Old 12-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default So, I didn't make my first mini goal

I"m one day away from my first mini goal, and weighed in at 253.6 this am. Short of a miracle I don't think I"ll be making it. But that's alright, I got close and that is what is important, what's more important, is I'm down from what I was a couple weeks ago. I'll make a new goal for New Years, not sure what yet, but I"m sure I will think of something. Now hopefully I won't go totally off my diet plan while on my vacation.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Well you have the right attitude about it. You're this much closer to your longterm goal. And 21 lbs is a LOT so congratulations!!!! You've certainly worked hard!

A new goal is a good idea, but don't get too stuck on the dates, because if you never make them they may become very discouraging instead of encouraging! If you find this happening make a goal without an end date. (Ex: To lose 5 lbs, instead of to lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks.) That way you'll focus on how much you've lost instead of how fast you lost it.

Last edited by Lovely; 12-04-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Maybe instead of trying to reach a goal by a date, maybe you should reward yourself when you reach the goal. Like 10lbs and a new pair of shoes or 5lb and a new book.
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb I can't add much more than ......

Great ideas here.

I made my first mini goal but didn't my second. I was bummed but then I did a self-evaluation of everything that I had accomplished (NSV) during that time and I was really amazed at how much I had done.

Maybe, you could do that. Write down everything positive you have done during this time: ie; made better choices when you were out dining, did a non-food activity when tempted to eat, talked to a friend when you were bummed rather than talk to the refrigerator,etc. You get the idea.

All of that counts too.

Congrats on the weight lose so far! Looks to me like you're still in the game, girl!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #5  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm probably not going to make my mini-goal either by new years. I have to lose about 20lbs... in a month. Yeah, I totally blew November in the scheme of that, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. The truth is, I'm 30lbs lighter, feeling better, looking better, and on my way to a life change that is going to STICK!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #6  

You do have a fantastic disposition about the situation. As long as you are working toward your main goal you are doing terrific 21 pounds is nothing to sneeze at.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8

Just 2nding the don't set a particular date and reward yourself when you do hit minigoals. For those of us in the 100 pound group, getting into the nutritional and exercise habits we need to lose the amount of weight we want is more important than a specific date, etc. When I get frustrated along the journey, I just tell myself, "Consistency is key."
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

The only point of mini-goals, for me, is to help keep me focused. If you miss it by a bit but worked hard at it, then what real difference does it make if you hit it a week or two later? If you missed it because it was too ambitious for the time allowed or because you know you didn't try that hard, those are things to be learned from as well.

The important thing is that you lost 21 pounds and that is fantastic.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote