Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #1  
active kids, active mom

Default RockinRobin -- talk to me

RR and any others who have never plateaued,

I read your story -- and WOW!!!!! You mentioned that you never plateaued. Does this mean that you never ever even had a week where you stayed the same or gained?

I worked out 5-6/7 days for the past 2 weeks and ate within my calories -- 1500 -- and I am not seeing loss. I know that it has only been 2 weeks, but wow is it frustrating when I am working so hard.

So, did this never happen to you? I am just wondering what you might have done differently.

Thanks.

You really do ROCK BTW!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Maybe you are not eating enough?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

I plateau all the time and I don't worry about it. I have not gained or lost anything in the last couple months. I have gone down from a tight size 14 pants to a loose size 12 pants. With no weight change only good eating and exercise, cardio and weights. Don't worry about the scale so much. Drink lots of water and exercise and keep eating well. Hang up a pair of tight pants where you can see them everyday. Try them on before you step on the scale. I bet they will tell the story even if the scale doesn't. Take your measurements, every other week or once a month. The scale isn't always the best judge. Keep up the great exercise routine. Mix it up a little.
Spurts of high intensity with middle intensity is a great fat burner.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

I lost the most weight when I fluctuate between 2000 and 1300. Too many of the 2000 days and the scale doesn't move. The only reason why I switched to varying is because I read on here that most people plateau when they were less than 2000. Try varying one day a week.
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think for most people plateauing is a normal part of the process. Some weeks you just retain water, or the fat just doesn't metabolize out as fast (it's not an instantaneous process!), or you add a little muscle...

So, if you are plateauing, please don't think you're doing anything wrong!! Just keep at it (making sure what you're doing will work for you long term) and the weight will come off.

Last edited by Heather; 12-03-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitsforfive View Post
RR and any others who have never plateaued,

I read your story -- and WOW!!!!! You mentioned that you never plateaued. Does this mean that you never ever even had a week where you stayed the same or gained?

I worked out 5-6/7 days for the past 2 weeks and ate within my calories -- 1500 -- and I am not seeing loss. I know that it has only been 2 weeks, but wow is it frustrating when I am working so hard.

So, did this never happen to you? I am just wondering what you might have done differently.

Thanks.

You really do ROCK BTW!
Hi. Yes, I'm sure it must be frustrating to work so hard and not see a loss on the scale. But you should be proud, thrilled and ecstatic that you have stayed on plan for 2 more entire weeks. That IS something to celebrate, regardless of what the scale tells you. We can do the same identical thing 2 weeks in a row, exercise wise and food wise and see 2 completely different results. Weight loss rarely, if ever is on an even keel. This is where your no loss comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a nice drop one day very soon.

As for me not plateauing, well, I was EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY vigilient and disciplined and consistient. I really counted each and every calorie, ate extremely heatlhy foods, only good carbs, no starchy vegetables or even whole wheat pasta or rice, lots of protein and fiber, no 100 calorie packs or that kind of stuff, I drank lots of water, and I constantly kept upping my exercise, - oh and I was lucky.

I did have one week later in my journey where I stayed the same. I wouldn't call that a plateau. It was completely and totally self induced.

Stick with it. Stick with it. STICK WITH IT. Sticking to a healthy calorie allotment and adding in exercise WILL result in weight loss. It will happen. IF in another week or two, you still have no results, we'll talk again and figure something out. Okay? But for now, stay with what you're doing. And be proud of yourself for making the necessary changes that will transform your life. It WILL payoff - big time, and you won't be sorry one little bit.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #7  
active kids, active mom

Thank you so much everybody. I appreciate all the motivating words and ideas.

I did the pants thing, Sharon, and my tight pants did indeed feel better this morning.

I know better than to give the scale so much power, but I figured that since I had been recording every morsel of food and exercising so much, I SHOULD see something. After reading Robin's thread I am, first and foremost, even MORE impressed with such an incredible weight loss effort (if it is possible to be more impressed than I was before) and , second, I have used some of my calories for whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, and the occasional meringue cookie or peppermint candy -- so I can't really compare (nor should I because I know in my brain that it is silly to compare, but the rest of me loses all sensibility when trying to lose weight).

You know, I kind of lurked here for a long time before posting and now I wonder why. I can really see how valuable it is to participate more fully in this amazing community.

Thank you all!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I just wanted to say that there's nothing at all wrong with whole wheat pasta or whole wheat bread, provided you are within your calorie allotment. Many, many, MANY successful losers DO indeed eat that. Had I eaten those things would I have had a different result? Well of course, there's no way to know that.

I'm glad to hear that we've pulled you out of lurkdom. Please participate. It's much more fun and valuable. I look forward to hearing lots more from you. Good luck and I wish you continued success!!

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote