South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Questions about Phase 1 redo

So I'm back on Phase 1 to try to get myself in control after the summer at home in the States and then Thanksgiving seem to have thrown me completely off-kilter. For anyone who has redone Phase 1 before, I have a few questions.

1. Did you find it easier to do Phase 1 the subsequent time(s)? I feel like my body is saying, "Oh, right, this is *so* much better! I remember this now!!!" I had a headache for a couple hours on Day 2 but since that I've felt outstanding, and I'm so excited!

2. Did you gradually add things back in as you re-started Phase 2 or did you just go by what you knew from the first time you made the transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2?

3. Did you stay on Phase 1 the entire two weeks? I think I will for principle's sake, but I was wondering if it's possible to detox quicker the second time around.

Thanks for any input!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Hi Kara-
Well I'm just a rookie but the second time around seemed alot easier. I also had a headache and a case of the grouchies, but that may have just been a dumb people at work thing, on day 2. I was wondering the same thing about the two weeks but then yesterday I couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted a milkshake (I didn't cave) so 2 weeks it is. My plan is to add back slowly like the first time.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks, Dawn!

Kara
Old 12-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kara I had to redo phase 1 about a month ago and it was easier almost as if my body loved that feeling. I did the whole two weeks and went slowly back into phase 2. Good luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I dont usually do the full 2 weeks, 3 days minimum is all that is necessary if it has been a short deviation. I run too much to stay on phase 1.

The recommendation is that you stay on it long enough to lose any weight you regained 3 days min, 2 weeks max.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Kara!

You're doing the right thing.

I've redone P1 several times, usually after a planned week of cheating abroad. Even though I haven't regretted my gastronomic adventures, I'm usually dying for P1 by the time I get home. I just want to feel healthy and normal again! I usually do a week, but my willpower gives out around Saturday. My cravings are gone by Thursday morning, but I think the extra days help me to pay attention to what I'm eating and feeling and get me back on track.

I always go back to what I was eating on Phase 2 unless it was something I ate during P2 that triggered the cravings. Usually I just "go back to normal."

Hope that helps! for your journey!

Last edited by beachgal; 12-05-2007 at 02:26 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #7  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I too restarted ph2 after a summer of fast food and sugar and an added 16 lbs. This friday will be two weeks for me on PH 1. I did remember alot of do's and don't s. That doesn't mean that I did not cheat. I had a couple of moments. I also ate fruit, maybe 5 corn chips and a sweet. I also eat low-carb wraps. Last night and tonight I had brown rice.

Even with the 'mess ups' I am eating alot more healthy foods and by energy level is up. I do feel lots better than before. I'll wiegh in after friday and see if the 'mess ups' hindered me much. If they did I'll just continue on for awhile longer.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Ennay, do you find you have a problem having enough energy to run while you're on Phase 1? I did a six mile run on Monday and another today and I really had to push through today. Now, four hours later, I'm totally drained. Have you had the same experience?

Kara