Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default My New Friend ~ Pot o' Blackberry Tea !

This is really fun! I've posted a new 'sign' at the computer (where I lounge every spare minute when not doing chores or other disciplines) that says NO CALORIES HERE. Okay, so what are my choices? Lots of black coffee, black or herb tea, or sugarless drops. Since my favorite drops are lemon/mint, that doesn't go well with black coffee or tea, but very well with fruity teas, such as TraderJoes Blackberry, and Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger. So, I have this little teapot (which I shall make a nice tea cozy for) and I have decided to go ahead get out (of the back of a very high cupboard) one of my special heirloom teacups & saucers.

I can't even describe to you how pretty the pink tea looks in this delicately hand painted fine china with pink flowers. I suggest all of you trying this, it's very delightful, and will appeal to your Inner Child , guaranteed.

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 12-05-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I love this idea! You're making it a real treat for all the senses! I like the idea of a no-cal zone (and "no calzone" would work too ) by the computer. I'll have to try this.

Cheers!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

A "No Cal" zone by my computer would NEVER work - I often take lunch at my desk so I can exercise on my lunch breaks. I know you're not supposed to eat when you're distracted, but I figure that slightly less than ideal thing is superceded by the good exercise thing.

Still, tea IS a treat for the senses. I've been known to take my good china pattern wedding registry teapot, fill it up, and pour myself tea into my little cup with a saucer.

I can't wait to get my grandma's collection of china teacups. I have to wait until I have a place to store them, though.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #4  
Wandering in the Woods

Okay, I've already blown my No Calorie Zone rule for the day. Since I didn't overeat lunch (which was eaten in front of the computer today) I'll rationalize that once is okay. My biggest goal to reach of the day is to NOT OVEREAT.

Whichever way we do it, Blackberry Tea in your finest china is still a self indulgent and positive thing. All those vitamins in the rosehips and herbs in the Zinger type teas, and it's even hydrating. Also, I am convinced the fruity flavor helps stave off cravings for carbs and fats. Could be in my imagination.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #5  
Low Carb Newbie

Height: 5'8"

It's after dinner, I was sitting at the computer browsing through the 3FC site, feeling peckish and irritated about it, when I came across this post. Thank you for the great suggestion!!! I went upstairs and rooted through my Mom's new collection of herbal teas - now I'm back at the comp with a cheerful red mug of mango-passionfruit that is filling the room with sweet tropical perfume.
RoseJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

My mom was a BIG tea drinker and we got her special cups and pots over the years. Now that she is gone I have a few of them I kept. One I use for tea when I am not feeling well and another chubby little pot with matching chubby mug I use when I need a treat. Great idea - presentation is everything.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #7  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I still can't quite believe that anything as delicious as mint tea isn't fattening.
<3 tea. I often finish up work in the morning while eating cornflakes in front of my computer, so I couldn't make it into a no calorie zone, but that's definitely a suggestion my bedroom needs. Thanks!
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #8  
Wandering in the Woods

Ah yes, mint and chamomile are delicious, and no calories either. Want a little hint? If you buy a little vile of peppermint oil, and add the tiniest drop to your tea (I mean TINY, like with the tip of a toothpick) you will have a cup of Liquid ALTOID stregth mint tea. And , by the way, mint is excellent to calm an upset or sour stomach.

And yes Witchy... presentation is everything.

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 12-06-2007 at 11:22 AM.