Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat TGIF, Dec 7

TGIF!!!!!!!! last day of work...its funny because i won't be at work for well over a week. I have the next four days off..and then i fly out to portland oregan for an ultrasound training class. So i'll be working, but not really.
I hope everyone has a great day...off to work i go

Patricia
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Yippee ~ GG finally has some time off! Enjoy your long weekend Girl!

Hanna ~ I just finished reading your post from last night. Big hug to you sweetheart... sorry that things aren't going so well right now with Sean. Finding the right medicine *and* have it work for any length of time is exhausting. I feel so sorry for your little guy ...

I have stopped taking Accutane. YESSSSS!!!! Sunday was the last time that I took it and I can already tell a big difference in my body. The aches and pains aren't there like they were. My doctor doesn't know that I've stopped and he'll have a problem with my quitting early. However, he isn't the one that is aching from head to toe. My skin looks good right now but I am worried that I'll still have breakouts with my not taking it for the full amount of time. However, I could suffer thru this and take it another 3 weeks and still have breakouts then too. There are no guarantees. This is my favorite time of year and I'm tired of feeling like crap. So, I such a huge sense of relief to be off of the stuff. I know that it's a wonder drug and takes away acne, I just worry about what else it is hurting in the process...

Happy Friday to everyone!!!! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Ok ladies

I haven't been on in a while but I got my results with the 4 min workout

17 inches
2 1/2 pounds
That was missing weekends which they are closed and missing a few days due to taking cas to billings. I am so excited I could tell in my jeans and bra. Also they told me that this month I will probably loose more weight now.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #4  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

I hope everyone is doing well! I haven't had time to read over past posts. Crazy here with the holidays coming and getting ready to make the move back to Virginia.

I haven't weighed since before Thanksiving and amazingly it's not driving me too crazy. I know I'm still loosing because I can see the difference in my body and clothes. However, I am going to try to weigh in before I leave for DE for my shopping trip today! We will be back late Saturday and I am really looking forward to getting away.

I've been so emotional lately, the kids too. Moving can be tough. I have sent a few resumes out this week and keeping my fingers crossed for some calls soon.
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

IrishJoan...I remember seeing a show a while ago about Accutane. There were lots of teenagers commiting suicide and/or suffering from extreme depression from it. Sometimes it is best to go with your gut then listen to the doctor. Almost every medication out there has a side effect that is worse than the condition it was meant to treat. I wish you well!

Happy 2be...Thanks for the warm welcome!

rico... my downfall is Ghiardelli milk chocolate squares. OMG I used to buy a bag and hide them if my kids saw me eating one I would say it was the last...lol.

Last edited by tjjsmom; 12-07-2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: forget to add something
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

TJ, where in Jersey are you? I used to do the same thing with chocolate!

Beach, where is VA are you moving too? Have fun shopping in DE today! I haven't been there (to the outlets) since I was PG with #1!!

Sheila, CONGRATS girl!! 17"?! That's awesome!

Joan, Glad you're feeling better being off the Accutane.

GG, Enjoy your time off!!

Kari, Good for you having soup and salad! (I hope you got the dressing on the side?!)

Betty, CONGRATS!!!!! :baby: What exciting news! What's your EDD?

Rico, I'm more of a sweets person than salt...except during PMS. Lately I've found myself grazing a lot though.

Hanna, WOW girl, you are busy!! Sorry things are not going well with Sean. We did the Daytrana patch for a month, but Peter lost his appetite and had the rash too. He said it itched a little, but didn't bother him soo much that he refused it or anything. It was more the lack of appetite and lethargy that made me stop it. DH & I actually just decided to start giving DS 3 doses a day, instead of 2. He's just a nut after (and sometimes before) dinner, which gets #2 going too.

Have a great afternoon all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...busy morning at work..but i do get to take a short lunch break. Had to get out of the clinic...or i was going to murder my office manager. She called the other receptionist this morning and said since it wasn't busy she wasnt going to come in until 1...although she was schedule to work at 9. When she came in, i asked if anything was wrong...and she said no...then proceded to say i don't see why i can't do it, if everyone else does it. UHMMMM well because you ARE the office manager...you are suppose to set the example. UGHHHH freaking people..i'm going to kill my workers soon. I swear!!!!!!! ughhh sorry had to vent...feel a little better now (:

Joan - i'm with you...i don't necessarily think it was a bad idea. To me, bad skin (or the possibilities) is definately worth feeling like crap. I'd rather have horrible skin than go thr life with constant aches and feeling blah!

congrats sheila.

hey to everyone else. Going to cruise for a while until i have to head back to work...bye alll
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone!!!

SOOOO busy this AM. Just got on. Did my Firm and got out to do a few errands. Started laundry, had luch with Cadence and here I am. Jsut read through last night's thread...my goodness, it was busy!!! Honestly, I don't know how you ladies stay up, I'm out by 10pm at the latest!!

Betty...CONGRATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!!! Hope it's smooth and enjoyable with no morning sickness..

Sorry this is short but I gotta go play "mc donald's" with Cadence (she has a cashier set from last year that she just pulled out, so I have to order some food from her) Am having a sleepover with my friend's kids tonight...gonna take them to a light show at a local farm. Tomorrow we have the plumber's union Christmas party with Santa, face painters, entertainers, and a Mummer's String band (which most of you have probably never heard of). THen we're dropping the kids at MIL's and doing an adult cocktail party tomoerrow night. YAY!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend...will check in on Sunday if not sooner!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping by to say hi!!

Sheila 17 inches, that's awesome!

Pam, remember you are up alot earlier than some of us. I'm still fast asleep when you're up exercising. Plus, some peeps are west coasties.

GG, enjoy your long weekend.

Hanna, sorry about Sean. I hope you get the latkes all done in time. Just curious, what was the gift you didn't care for. BTW, I thought you had ordered your invitations from a company? I don't think it's too early for the invitations.

Since you all were talking about snacking, has anyone tried Cheez-it Twisters. OMG, they are yummy.

DH was supposed to be here by now but he got the moving truck stuck at the new house. Don't ask.... I am super stressed that's why I just finished off the box of twisters. He called me earlier today asking me to make Spaghetti for dinner. So, I go to the store to get the stuff. Then he just calls and asks if we were going out to dinner.

I hope everyone has a Super weekend.

Last edited by lois lane; 12-07-2007 at 04:51 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI every one!
GG have a great time in Portland, it is such a fun city! I love it there (just to visit not to live there)

Alicia is DH home yet? he is coming this weekend isn't he? The invitations were not printed right, so they were going to be replaced so I just asked them to please send me unprinted once this time, so they did and I printed them at home and I got a nice refund! As for the gift I didn't care for was a cookie decorating book, I don't buy cook books anymore, haven't for a long time, you can find just about anything on line and you can just print the recipe for the time you are going to use it, don't care if it gets food on it or not. If it is a good recipe you save it on your computer.

Joan I am glad you are off the meds, I hope you get the skin to stay nice, I hope you don't get problems again.

Sheila congratulations on the loss that is fabulous!!!

Hey beachomomma good to see you!

It was a busy day, but it was not physical at all, I went to see my therapist today, boy it felt great to get so much stuff out! then I had to do several things I didn't enjoy doing like going to the post office and waiting in big lines after just leaving the bank where the line was just as bad. I went knitting after running all my errands. We eat all together there on Fridays we have our "little group" and they lady that goes to pick up our lunches, is really good and very sweet, she never makes mistakes w/ever ones order, well today when she walked in the door w/lunch I said how I wish I didn't order anting as I was not really hungry, they forgot to put my order in so it workout perftect! I have to get started w/the latkes.
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

LBH... currently I am in burlington county... Pemberton. I used to live in Ocean county...Jackson by Great Adventure
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote