Old 12-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #1  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Breakfast?

What is a normal breakfast for everyone? COD looked at my book today and informed me that I should be making breakfast my biggest meal of the day. Sadly, I am not a breakfast person at all. She said I could use the shakes as much as I need to, but I've been told before that I shouldn't use them every day. Anyone been told something different?
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #2  

I eat a half protein at breakfast each day -- usually either 1tbsp peanut butter, 1 egg, 12 almonds or light cheese. I eat that with a Starch and a fruit.
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #3  

i think peanut butter is probably going to be my best bet for a breakfast protein.. I have turkey bacon a good bit but it is on the infrequent list so I don't want to do it too much..

Last edited by EmilyLashea; 12-01-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

on the days where i don't have to get up at 330am...
i usually eat egg beaters with cheese and a whole wheat english muffin or fiber one and yogurt and either an apple or banana. or i'll make a soymilk smoothie with strawberries and some type of starch (toast or english muffin).
but on the days where i do have to wake up super early, i grab a string cheese (for protein) and fruit. and then i have a soy latte with a bar later around 10am.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #5  
sscott

Usual I am pretty rushed in the morning, so my breakfast has to be quick and easy. I usually have toast with peanut butter, a banana, and milk. I like bananas, but because they have a higher sugar and calorie content then other fruit, I like to eat it in the morning for a good jump start of energy. Sometimes I will eat Fiber One and yogurt and fruit for breakfast for a change. I find it get hungry faster when I don't get protein in the morning. I am not a huge fan of eggs, so I don't eat them often at all and cheese isn't doesn't sound good to me, so I stick with the peanut butter. My COD says it's a good choice to start the morning.

I can't answer your question about the shakes. I have never tried them before and know one has even talked to me about them. I wouldn't buy them any way, so they must of figured that out by now Good luck with making breakfast choices! You're doing an awesome job, so keep up the good work!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #6  

Stacy- Thanks! I do cheese in the morning every now and then, but as a dairy. I'm going to try to do PB most of the time I suppose. And I don't buy COD shakes.. I use the SlimFast as a substitute [told them I bought them offline.]
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

How sad we all feel forced to lie to our COD about not buying the LAWL products.
I always eat a real breakfast. In fact it is sometimes my only real meal. I cook eggs or make an omelet. I try to get a veggie and a starch in as well. I bring yogurt with fruit for midmorning snack.
A 1 1/2 egg omelet with chopped asparagus 1oz LF cheese and a slice of light bread. I avoid egg beaters because they taste fake to me.
When rushed I eat peanut butter on light bread with a fruit.
The drinks do not keep me full long enough and I get grumpy from hunger. T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'm out the door and at work by 5 most mornings. So a big breakfast that early is just not feasible. I've always been a grazer so for me it works the best with six to seven mini meals over the day.

Most weekday mornings, I start with a dairy and some fruit or a starch. Around 8 or so I either have a bar or mixed nuts.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #9  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

I usually have a bowl of Kashi cereal with berries, 1oz of almonds and milk to give me a starch, a protien, a fruit and a dairy. It's easy, quick and keeps me full for a while.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #10  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

I almost always make french toast. Add a little splenda and cinnamon to the egg mix. Then I will have a fruit and yogurt. But I am on plan 4 so I still have quite a bit of food to go around.

Last edited by bradleys mom; 12-02-2007 at 06:47 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5.2

Default Plan 4 without lites

Hi everyone,

Does anyone find it hard to do Plan 4? I join LA WL on Nov. 24 and I only lost 3 lbs. I feel like I'm not loosing fast enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks
Nal
Nal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

When I don't have to rush, I have eggs with toast..

When I have a little time to kill before I leave, I usually have a lite english muffin with PB, a Lite and Fit smoothie and some kind of fruit. I usually save the fruit for the office.

My usual morning has me taking a Lite and Fit smoothie and fruit at the office and get my starches in at lunch.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #13  
New mommy again :-)

I almost always have a low fat waffle with cream cheese and jelly and some sort of fruit with that.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

Do you make your own low-fat waffle, or buy them packaged?

Last edited by Dan2112; 12-03-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #15  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Emily!
I usually have a light english muffin and RF PB and half a banana cut up on top! Yum! Although my COD said to alternate and not use PB every morning so on the other days I scramble one egg and make two pieces of toast with the butter spray and put a little hot sauce on my egg. And make a sandwhich with it! It's good. And then sometimes I have Cottage Cheese and grapes with that.... hope this helps!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote