South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #1  

Default Thoughtful Thursday Chick In

Thufferin Thuckatash! It's Thursday already!!! Ahhhh, that's better!

Cat: I bet you're going to have some menu for the holidays! Getting a Domain name is a neat idear!
LC: Congrats on the new car! I love Standard trans... my Trailblazer is my first non standard car ever... I miss it down here where driving is actually a pleasure.. but back in Joisey commuting into the Bronx , my clutching foot was not happy! Enjoy!!!

Cottage: Glad you're feeling better! You're our very own Martha! I cookies..my biggest weakness for sure... I love thumbprint cookies where you fill the middle with jam ... YUMOLAH!

ThinbyJune: It's awful when you have to work in a bad environment- I hope DH finds something more suitable.

Kara: for you and Pepper Sticks!
Schmoo: are you guys all snowed in?
Pacer: The title of todays thread was inspired by you! hmmm what was I proud of yesterday? DH wanted Wendy's for dinner.. I told him not for me... I opted for Bean Salad instead!

Gonna: that SouthBeach Split sounds DElish! A once in a while treat aint bad... and you made it SBD friendly!

Kim: I hope you're feeling rightas rain soon I use to love trampsing in the woods and selecting our tree..What fun! Are you going back to school? What for?

Beachie: I haveta admit I dont miss the snow up north..
GIVE! What are these lemon drop cookies???? I cant wait to set up my office here, it sounds like yours is just a little piece of paradise.. we go out this weekend shopping for furniture

Weezie: sounds like a deeeelightful night you had.. I love candles too..I use to be a partylite consultant.. I spent all my profits on more candles!

Last night we managed to get about 5 more boxes un packed.. slow but steady! Can someone please tell me why I still have a 1977 stereo with 8 track capability? 6 bowling balls (DH hasnt bowled in 15 years), "stirrup" pants? A box full of LPS and 8tracks??????? HOARDING stops now in the SchatziHouse!!!! Ok, gotta get a refill, and start the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fer Allllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Schatzi; 12-06-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:01 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the jumping purple smiley, Schatzi! I'm not so curious as to why you have your 8-track stereo, stirrup pants, and multiple bowling balls but more curious as to why they got packed and sent to your new house!!! We always find strange treasures when we move (and we've moved seven times in our eight years of marriage!).

Good morning to everyone else! I'm procrastinating from doing the dinner dishes so I thought I'd check in. I had portobello "pizza" and roasted eggplant and zucchini. It was delicious!

Better get to those plates before the food gets caked on.

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning, Ladies...
running a bit late this morning trying to get some work done before leaving for school.
Schatzi, sounds like it's time for a mega yard sale! Yep, it's amazing what we hold onto!
Kara, we ended up having eggplant last night too. I grilled some chicken cutlets and grilled some eggplant, then stacked them up and put some leftover spaghetti sauce and mozz. cheese on top of that and baked it. It was really good, ok, I know you could do without the chicken. Tonight it's talapia!

I found out something very dangerous yesterday...I found out there is a restaurant supply place about 5 minutes from my house..uh oh. I have been looking and looking online for 3 items that I just haven't been able to find...heavy white "diner" mugs, small oval plates and bullion cups. Found them yesterday right here...who knew?? I thought it was just a refridgeration place all these years! They told me they are moving next year to a big facility and will be a "culinary superstore"...sounds like trouble to me. It's like a big toy store to me. I also got a big cookie jar and a neat aluminum pitcher for measureing liquids in quarts. Schatzi, I guess one day my kids will be having a mega yard sale with all my junk!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a white winter wonderland! The kiddies have a 2 hr delay, so everyone can ease into the morning. Not much happening today. We had a lunchdate planned yesterday that we cancelled, so that's probably the plan for this afternoon. I know Audrey was dying to go out tobagganing yesterday, I'll have to go look for it in the barn. It'll be fun to give it it's first workout of the season!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, sounds like you hit "paydirt"! Have fun shopping! That eggplant dish sounds so good. I love eggplant but it doesn't like me. I always feel queasy after eating it. The only way I can eat it is in ratatouille.

Kara, better get cracking on those dishes! Actually, I'm one of those weirdos who enjoy doing dishes by hand. It brings back memories of the special one-on-one times with my mother while sharing that chore. We have a dishwasher, but mainly use it on the weekends.

Schatzi, sounds like it's time for a yardsale or a trip to Goodwill!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:47 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, I'm jealous of your kitchen supply store shopping! I love those places!

Linda, have fun in the snow! Guess my family is all out sledding as well.

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

I actually don't mind doing the dishes either. We haven't had a dishwasher since we moved out of our house on base last December, so it's gotten to be routine. It's a nice way to wind down from a rushy-rush day!

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies
I've been looking forward to the end of Ph1 and then it occurred to me this morning...the only thing I want that is not allowed right now is a glass of red wine and I don't want it all that bad. the cravings have been banished. O.K. so FH went to work yesterday to find out his boss had postponed the jobs because of "some stuff" he had to take care of. FH is worried about how we will pay for the wedding next year but truth is I have bought almost everything and we will come in under budget of $3000 for wedding and reception. I also called one of our vendors and he set up an interview for FH today. Thanks for everyone's support. I knew I could count on you all.

