Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Okay I'm back/need a kick in the pants

Okay I realized this morning how much I really enjoy this website and the forums and how I really need it on a daily basis to stay on track. I've been lurking somewhat and not posting all that much. I went for my annual wellness woman check up this morning and I've gained back 7 pounds. So I'm definitely not happy. The good news is I quit my job about 6 weeks ago-too much stress/drama and no matter how much you could have paid me to do that job the stress/drama was just not worth it and I am just focusing on taking care of myself and my marriage and completing my college education and meeting new people/making friends and I'm really REALLY ready to make this commitment because if I don't do it now when I actually have the time and establish the healthy habits I want to have then I'll never do it since I'm a procrastinator. I kind of had a "uh-oh this is the last straw moment" yesterday at Kohl's when me and Hubby were shopping and I passed a dressing room mirror- the kind that has front side and back mirrors and it just shows everything from every single angle and I kind of did a double take and I first thought "oh that's not me, She looks fat and frumpy and tired and pregnant almost." But yep it's me in that mirror. I almost wanted to start crying right then and there in the store. Then to top it all off while we were at Kohl's we ran into one of Hubby's old high school classmates one of whom I had never met and I just wanted to go and hide under a rack of clothes or something. But now I kind of wish I had a camera with me yesterday so that I could have taken my picture in that mirror to give myself a butt kicking and reminder of what I look like in a bad picture. So I'm off to join fitday and play around with that since I've noticed among the successful people on here, about half or more of those successful people have done fitday or something like it. Earlier this month I did go through a phase which I posted about and I honestly think I was depressed and EXTREMELY stressed and I just absolutely was not hungry and had no appetite/nothing sounded good and in order to force myself to eat I tempted myself with all sorts of goodies and snacks if I ate a good lunch/dinner hence the weight gain. Now I've confessed and I DO feel better already. I've already thrown out some junk food I had here. That reminds me now I need to also throw out the leftover stuff from Pizza hut. Hubby won't be happy but it needs to be out of my sight. Any other suggestions?
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #2  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Boy, you're not the only one who needs a kick in the pants. I am such a yo-yo dieter. When I start losing weight I get cocky and stupidly think I can start eating all the wrong foods that got me fat in the first place. I was just going back through my FitDay log-ins and realized I was most successful when I diligently posted my daily food intake and exercised every day. The FitDay tool works but we gotta work it. So I'm gonna get back on the horse and this time I'm determined to lose this weight! I wish you much success!
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #3  

Haha thanks Deedee- Makes me feel better now that someone else finally posted about needing a kick in the pants as well. Thanks for the well wishes and I wish you well in return too!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 AM   #4  
Happy Holidays!

S/C/G: 174/154/135

Height: 5' 2 1/4"

I know how it feels when you see yourself in the mirror, especially next to a skinny friend. I hate shopping sometimes because things don't fit and friends tell you that they look good anyway when you know it is too tight around the stomach!

You've taken a good step in the right direction by posting your problems you are dealing with so kudos!

oh pizza hut leftovers get me too! I eat them for breakfast the next morning! I really don't feel good afterwards, pizza hut makes me bloated, but it is my favorite place to order pizza from! I am so glad I am broke right now otherwise I'd probably get some tomorrow! LOL!
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #5  

Thanks Short... It is depressing when you look in the mirror and one of your friends is next to you... I went to the mall the other night as well with a friend who needed a dress for an event and who is the exact same height and body type as me and she's starting to gain weight but still is 50 pounds lighter than me so she looks good to me due to the current weight I am now. I'm trying to encourage the friends I have that are gaining weight to get control of it now and not be like me and gain 85 pounds before you realize "Holy crap I'm really obese" since the ones that do need to lose weight and have only gained 15-35 pounds are venting to me and I'm trying to be supportive as well but it's a bit hard to do since they are all still about 35-50 pounds lighter than me and I'd love to be in their shoes right now.

Lol I do not eat pizza or anything from pizza hut for breakfast. I just can't do that for some reason.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

BBB - even after gaining back some of it, you're still better off than when you started. Welcome back.

I need to have the unfriendly stuff out of the house. I am a binger, if the cookies are there, I eat til they are GONE!! If DH needs or thinks he needs crap in the house, make him go get it himself or if you are buying, only buy cookies etc that you do not like.

I love FITDAY. It keeps me honest, if I know I'll have to read later what I ate, it makes me think about eating it. I 've also found, if I use Fitday, sometimes at the end of the day, I do have room for a snack. If so, and I really want it, I have it.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #7  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I need a kcik in the pants myself. I was going to try to get back on track this weekend. Went back to the parents' house for a party- ended up being two days of bad food decisions. I am going to have to work extra hard now to lose anything this week. Good luck girl! I know what it's like to look in a dressing room mirror and cry- been there, done that. I wish you the best and consider this my official kick in the pants to you and myself.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #8  

MotherMavis- Thanks for the encouragement. That's what I've been telling myself I know how to do this I just have to stick to it and that I've not allowed my weight to go back to where it was when I first first started.

LittleMoonRabbit-Thanks for the kick in the pants..Been there done that with the visiting parents situation. My mom does not need to lose weight and actually needs to gain weight so they do not cook all that much and go out a lot instead so when I'm visiting it's difficult.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #9  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, BBB! Like you, I find I am most successful when I log my food into Fitday and when I visit this site everyday. I've been lurking too, lately...is it in the water?

Oh I hate those mirrors. That very same thing happened to me last year at Target. I always thought, "I know I've gained weight but at least I don't have one of THOSE butts" and what happened? That day at Target, I looked in the mirror and saw the very butt I've been railing against!

I can totally relate to your experience with your hubby's high school friend. My hubby and I met at our old work and nobody has seen us since we quit (and gained a LOT of weight). Well, on one of my worst looking days (hair not done, no makeup, old sweatpants and sloppy shirt), we went to the grocery store and ran into a former co-worker that still works there. I know he went back and told them all that we had gotten fat and I looked horrible now. It was so humiliating, so since then I've tried to dress reasonably well to prevent such a situation.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 PM   #10  

Trooworld you nailed it on how you looked when you ran into your former co-worker at the grocery store. That's exactly how I looked and my hair was starting to look grungy minus the sweats but I was not dressed in my nicest things either. I guess something is in the water since I've noticed your absence too!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 12-04-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Whatever you do, don't go NEAR three way mirrors... ever.

I was reading one of Bobbi Brown's books about makeup, etc. and she said in there How about a little lying to oneself? Like NOT turn on neon lights in the bathroom when you have a few wrinkles and it'll just ruin your day?

I'm with her, I keep the lights a little softer and I hate dressing rooms with three way mirrors and neon lights, they are so unflattering, why do they have them? I don't go near them, find a dressing room without one. And I feel better about myself.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #12  
Happy Holidays!

S/C/G: 174/154/135

Height: 5' 2 1/4"

I know how you feel when you hear a friend complain about only needing to lose a little weight. To reach my goal weight I only need to lose 25 or so pounds and it is hard! I think whether you have to lose 10 or 100 pounds it is always a struggle because gaining it was so much easier and everyone just wants quick results because of the stress we put on ourselves about our weight.

I know we can lose the weight if we stick to some kind of lifestyle change!
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #13  
never give up

S/C/G: 212/169/130

Height: 5'4"

excuse me but could someone tell where the line is for the kick in the pants?
Debbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbs View Post
excuse me but could someone tell where the line is for the kick in the pants?

Here ya go -
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #15  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
I guess something is in the water since I've noticed your absence too!
Yeah, I've been around but have been lurking...and I haven't been on everyday like I usually am; it's been the end of the semester and I've been swamped and anxious. I'm out for the next 6 weeks, so I should be on regularly although I might be lurking.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote