Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for December

Hello!! This group follows the weight watchers plan (well, some of them do), they weigh in on Thursdays (well, some of them do), and they are great to chat with and give support to others (all of them do!!). Everyone is welcome to post here and join us in solving all of the problems of the world!!!!

Tina, good for you for getting Christmas cards done. You and Susan are my heroes!! I've thought about it, but that doesn't help get them done. Tim and Lauren did put up the tree on the porch on Friday night. It looks wonderful. It was great to have them here over the weekend. Didn't want them to leave yesterday, but I knew she had a paper to finish working on and Tim had his own things to work on. He also had to work at the dorm last night.

Possibility of big news for Tim! He had decided that next year he wanted to be an RA in the dorm. He has worked the desk and night staff both years he has been there. Well, apparently there are some openings 2nd semester on campus, and he may have an RA position after Christmas!! He thinks there will be 2 openings in the dorm where he has lived both years, and he would love to stay there. If he does get hired, his room and board will be paid for! All we have to pay is tuition!!!!!! Not sure when he'll find out for sure.

Bob and I are leaving later today just for an overnight trip. Heading down toward Cincinnati. I know we'll hit one of the gambling riverboats because we'll be staying there overnight. we had a coupon for a free night. He needs to start doing more so he is ready to go to Georgia the end of January. I can't believe we'll be leaving in less than 2 months!! I wish we were there today because it is COLD here! The wind is awful, so that makes it feel worse.

Not sure if I'll get back on here today. Hope you all have a great week!!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off this month.
Have a wonderful time!!!

I'll write more later. I'm on my way for a bone scan.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

I don't think the group has "found" this thread yet.

Tammy, I hope you and Bob had a great overnight trip. I wish we could do something like that.
I had my bone scan. It's so fast and simple. The dr. office called that my mammogram was good and my bone scan showed little change. I have some bone mass loss, but not much. He has me on Actonel. I need to eat more yogurt and take my calcium pills regularly. I keep forgetting about them. Shame on me!
I'd love a loss on the scales this week. I've got to drink more water and less Diet Cokes.

How is everyone?????
Old 12-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #4  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Tammy - Hope you and Bob had a wonderful overnight visit. What part of GA are you coming to in January?

Tina - I'm right there with you when it comes to eating more stuff with calcium and taking calcium pills. I know if I don't I will most likely end up with osteoporosis.

Over all I'm doing okay. Not as good as I would like to be doing, but not bad either. Monday and Tuesday I went to Jacksonville with two colleagues for a conference. It was fun. Tomorrow it's back to work and I have an IEP meeting scheduled. *sigh* I have started my Master's degree and I'm in my third class right now. I have goofed off a lot and now I'm trying to play catch up. I emailed my professor to explain things so I'm hoping things will get better. We'll see what happens.

I did weigh myself yesterday morning and I'm down from 179.6 to 178.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Morning,
It's a pretty day here. I'm getting ready to "hit" the treadmill.
Tammy, how was your trip?????
Dori, it sounds like you had a fun trip. And, WOW, starting on your masters degree is awesome.
Congratulations on your loss!!!!!

Susan, how is school?
Maureen, are you snowed in?

Old 12-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

I do not know why people are not posting!

Larry is in the hospital! He's had a maybe pinched nerve in his neck or carpal tunnel in both hands for several months.
Yesterday both hands were numb. His doctor saw him and said for us to go to the ER because they would run the tests and she would have to schedule them. It might be weeks before they'd do them.

Still don't know anything. Very slow.
Cat Scan of his neck tonight or in the morning.
That's all for now.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #7  

Tina, we had a nice time getting away. It was liking having the old Bob back. He joked around, he laughed, he ate, and he had a great time. good for you on the bone scan and mammogram!! I go for my mammogram next week.

Sorry to hear about Larry!!! I can relate to the arms/hands being numb. Before I was diagnosed with the fibro, mine would go numb all the time. Very difficult to drive. Once I was on the meds, it did help with the numbness. I went for physical therapy, and I was wearing braces on both arms. I did have surgery on the right one because the nerve damage was pretty severe. I still get some numbness after the surgery, but not like before. My left arm still goes numb when I drive, but I have never had surgery on it.