Schatzi I'm sure you live by the motto waste not want not and any day now 8 tracks and stirrup pants are bound to make a huge come back
Femme I love restaurant supply stores too. I only ever get to go for work though, not as much fun.
Kara Good luck with the dishes and for making healthy choices.
Cottage The lunch date sounds fabulous. How's the ankle?

Everyone have a great day
Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaarrrggghhhh! Just rushed around to get the garbage ready and the guys with the truck just drove by as I was bundling up to go out. It's 7ºF! I guess I'll be taking a trip to the delightful dump later today.

I'll try to get back to chat later. More snow is on the way!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, if it's really that cold outside just put your trash out and it will freeze and not be a problem!

Dawn, you are a wedding planning master! I bet you can't wait!

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning chicks,
We all slept in this morning as no school today and the kids are pretty delighted. They got out 2 hours early yesterday and headed straight for the sledding hill and had a blast. The first snow is always the most fun! At least they are old enough to get in and out of the snow gear without help. I guess we ended up with about 6 inches here.

Schatzi, we've been in this house 5 years, and I just finished unpacking the last boxes about a year ago. Couldn't figure out why we bothered to move some of that stuff. Since then I've been on a de-cluttering mission! Next time we move (if ever), I won't move anything I don't really want to keep!
Cat, any good suggestions for Tilapia? I love fish, and the tilapia goes on pretty good sale here on occasion, so I loaded up the freezer with it. But I prefer fish that tastes like fish (salmon, tuna, bluefish), and I find the tilapia pretty tasteless. Actually, it kind of tastes a little bit like dirt to me. Do you marinate it?
Kara, I didn't have a dishwasher in this house until last year when we remodeled the kitchen. I love my dishwasher! My hands were in terrible shape.
Thinby, I'm sure everything will work out for the best and the wedding will be lovely!

I uploaded some pix yesterday and thought I'd share. Here's DD, pleased with herself after her show on Tuesday. And a picture of my banister for cottage. And here's one of my house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0511.jpg (22.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0520.jpg (33.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0530.jpg (40.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 12-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoo, your daughter is so cute, your light in your entry is beautiful, and your house is just Christmas-perfect! I can't wait to get our "real house" (what we call our post-military abode)!!!

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya everyone! I am stll feeling a bit uh as I still feel achy & tired. I went home after work and went straight to bed.

Cat way to go on your good finds

Dawn do keep us posted on how things for your fh

Ruth that is some cold weather. Be sure to bundle up and stay warm

Hope everyone has a great healthy day!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #14  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! I keep meaning to post over here and haven't done it yet....so hi!

Schmoodle, My favorite recipe for tilapia is "Easy Fish Parmesan," it is in the phase 1 entrees on this site. It's soooo yummy!!

Cat, I love reading about your recipes. I wish I liked eggplant. The only place I have liked it is in China, and I understand their eggplant might be a different variety than we get here. They stir-fried it with a dark sauce (black bean maybe?) and it was awesome. We ate it almost every day.

Speaking of recipes, does anyone have an idea on how I could lighten up this one? http://kalofagas.blogspot.com/2007/1...nd-squash.html

Good morning to everyone else! I have not been home one single night this week and it's starting to wear on me. I have had "the yuck" for a week now and wake up hacking up a lung most nights. Bleccch. I am looking forward to resting at home tomorrow night while my DH watches our alma mater try to get to their division championship!! Go Spiders!! (University of Richmond) If they do get it he will go to Chattanooga next Friday to watch the game since it's so close!

Hope everyone is happy on this chilly morning! I am so glad it's mild here. It's plenty cold for me!

Jessie
Old 12-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Chickies! Another cold one here, talking a lovely mix of rain and snow tonight. ICK!

Schatzi I am honored you thought of me when posting todays title! My proud moment yesterday was subscribing to Fitness Magazine for 2 years and checking out new yoga downloads for my ipod. Time to firm up this body now that the weight is gone! Boy do I know the feeling about "stuff". Why in the world are there not one but two tubas in my son's closet?????? I would donate them to the school but they are so old they school gave them to him!

Kara portobello "pizza" sounds wonderful!

Cat Wow 5 mins from your house???? I would be in so much trouble! Probably would have to apply for a part time job there to support my habit!

Cottage Now I have the opposite experience doing dishes with my mom, she would always clean the fridge when I did dishes!

Thin Sounds like you have got the wedding planning under control! Good job!

Schmoodle You just keep your snow to yourself! The only time I like it is if I can stay in and don't have to go anywhere! I love your house!

Gonna & Jessie Hope you get well soon!

Me Nothing much new. Looking forward to the weekend, need to get some shopping done and get those christmas cards out! Time to get to work! Have a great day girls!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 12-06-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Closed Thread