have to take it while I can get it. I can't speak for anyone else, but that is where I have been.

Also, HR is cracking down on internet surfing and I have to be a good girl.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:46 AM   #5  
it's always something

It's always this slow before Christmas.

Just wait
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:58 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Christmas Shopping!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I think people get busy and many folks have such a hard time at Christmas with food. This is the first December in years that I will be really trying to watch what I eat and try to have a sane relationship with food during the holidays. It makes me nervous...frankly, I am a bit scared. It takes so much energy NOT to eat. I'll take each challenge as it comes.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-09-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I can understand why the board is so slow. This is a busy time of year for so many, and it's an emotionally challenging time of year for us trying to get over our addiction to food.

I'm not waiting for January. Most days I'm right on plan with food and exercising at the gym 6 days a week. Last night I went to a Christmas party and I had one to many cookies and one too many glasses of eggnog. I'm a little tired and achy this morning but I'm eating my Kashi and having my tea and then I'm going to the gym. I might not have the most intense workout but at least my butt will be working out.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

This is my first healthy Dec. and I thank this board for helping me! I have been making the time to get on here because it does help remind me what I am doing and why...esp. like staring at my tickers in odd moments of silence! A lot of people have tons of social events, still have to work, and then there's decorating and shopping and all, just busy! I have blown off most parties so far because hubby is off in Arizona until next weekend and I don't want to go alone anyway....that's the excuse, but really I don't feel strong enough to face all the yummy food just yet, have to let the sugar withdraws die down some first.

Anyway, that's why I'm not too busy to be here...and I am SO glad i am here and working out instead!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

i think I'd be lost without my daily visits to 3fc!!
And doesn't it feel good to know that we've got a big head start over all the posters that will be showing up in January! This will be the first year on Jan. 1 that I won't be thinking "I've really got to do something about my weight this year".
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

It is a busy time of year

I'm always here but I don't always post.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I took the handmade challenge. Im doing all handmade gifts for my family/friends. So that alone has been eating up my time. Im still around though.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Wow, great to hear from you guys! Yeah, I guess it is a busy time. I have five kids, but I do most of my shopping online (great deals) so here I am. LOL! And I am also very happy that I am not waiting til Jan 1. I am down another pound today and if I can hang on through the cookie-making, etc, I hope to get rid of 5 pounds in December!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #14  

I find being on plan so important for my emotional health. For me, an already stressful time like Christmas becomes a nightmare when my eating is out of control. I never want to put myself through that again. I'm so thankful for a little slice of sanity this year!
Mavesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #15  
active kids, active mom

This is the first moment I have had to stop by today. My day began about 9:00 last night with my youngest vomiting through the night. That seemed to slow down right around 4:00, only to be followed at 5:00 this morning by my middle child vomiting. He went on until just before bed time and now, guess who is losing weight today in a bad bad way? Yes, I was the third to catch it. If I don't move too much I cam okay right now -- but who knows? Let's just hope this only lasts the 12 hours it lasted for my kids/

WHat a 24 hours.

All this to say, I have a note from hubby for today's absence, but I hope to be up and running (literally) tomorrow!

Thanks for the reminder.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote