Old 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Tues. Dec 4th

GOOD MORNING!!!

Well, did my treadmill. Last week I was kind of sick, only worked ot twice instead of 6X, and ate like crap. It showed up in a TWO POUND WEIGHT GAIN today!!!! GRRRRR!!! Gotta watch myself, cause it wasn't even related to holiday stuff, just me stuffing junk in my mouth (i.e. chips, peanut butter on a spoon,etc....a lot of mindless snacking), although I did drink on Saturday night, so I'm sure that had something to do with it!!

Today, gotta drop off DD at preschool, then off to volunteer at the secret shop at DS's school for the morning. Not much else going on...gotta go get in the shower.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...gonna be VERY windy & cold here...brrr!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

pam...congrats on getting back into the swing of things. Nice to see you start off the tread again.

I did go to the gym last night and did 45 min aerobics. I felt great after wards. I have my last training session tonight. With pony coming, i'm not sure if i'll be able to afford more, however, i did ask all my family to pitch in and get me some as a christmas gift....so we'll see. Tomorrow is my weigh in...so we'll see if i lost or gained..i'm a bit worried since i ate like crap this weekend in Chicago...but who cares..you don't get good deep dish pizza every day! (:

off to get ready for work..bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

I'm up .4 this AM...that's OK.

Pam, according to Google Maps, I'm 30 miles from NYC and 52 miles from Trenton. I grew up about 20 minutes from NYC.

It's FREEZING here this AM...windy and snowing!! At least most of the snow from the weekend melted yesterday. And of course it's freezing in my office too...my toes are cold. I hate the cold! (Just in case any of you didn't already know that!)

Have a nice day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #4  

good morning everyone!

been MIA for awhile...i havent gotten a chance to catch up on everyones post but i did want to say ~ gg: im sorry for your loss, im glad you were able to go for the services

well...my FIL is also resting in peace now...everything is completed...services, viewing, all prayer days...we did him well i think..big mario is having a hard time and we paid for the majority of everything as it was a completely unexpected death...we are also consulting an attorney..we will see..i hate to do that, however, sometimes people (even dr's) need to be held accountable for their mistakes and misjudgements...sad it cost someone their life...

on a brighter note....its almost christmas!...my bday is christmas day so this is my fav holiday...dominic will be home for christmas..my brother his wife and their 3 kids will be here from arizona...i cant wait...i have about 1/2 of my shopping done...doing some more today..after today i should just have my 2 kids to finish up and big mario...

i havent weighed myself recently...i need to get in and do that but honestly im a little nervous...but i really need to so i know where i stand..

its pouring here...give me cold any day....I HATE THE RAIN..i know its needed an all but that doesnt make it any easier for me to like

well...gotta go get ready for work...i will try to catch up tonight...congrats to all those who have lost weight....keep it up!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, it is alot of fun helping the little ones pick out gifts and such, some of the kids know exactly what to buy and others will be in there forever.

GG, can you buy as many training sessions as you need? Or is there a minimum that you must buy and use?

Yesterday about this time I was starting dinner(chicken and dumplins). Trying to get an early start on dinner. Guess what I am cooking right now, the same thing. (it smells so yummy) All I got done yesterday was the carrots and onions and the electricity went out. Didn't come back on till about 7. So, I just took the kids to Dairy Queen. Didn't get any packing done either, so I will have alot to do today.

OH, today I saw a pic of myself from our Thanksgiving in FL, it was awful. I seriously need to blow that pic up and post it on my fridge for motivation. Maybe even carry it around with me, put it as my pic on my debit card or something.

I hope everyone is having a good one.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Today was my day off and I went in to work for someone else, for a couple hours. While there I was called into the human resource managers office because the store manager wanted to talk to me. (Nothing bad!) The corporate hr person had called and wanted to know about me. I will probably have a phone interview this week or next for the Management in Training program. It looks really promising that I will get in. :crossedfingers:

The other day I stepped on the scale and it said I weighed 8 lbs. So mom got on and it didn't even register. I think for Christmas, I will be getting myself a nice scale.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #7  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Hi ladies. I am new here and I saw this board and thought it would be perfect for me. I am a 32 yr old SAHM, married to the most wonderful man & we have 4 kids all together. My step son lives in Louisiana with his mother though. My DD is 15 (15 in Jan.), DS #1 is 12, and DS#2 is 18 months. DSS is 14 (15 in April). I am currently doing WW. Need to get back into the journaling part of it, but I am a huge procrastinator. I have been for the most part maintaining for the last 3 months. Which in it self is great, but considering I haven't even made it 1/2 way to my goal yet, not quite what I want to be doing in this stage of the game. When I think about all the crap I have been eating the last 3 months, I am proud that I have maintained, just need to get motivated again to keep losing. Well that's a bit about me.... Hope you all don't mind if I join your chat.
skinnyvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Kari...jump right on in. Everyone here is wonderful.

Just a note to all those who might be wondering where I am. I am still around. I HATE not having internet. This bites the big one. People are really loud at the library now-a-days. My gosh, if I were this loud way back when, they would have thrown me out! And I'm not talking about little children....adults on their cell phones. Go outside! Teenagers carrying on. AARRRGGHH!

GG - sorry to hear about your pony. But it looks like you've found a doable solution. Hope you get those personal trainer gifts! My best friend had a trainer a couple of years ago and she really lost the weight. I think it helped to have an impartial 3rd party to be accountable to.

Alicia - soooo funny about the pic on the debit card! What a good idea! Maybe I'll try that. Pics on the fridge don't work for me. I just don't see them after a couple of days. But the debit card....especially if you wrapped it around the card and have to remove the pic in order to use it....hmmm.

Christina - so glad that DS can come home for Christmas. What an extra special day that will be!

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight! Even small amounts. That's great!

I just added up if I had been more serious about this weight stuff since I've signed up for 3fc, I could have been at least 50lbs lighter! What a dummy.

I am going back to AZ in 10 days for our 15-year anniversary. I had a choice between anniversary and Christmas. I just couldn't spend our 15-year alone. My heart is half broken as it is. I am a bit worried that it will storm and I won't be able to go or get back. I have bad luck in these things. But so far, no snow and only a very light freezing rain one morning. Sunday, it was 64 degrees when I left for work @9:30am and 37 degrees when I got off @4pm. How crazy!

Anyway, hope you all have a great rest of the week.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Kerri, nice to see you! Glad you're going to get to see DH for your anniversary!

Hi Kari, Glad you joined us! Congrats on your progress soo far!

Lisa, What awesome news!! Yeah, I think it's time for a new scale!

Alicia, Wow, that's something I hadn't thought about before...electric stove = no dinner if the electric goes out! I've always had gas, until now!

Christina, Glad to have you back. How exciting that your bday is Christmas AND you'll have Dominic home!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, looks like a new job might be "in store" for you soon. LOL, i'm such a dork.

Kerri, just in case we don't see you again, have a safe trip and an awesome anniversary! Could Dh fly to St. Louis for Chirstmas? Yeah, I thought of the Debit card cause then I would have to see the pic before I bought dinner at McD's or something.

Welcome, SkinnyVibes!

Just taking a break. Thought I would post a few pics (from FL) of my Cousin's lil' one, I guess she would be my second cousin? Anyways, she LOVED my puppies and the loved her back. She cried her little heart out when we(mainly the pups) had to leave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chey1.jpg (47.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg chey2.jpg (6.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg chey3.jpg (34.6 KB, 8 views)
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/216/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I'm new here also. I'm 31, SAHM. I have 3 terrific kiddos, 13, 10, & 22 months. They're so much fun. I have a wonderful DH, we've been together for going on 9 yrs. and married going on 6 yrs. My two older children are from a previous marriage and my baby is mine & DH's, he also has 3 from previous marriage.

I look forward to getting to know everyone in these nice little daily chats.
jakesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #12  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
skinnyvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Kari and JakesGirl! We love having new people join in.

Better day on this end. My back is doing a little better. I've been alternating between heat and cold and that works wonders. Hope that everyone had a great day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..well now i really have a hard decision, I saw how much a personal traininer would cost...ughhh it gets pricey..you can buy individual sessions, but their packages are wayyyyyyy cheeper. so tomorrow i'm going to crunch some numbers and see if i could pull it off with the pony back in my life. I think i can...but will really have to not spend anything for myself for a few months..and maybe work one or two days extra a month. Just to make sure i don't cut myself too short. I'm going to do some heavy thinking...its something i want...but i also have to make sure i'm not living outside my means. We'll see. Got to definately do some number crunching. I know if i did it..i'd see some killer results..my trainer really works well with me and can push me..i already saw results in just the 4 sessions we had.

skinnyvibes and jakesgirl - welcome..join right in. We are a lively bunch...after we get our morning coffee LMAO

joan - hope you feel better

christina- sorry about all you've been thr...hang in ther

alicia - your pups are cute

kerri - hope you enjoy your trip...enjoy time with dh.

lisa - i'l keep my fingers crossed for a good new job...good luck

alright all..see ya in the morning!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Jakesgirl and Kari, Gatorgal is right ~ we are lively after caffine in the morning. Feel free to jump in, that is how you will get to know us.

Alicia, that was "moving" humor. Don't worry about it ~ I can be a dork too. How is the packing coming along?

Joan, glad to see that you're feeling a bit better. Take care of yourself.

Christina, sorry about your loss ~ I don't remember if I said that before. And congrats on having your son visit on Christmas. May it be a joyous time in the face of sadness.

Well I am off to check some other emails, and then off to bed. Tomorrow we have Seniors Day at work. Whenever we have those sales it is always a day from h-e-double hockey sticks. Basicly anyone over 55 gets an additional discount. (15 - 20% ~ depending if they use our credit card)

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote