Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Favorite NutriSystem foods?

Hi everyone! I'm about to start NurtiSystems and would like some advice on what foods to order.

What are your favorite NS foods?

What NS food should I avoid?

Thanks!
Elise
little lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #2  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

heya, i've been on nutrisystem for my 3rd month now. i have to admit, the food is not all that good - looks nothing like the commercials. i'm not that picky, so i've been able to stomach their food. if you hate tv dinners, then i advise against nutrisystem!
as far as the food goes: for breakfast, i like the cereals and the muffins - the granola bars are really gross, especially the apple ones. for lunch and dinner, i prefer anything with noodles or pasta instead of anything with beef in the title.
some of the desserts aren't bad, like the nutrichocolates or soy chips.
if you are unlike me and can dish out the extra money to pick your own foods, do it - your tastebuds will thank you!
i'm thankful for nutrisystem being really easy since all the meals are prepared and i have also learned portion control. but once i'm done with this month's food, i'm starting weight watchers! i can't wait to eat regular food again!
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Elise,
My opinion is that you should try everything at least once. You will find that the same entree has people who love it and hate it.
For your first few meals, stick with familiar things. Your taste buds will change, seriously. There are some things I didn't care for the first time I tried them, but now I like them.
Keep in mind that NS is coming out with something like 60 new food items later this month into January.

That said - my favorites are:
Breakfasts:
The pancakes - so good and filling for breakfast
Low Fat Granola

Lunches
The bars
Cheesy potatoes

Dinner
Chicken Patty
Hamburger
The pizzas (yes they are small LOL!)
Mac and Cheese

The desserts

All but the puddings.
Love the pretzels and the crunch bars

Don't forget that you can play with your food. Mix it up - add your own seasonings, or use the food in an unusual way. Like the beef tacos - crumble the shells and make your own taco salad, topping with low fat sour cream (free food).
Or cut up the chicken patty into slices and stir fry with veggies and fat free teriyaki sauce.
Use the pancake mix to make anything from muffins to bread pudding for breakfast.
The possibilities are endless!

Last edited by fiberlover; 12-04-2007 at 08:52 AM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote