Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/296/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi I'm fat and I need help

Hi everyone I'm 34 years old with one son that's 15 and I'm 296Ibs. And I would like to lose at least 100Lbs. All this weight has made me very lazy, and I't seems like I can't do anything. This weight has really made me depressed thus I'm not at all happy with myself. My friend/realtor gatoramanda has helped motivate me, and also showed me how to eat to get the pounds off. I'm soon to join the gym to shed the pounds;although I have a tread mill at home I can't seem to get on it because it makes me very dizzy. I'm glad Gatoramanda open my eyes to this website;because know I know I'm not alone in this. P.S. I really like this guy >
MsTangie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi MsTangie, and

I'm so glad you're here. I'm a bit younger than you, but we have -almost- the same stats. I'm walking proof that you CAN do this!

Keep posting here. Visit your doctor to ask about that dizziness problem...it could be something easily corrected, and you'd never have to deal with it again (I get something called benign positional vertigo...a few specific head movements done by the doctor fixes it, and the dizziness is gone. It comes back whenever I get a cold). Anyway, get that checked out...if the treadmill makes you dizzy, other exercise at the gym might also. Get moving and keep reading here.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Hi! I'm glad you joined us. This board has been a HUGE factor in the success I've had, so gatoramanda definitely steered you in the right direction by suggesting that you come here!

I wanted to reply to you particularly because your stats are similar to mine. I started at 275, a little less than you, but our heights are the same and I was 34 when I started losing weight back in July of 2006. My goal was 165, which I met in October. I just want you to know that if I did it, you can do it. I never thought I would actually go through with it and lose over 100 pounds, but it IS possible!

As for the treadmill, that made me a little dizzy at first too, but now I can run on the thing without feeling woozy. Just take it slow and work up to higher speeds later on. Can you walk outside at all?

What kind of eating plan are you doing? There's lots of advice all over 3FC for people who are just starting out. I learned sooooo much from the people here. Stick with 3FC and you'll get tons of inspiration and support.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Treadmills give me shin splints, so I haven't been on one since I started losing weight (not that there are any in this town anyway).

You know what my best cardio has been today? Cleaning. I turn up whatever music really gets me dancing and go nuts. I put on my HRM and I burned 236 calories just getting my bedroom clean, cleaning the living room (and waxing the stupid floor, by hand), and hand washing all of my underwear.

I definitely think sneaking in exercising works. Good luck!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Welcome! I've got similar stats, too. I've probably lost weight faster than some, but it won't take very long before you are feeling so much better. even 15-20 pounds will make a huge difference.

When I first started on the treadmill, I couldn't walk on it without holding on with one hand or I got dizzy and started to wander off in one direction. I actually switched to the elliptical because you get to hang on. I don't think the dizziness is all that unusual.

Keep reading and posting. It really helps me to keep my motivation up.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hey I'm fat too! whoohooo! heheheh Welcome aboard!!! I wish I'd started this whole thing back when I was 34, but was the internet even invented then? hehehehe kidding i ain't THAT old! hehehe

Be sure to keep us up to date on your progress & life! welcome aboard
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #7  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Welcome indeed! I look forward to reading more posts from you
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #8  

Hey MsTangie, Welcome!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 296/296/160

Thank's everyone for showing me so much love and support. I will keep posting all my progress. I'm just fighting with my eating habits right know. Robin I would like to know how you lost so much weight so fast. I just want to start feeling good about myself, and get this lazy spirit behind me. I'ts messing with the relationship I have with the DBF and I want to be healthy for my son. And not having to have him tie my shoes because my stomach is in the way. This weight is really a hinderance. I'm going to school part-time to obtain a degree in Computer Information and getting to the gym will be hard. I' m going to do this even if it kills me. lol. But you ladies have been a big support for me. Thank you, Thank you,Thank you

Last edited by MsTangie00; 12-05-2007 at 11:59 AM.
MsTangie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Please post often so we can get to know you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am glad you found us!!! Please keep us posted about your progress!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #12  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! You've come to the right place for information, inspiration and motivation. You'll be losing in no time at all!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #13  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I'm happy to report that MsTangie has been calling me (not that I'm the authority) on what to eat...how to get past the cravings...and she has joined my gym (she lives 2 houses away from me!) and has gone with me the past 2 nights. She now just has to get through the weekend...but she can do it. She is ready!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote