South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #1  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Question Daily weight fluctuations - HELP!!!

All:

I am curious as to your experiences with weighing.
First thing yesterday morning I weighed myself and I had 231.4 lbs. YEAH!!! That was at 7:30 a.m.

I went to the doctor and was weighed again around noon and my weight was 237!!!!!

This morning, my weight was 231.

What do you think? Do you experience weight fluctuations during the day?

Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Your body weight will fluctuate on a day to day basis as well as during the day depending on what you eat & drink. I only weigh once a week it's more of a set # that way
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The doctor's scale is different from the at home one. You still weigh the same - just the reading is different.
If you are a scale ho, weigh every morning after potty and before dressing or eating and drinking. Then average the readings for the week.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Sabbykay, I am scale-obsessed if I allow it. I used to leave my scale out in the bathroom and so I'd step on it every time I went in there (which is a lot on the days I get in all my water!). Now I've learned to weigh once a week and I shove it up under my tub so I have to get down on my hands and knees to pull it out, and I'm too lazy for that! But when I was weighing so much, I noticed my weight would vary up to 5 lbs. or even more in the same day. Obviously it's not weight gain or loss but fluids, the food in your stomach, the clothes you're wearing, etc. Even knowing that, if you're like me, it'll drive you crazy if you let it!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #5  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
If you are a scale ho, weigh every morning after potty and before dressing or eating and drinking. Then average the readings for the week.
LOL, I am a scale ho! So is DH but he works night so he weighs himself when he gets up for work. Sometimes I weigh myself other times during the day just because I am curious but I only use the FIRST weight of the day in my average.
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #6  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Scale-Hos Anonymous, that's us. I too am a scale-ho. I weigh myself first thing every morning. At first I'd freak when the scale went the wrong way, but now it doesn't even phase me. This week I've been 171.5, 173, and 171.5 again. I don't average the numbers, I just plug them into fitday and let the computer give me the general trend. I usually only update my ticker if the number shows up more than twice.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #7  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

I update my ticker if I have been at or below that weight for 3 days in a row. Right now I am updating ours everyday because it's more motivating through PH1 to see a constant loss

(woo hoo, 25 posts, now I can pm!)
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #8  

I weigh often. I keep the scale in the bathroom and find myself weighing at least once or twice a day. My weight fluctuates, but I know that, so I don't let the numbers get me down. Weighing helps keep me focused on my goals--if I only did it once per week, I'd probably get distracted from my healthy eating habits in the middle of the week! When I transfer to a maintainance goal, I'll reduce the frequency of the weighings.
vb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #9  

i am absolutely a scale freak! i notice my weight fluctuates and i weigh much more in the evenings given my food & water intake (and i always weigh more before my period). last night i weighed 149; this morning i weighed 146. i prefer to go with the morning weight number when i'm updating my ticker!!
Devonlas is offline   Reply With Quote