Keep us posted on what he finds out!!!!

Dori, we'll be leaving here the last week of January for Jekyll Island. We can check in at our condo on Feb. 1. We're planning to stop a 2-3 nights on the way down. I know we plan to go to Charleston, SC, to visit with my cousin's daughter and her family. Her twins are 1 1/2 years old, and we've never seen them. Can't wait!

I have my master's degree. It was alot of work, but well worth it in the end. One class I took was a total eye opener for me. We were observed by someone from the university, and we received feedback. I was doing a better job than I thought I was, and it really gave my morale a boost at the time. Our principal at that time rarely observed, so I really didn't know how I was doing. Good luck with your classes!!!

I'm feeling better today. I had a flu bug yesterday, so I wasn't out of bed much except to run to the bathroom. My bucket was my friend. Yuck, huh??

Hope everyone will start posting! I'm guilty for not posting. We got back Tuesday night, and then Wed. I was at the soup kitchen and I had another meeting. Wasn't on the computer much.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #8  

Tina, how is Larry?????????????????????
Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, thank you for caring!!!!!

He got to come home last night. I'm very worried about him.
I'll e-mail you.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #10  

Lets keep those prayers rolling for Tina and Larry gang!!!

Sure wish others were posting!!!

Kramer has me up again way too early. Of course, the next 3 days I have to get up at 4:30 because I'm helping out at the Christian radio station again. If I do the early shift, I have the rest of the day to do whatever, so I'm doing early again. I'll regret it by Wednesday!!!

Back to bed for a while before I have to get up to get ready for church.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #11  
Susan

Hey...... remember me???? I don't like the new change to a new place. Not use to it. Plus life has been crazy. But I'm here now

Tammy, I'm glad Bob is doing better and had a good time on the trip. It was good for both of you.

Tina, tell us about Larry? How is he??????? I might try calling you in a little while.

So much has been going on that I don't know if I'm coming or going. My personal trainer is moving to Europe next week. So we are cramming in all of my sessions or as many as possible. She has been wonderful and will have someone for me. But it won't be her.

My guinea pig (class) is very sick. I thought we were going to have to put her down but still not sure. She has a horrible bladder infection and not eating. So I'm having to now force feed her. The vet said that she was doing better. Our Living Material Center had her for a week and took her back to the vet and said she could come home. So I got her back on Friday but I'm keeping her here at home until she improves. They forget to eat if they get sick and will starve to death.

My diet is not!!! I am still ordering the food but not doing to well on sticking to it. I am either not hungry or eating something I'm not suppose too. I plan on getting back on track. Wish it wasn't so hard for us!!!!!

I'll stop for now so I don't right a novel. Tammy, I was late getting cards out Pat even pointed that out to me.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #12  
Just Do It

Well ladies, things in my neck of the woods aren't going all that great.

My grandmother had a stroke on Saturday. Yesterday morning we got a call stating she was unconscious/not responsive and around 1:45 they called to let us know that they had to move her to ICU and she's on a vent. Last night my mom went to see her and her temp had gone up to 106. They put a cold blanket on her and the temp went down to 101. I don't have any new news as of right now. I'm going to call my mom during planning and see what is going on.

With all of that I'm not doing that well when it comes to eating. Sigh.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
It sounds like Tammy is the only lady that is doing well right now. Good for you!
Susan, I'm sorry Pat is having his problems. You are in my prayers, you know that!
Dori, that is so awful about your grandmother. Please let us know whenever you have new news.
Larry talked to his neurologist this morning. A test will be done Wednesday and then a surgeon will talk to us sometime.
Prayers are welcome and needed.

Last edited by Tina; 12-10-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #14  
Just Do It

Ladies, grandma is getting worse.

Yesterday an MRI and CTscan were done. They showed a stroke on Saturday, a bigger one on Sunday, and there is one that can happen at any moment located near her brain stem. I honestly believe she is waiting for my dad to get there and then she will let go. Things aren't easy, however I appreciate being able to say goodbye and not have it happen suddenly. I plan on going to see her after work today to say my final goodbye. Just wanted to let you all know what was going on. Please continue to pray and keep us in your thoughts. We definitely need it.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Oh Dori, I am so so sorry. You and your family are certainly in my prayers.